MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/64490377.html?elr=KArksUUUycaEacyU

Absolutely incredible video from Aaron, the last person to see Jacob alive.
Thank you for sharing this, Trino.

I have wondered how this little boy, now man, has faired through the years, being witness to this haunting abduction.

I've wondered if he has suffered from 'survivor's guilt', as it seems it was just luck of the draw that he wasn't the one taken. I've wondered how this painful event has shaped his life.

My heart is warmed that he now has a child of his own, who has a middle name in honor of Jacob. My heart is also warmed to learn that he has served our country. Brave child, grown into brave man.

May Aaron, and his son, be blessed.

Wow... twenty years ago, today.

God bless you Jacob, and your family.

How I wish some answers will come soon.

Did anyone here send this link to LE in Stearns county?

According to text in the video, authorities have never questioned these people, the inference being LE has been told about this Richard person's confession. I wonder if the Wetterlings know about this lead. I can only assume they do.

From what info I've dug up on this is that the lady who recorded these tapes is named Diane Muehlbauer and is listed on the Minnesota list of now expired (as of June 30-2009?) bailbonds agents.
She did digging of her own after a pedophile that had been questioned about Wetterling's disappearance, confessed to Diane that he had foreknowledge of the act.

Personally I don't know what to make of all this but one interesting aspect of the tape was how the man present at the abduction described how the kidnapper pulled Jacob's hair down into his eyes so he couldn't see. To me it sounds kind of like what the kidnapper in Cold Spring, MN did to Jared, he made Jared pull his winter hat down in front of his eyes so he couldn't identify him... just a theory.

There is a Jacob Wetterling on Myspace.
Hoax more than likely, no photo, location Kellogg MN,last login 1-23-2009, age 32.

Just curious if it had been checked out.
If you go to Myspace, and search, just plug in the info above to find him. I can't link because I'm still backwards on the rules for posting Myspace links.

Bumping due to recent discussion

Very interesting

I don't make very much at all of that link, unless I'm missing something. He's a 32-year-old from Minnesota named Jacob. So what?

I hope this doesnt get removed but im just being honest in my opinion. I was in the National Guard when Jacob was abducted. I was 20 at the time. We were activated to look for "evidence of the abduction". When we were all gathered around for the debriefing, our commander had given us the information that was given to him. He reported everything that the media had received and was widely publicized. But he also added that the abductor asked "which one of you is Jacob?" Now let me stress that he could have been completely wrong and the abductor only asked which one of the kids was the oldest. But what if he wasn't? Ive always had this belief since the abduction. It is my own opinion only. If the abductor was really looking for Jacob personally, how would he know where the boy would be at any given moment? I think Jerry Wetterling had something to do with it. Jerry is Jacob's step dad and not a bio-dad. In all the pictures they showed of the grieving family did anyone EVER see Jerry shed a tear or even look sad? He just looked like i do when i go to the dentist "well, im just sitting here and i got to get through this". Just cold and stoic, not what you'd expect from someone who's son is missing. Yes, i know we all handle stress differently, but i mean come on! You're going to have some emotion! Maybe Jerry hired somebody to take Jacob. Why? Jacob was Patti's boy and maybe got a little too much attention that could have been directed toward her husband. Sounds far fetched? The green monster of jealousy has done much worse in the world. Jerry knew where they were going to be and when. He gave the kids permission to go to the store to rent a movie. He knew how long it would take to get there. He makes a phone call to the abductor. (yes, there was some planning involved before this point) the abductor lays in wait. He probably has seen pictures of Jacob and knows what he looks like but it's dark and pictures always look different than people do to some degree. There is more than one child too. He asks which one is the oldest. Jacob was most likely the oldest. But to be sure asked which one of you is Jacob so he doesnt grab the wrong kid. Jacob is gone. Jerry gets more attention from his wife not to mention the free advertising for his chiropractic business in town. This was before the age of cell phones so there would be no cell phone record. I can tell you one thing. If the commader of my company received and gave us the right information, I am not wrong. If he was wrong on the info then anything is possible. Even so, why would the abductor ask for the oldest? Wouldn't a child molester go for the youngest? Anyway, this has been bugging me for years and years and i feel better that i've spoken my mind. thanx for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt