MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A while back it was said I think on this board that they found a human foot did they ever confirm that the foot that was found was from the local cemetary and who it belonged to and if it was a cult that did it desecrated a grave?

yes they did but i belive it is mentioned on his thread just go back into the posts

This sounds like someone who would repeat the crime. Has their been any more crimes of this type in the state? Where is the composite of the guy the boys saw and the other similiar case in the nearby town?

This is one of the most haunting missing children cases ever. It is so creepy how the whole thing transpired. Kidnapped by your house in a small town in front of your brother. No leads at all.

I had some guy PM me on this a while back. Had some strange theory that Jacob was possibly abducted for medical/organ transplant purposes. Supposedly someone with the FBI told him this. I don't buy it. I think a pervert snatched him.

Alison Feigh was in Australia visiting relatives in 1989 when her parents told her a classmate had been abducted. On the journey home to Minnesota, she scanned the airport for any sign of the 11-year-old boy who sat next to her in math class. That boy was Jacob Wetterling.

"I remember very distinctly thinking that someone could have taken him to Australia," Feigh said. "When you're a kid, you think like that. I thought it was my job to keep an eye out."

Feigh, 30, has followed that vision ever since. After briefly considering careers in theater and teaching, she ultimately designed her own college major to focus on missing and exploited children. She worked for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Washington, D.C., and now works for the Jacob Wetterling Foundation in St. Paul, educating the public about keeping children safe and supporting families whose children have run away or been murdered or abducted. This spring, she published two picture books designed to help parents talk to their children about staying safe.

"This is my dream job," Feigh said. "The abductor already took Jacob. I didn't want anything else taken."

Wetterling's abduction on Oct. 22, 1989, in St. Joseph, Minn., sent shock waves through the state. While riding bikes with his younger brother and a friend on a gravel road near his house, Wetterling was abducted by a masked gunman. Hundreds of volunteers and law officials aided in the search, but the case was never solved. Feigh was out of the country for several weeks after Wetterling's disappearance — and she returned to a shaken and changed community.

"It really rocked her," said her mother, Elizabeth Feigh. "And I think that being so far away and not being able to attend the services and help in the search in St. Joseph made it worse."

http://www.twincities.com/news/ci_9287379?source=rss

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S627735.shtml?cat=1

October 22

It's been so long that most WS members probably don't remember that the Jacob Wetterling disappearance started emphasis and legislation for missing and abducted children. In 1994, the Jacob Wetterling Crimes Against Children and Sexually Violent Offender Registration Act was passed and later amended to Megan's Law in 1996. It was the first law to institute a state sex-offender registry. Leave your porch light on tonight to remember Jacob.

This is also the date that Tara Grinstead, Oscilla teacher, disappeared.

Bump for Jacob on the 19th Anniversary of his abduction. I only hope that this will be the year that his family gets some answers!

I hope this doesn't come across as offensive, but I wonder if something like what happened to Walter Collins (Changeling) could have happened to Jacob. Maybe it's because I just saw the movie today but who's to say there aren't other sickos out there like that Northcutt guy? I have been haunted by Jacob's disappearance ever since I first read about him.

Has Joseph Duncan (Groene Murders and abduction of Shasta) been looked at as a suspect? He claims that he had been molesting, abducting and killing for yrs.

This case has haunted me for years. Mark Klaas said in his web chat this is one of the most bothersome and scariest cases. It happened in such a small town. Somebody out there has to know something.

Police: Probe finds no link with Wetterling case
Associated Press
Published Tuesday, January 06, 2009

MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee police have investigated a suburban barber’s reported deathbed statement that he was a child killer but found no connection with any missing child case, including that of a Minnesota boy abducted two decades ago, a police spokeswoman said Tuesday night.

Search warrant documents obtained by WTMJ-TV showed the 62-year-old man told his psychiatrist of the killing and the psychiatrist notified police, but the man died from natural causes Dec. 15 before investigators could question him.

According to the station, searches of the man’s residence since the death found newly poured cement in the basement, elevated dirt piles in the yard, bondage devices in the basement, child *advertiser censored* on his bed and flyers and news articles about missing small children from nearby states.

Some materials involved the case of Jacob Wetterling, an 11-year-old boy who was abducted from St. Joseph, Minn., on Oct. 22, 1989, and has never been found.

No human remains were found in the basement or yard, the station said, and relatives said the man, a native of nearby Racine, had a great concern for child abduction victims, having been abducted as a child himself.

Police spokeswoman Anne E. Schwartz acknowledged that there were unusual things found in the search, but she told The Associated Press that the investigation didn’t come up with anything to show a connection with missing children.

“To suggest that this guy had anything to do with these missing children cases is absolutely inaccurate,” she said.

