MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting sory about the 2013 incident, but this is a woman. I don't see how it could be related to the 1989 JW abduction.

Interesting sory about the 2013 incident, but this is a woman. I don't see how it could be related to the 1989 JW abduction.

The woman staring and taking pics was in the passenger seat. I think the driver was male. I just mentioned it because there had been talk of vans in some of the abduction attempts in St. Joe.

It also could be paranoia. Hubby and I did the same thing - taking photos of houses we liked. I would like to know more about why the woman felt her children were targeted.

Human, what did you mean by this post? DAH is one of the "better ones?" He sexually and physically attacked multiple young males (8-10 victims aged 8-15) hundreds of times (victims estimate over 400 attacks for each with threats of killing them). He is vicious, cold blooded.

He has petitioned to get out in the past. He seems like one of the better ones in there. I don't think he raped any babies.

Sex offenders know how to be charming. They are NEVER at fault. Nope.

I can hardly wait. How soon will one be coming to your hood?

Human, what did you mean by this post? DAH is one of the "better ones?" He sexually and physically attacked multiple young males (8-10 victims aged 8-15) hundreds of times (victims estimate over 400 attacks for each with threats of killing them). He is vicious, cold blooded.

Truly, compared to some of the other ones in there he is a model citizen. I have a relative that worked there and that person walked off a great job with benefits to no job because the person could not take it anymore.

The justifications by the baby rapers as to why it was no problem can only be stood so long. The average length of employment is two years.

Did Kevin perfectly cover up DAHs tire treads? Search entow, truth be told, down the endless road.

Seriously? At night even? Not even in the realms of possibilty

Two two-ton vehicles traveling on that driveway between the times of 9 15 p.m. and 9 45 pm would somehow each leave their mark. For 15 years the FBI only sought one vehicle and finally got their break when that driver came forward.

Two two-ton vehicles traveling on that driveway between the times of 9 15 p.m. and 9 45 pm would somehow each leave their mark. For 15 years the FBI only sought one vehicle and finally got their break when that driver came forward.

Yes, the FBI sought one vehicle. Interestingly enough….they never went public with the search for that vehicle…...

Yes, the FBI sought one vehicle. Interestingly enough….they never went public with the search for that vehicle…...

People knew that they were looking for a vehicle. What info did they have about the vehicle? Do you mean what DR told them?

Did the FBI not believe him right away? Or why do you think the FBI did not give out the info from DR?

With the sloppy police work, IMO anything is possible.

They talked about so many other cars. This does not imply sloppy police work at all.

But what does it mean?

People knew that they were looking for a vehicle. What info did they have about the vehicle? Do you mean what DR told them?

Did the FBI not believe him right away? Or why do you think the FBI did not give out the info from DR?

I don't know - I just think it's really interesting that they didn't go public with that car. I can see why they would retain some of the information that would be specific knowledge that only the perp would know. But, they publicly asked for information about all sorts of cars - but the only mention, before 2004, of a car turning around in the driveway was the October 24th quote in the St. Cloud Times by DR.

We know that detectives were looking for the car - but they never asked for the public's help in identifying it. I believe it's because they were suspicious of DR from the beginning.

One other thing - it's often mentioned on here the LE didn't search the DR buildings the night of the abduction. We only have DR's word on that. Yeah, they came and searched the place 6 days later. But that doesn't mean they didn't search that night and the next day as well. It would have been ridiculous if they had not searched.

Kyron Horman was missing and they asked people to search their properties. I think it is possible DR was considered to be golden for awhile

When I think about, DR being condescending and snide about LE is mind blowing. A child is missing and he has to make derogatory remarks about LE. Rather than showing empathy for the family, he has to be in a contest with LE. He has to show he is smarter.

The public deserves a detailed analysis of all things crime scene in this case. This means clearly showing and telling us all evidence of jacob and the perpetrators footprints on the driveway. Who is the man that handled the footprints at the scene? lets get an interview.

The public deserves a detailed analysis of all things crime scene in this case. This means clearly showing and telling us all evidence of jacob and the perpetrators footprints on the driveway. Who is the man that handled the footprints at the scene? lets get an interview.

I agree. I'm looking forward to "The Hunt with John Walsh" episode on CNN for this case. It will be interesting to see if they were able to get access to some new information (new to the public).

Thinking about who knew what when got me to thinking of ways somebody could know that they were leaving for tom thumb, when they were leaving, why they were going (to account for how long of set up time they had).

This is assuming that the noise heard on the way there was the perp.

Does anyone know if the Wetterling family had a cordless phone and if so, if that was the phone used? Conversations made on cordless phones were easy to listen into. All one needed was a scanner, or another receiver on the same band wave. I know when I was a child we sometimes accidentally picked up on our neighbor's conversations. They would be none the wiser that anyone else was listening.

So if someone was listening in for conversations and learned their itinerary they would have ample time to get in place and know roughly when and where they were going. Also, he or she would know who Jacob was based on the voice. (A possible reason for asking their ages).

IDK what do you think? Was this discussed before. I searched but didn't find.

Thinking about who knew what when got me to thinking of ways somebody could know that they were leaving for tom thumb, when they were leaving, why they were going (to account for how long of set up time they had).

This is assuming that the noise heard on the way there was the perp.

Does anyone know if the Wetterling family had a cordless phone and if so, if that was the phone used? Conversations made on cordless phones were easy to listen into. All one needed was a scanner, or another receiver on the same band wave. I know when I was a child we sometimes accidentally picked up on our neighbor's conversations. They would be none the wiser that anyone else was listening.

So if someone was listening in for conversations and learned their itinerary they would have ample time to get in place and know roughly when and where they were going. Also, he or she would know who Jacob was based on the voice. (A possible reason for asking their ages).

IDK what do you think? Was this discussed before. I searched but didn't find.

What is the range of those conversations on a cordless phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734