Jacob’s mother, Patty Wetterling, told KARE-TV in the Twin Cities that she had met the man a long time ago when he came to Minnesota “with psychic information,” indicating he wanted to help find the boy.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=100301&section=homepage

Police: Probe finds no link with Wetterling case
Associated Press
Published Tuesday, January 06, 2009

MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee police have investigated a suburban barber’s reported deathbed statement that he was a child killer but found no connection with any missing child case, including that of a Minnesota boy abducted two decades ago, a police spokeswoman said Tuesday night.

Search warrant documents obtained by WTMJ-TV showed the 62-year-old man told his psychiatrist of the killing and the psychiatrist notified police, but the man died from natural causes Dec. 15 before investigators could question him.

According to the station, searches of the man’s residence since the death found newly poured cement in the basement, elevated dirt piles in the yard, bondage devices in the basement, child *advertiser censored* on his bed and flyers and news articles about missing small children from nearby states.

Some materials involved the case of Jacob Wetterling, an 11-year-old boy who was abducted from St. Joseph, Minn., on Oct. 22, 1989, and has never been found.

No human remains were found in the basement or yard, the station said, and relatives said the man, a native of nearby Racine, had a great concern for child abduction victims, having been abducted as a child himself.

Police spokeswoman Anne E. Schwartz acknowledged that there were unusual things found in the search, but she told The Associated Press that the investigation didn’t come up with anything to show a connection with missing children.

“To suggest that this guy had anything to do with these missing children cases is absolutely inaccurate,” she said.

Jacob’s mother, Patty Wetterling, told KARE-TV in the Twin Cities that she had met the man a long time ago when he came to Minnesota “with psychic information,” indicating he wanted to help find the boy.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=100301&section=homepage

I sure hope they looked into this guy for other cases besides Jacob, "newly poured cement in the basement, elevated dirt piles in the yard, bondage devices in the basement, child *advertiser censored* on his bed and flyers and news articles about missing small children from nearby states." sure sounds bizarre to me. I doubt many psychics or "sleuthers" have child *advertiser censored* on their beds. (JMO)

What a whackjob! All of that stuff, but they found no remains, and claiming he did something that there's no proof of??

Sounds like some bizarre attention-getting plot to me...The lack of details especially from his end. I'd be more specific if I was giving a deathbed confession. Both God and the devil are in the details.

I've been posting on the other thread under Crimes in the News and this whole things is driving me nuts. They didn't find anything linking this guy to Wetterling.......really?

Lets see they found:
laminated, blown up pictures of Jacob
lots of newspaper clippings
A video of Jacob
Maps of St. Joseph where Jacob disappeared from

In addition to that they found blood, blood stains, clothing with blood on it, bondage devices, possible litagures, photos of young nude boys, tufts of hair, childrens shoes.

How can they find all of these things and say they have not found anything that leads them to believe this man has committed any crimes and this case is no longer under investigation and they have exhausted all possibilities. What? You found a house full of stuff, some of which can be tested forensical tested, not to mention when you find all of the things they have said they found it would take months to properly process it all.
The whole thing is just hinky-dinky. It makes no sense for LE to be making statements like this. You have a guy who just confessed to murderng two children and then you find a houseful of child *advertiser censored*, missing children info, blood, bondage devices, shoes, new concrete, freshly dug soil in the yard - one would think LE would be all over something like this. I would think that they would be excited by the prospect of possible finding answers for families and the public about the fate of these missing children.

I do admit his crediblitiy is lacking and I do not believe everything he has said but the evidence in his house speaks for itself.

I'd also like to know this man died. Natural causes is an umbrella of sorts.

My guess would be some sort of heart failure but I'd like to know for sure. I think it's strange that he admits this and is dead before the police can interview him. Even if he had a terminal illness, what are the odds?

Of course, if he was really ready to admit guilt, perhaps the dying is just a coincedence.

I'd also like to know this man died. Natural causes is an umbrella of sorts.

My guess would be some sort of heart failure but I'd like to know for sure. I think it's strange that he admits this and is dead before the police can interview him. Even if he had a terminal illness, what are the odds?

Of course, if he was really ready to admit guilt, perhaps the dying is just a coincedence.

The official cause of death was hypertensive cardiovascular disease, according to the report.

Thank you.

That's not something you can predict. I'd say he was ready to come clean. Not that it makes much difference now.

I hadn't ever heard of Jacob Wetterling until I found Websleuths and then I saw an episode of 20/20 on We. One thing that really stuck out to me was that he asked them how old they were. I'm from Arkansas and on June 9, 1995 Morgan Nick went missing from a baseball field - she was with two of her friends, it was 10:45 at night and he walked up to them and asked the girls a question. The question has never been released to the police. I was just wondering if the two were connected. There is 6 year time difference from JW and MN but that isn't a very big difference.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/n/nick_morgan.html

The only differences in that in JW case, the man wore a mask - at night, on a seemingly empty road and the guy who took MN didn't wear a mask in a parking lot full of people. AND the fact that they are different sexes. BUT if it was someone in a sex ring like I've read theorized, then the differentiating sexes wouldn't matter necessarily. Mostly I'm just thinking outloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste