MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need some technical expertise on this.

Hills, trees, buildings, all impact the ability of a signal. Those kinds of things totally stop a signal

We had one then. But it doesn't matter how popular they were, only if they had one. The devices at the time could be picked up on scanners.

Sent from my LG inverter DirectDrive using power scrub

I think we had a cordless phone back then.

The question is how far the signal could go. It does not matter if it can be picked up by a scanner if there are things that stop the signal. Hence, the need for expertise.

We were looking into having the signal from a wireless modem to be extended which includes an antennae on the roof. Talking to experts and looking at a google earth map, they said it could not go more than a few feet because of buildings, trees, and hills.

I would think it is the same for a cordless phone.

There is a chart in this article which shows the distance.

I find it pretty unlikely that anyone heard anything. From the party direction, the distance was too far of a drive if someone overheard the parent's calls

http://www.ebay.com/gds/What-Is-the...MHz-Cordless-Phones-/10000000177628888/g.html

What? They only needed to be near the Wetterling house to pick up the conversation. Depending on environmental factors and the physical properties of the scanner the person may have been able to hear from a distance of in front of the house to as much as a half-mile away (WIKIPEDIA).

So what if our perp had a portable scanner in their car and just so happened to be in the area at the time, heard the calls come through as he or she was driving by and then knew where to be. The scanners at the time could also pick up the police channels too so he or she could know when the police call came through.

The person probably was in and out of the area so quickly that he or she had an alibi because nobody would figure they could do all that in the time frame assumed to be required.

Although, this is all moot if the Wetterlings didn't have a cordless phone.

What? They only needed to be near the Wetterling house to pick up the conversation. Depending on environmental factors and the physical properties of the scanner the person may have been able to hear from a distance of in front of the house to as much as a half-mile away (WIKIPEDIA).

So what if our perp had a portable scanner in their car and just so happened to be in the area at the time, heard the calls come through as he or she was driving by and then knew where to be. The scanners at the time could also pick up the police channels too so he or she could know when the police call came through.

The person probably was in and out of the area so quickly that he or she had an alibi because nobody would figure they could do all that in the time frame assumed to be required.

Very unlikely. A half mile from the wetterlings is DRs mailbox, other then that its woods and field around their house.

I think a look at the map would show the cul de sac and the difficulty in getting that scenario.

If you look at the other info re the cordless phone, esp the UK one and the eBay one, they show the incredibly limited distance of the frequency of the phone.

A half mile as the crow flies or on the road? Do you have documentation to back up your statement?

Very unlikely. A half mile from the wetterlings is DRs mailbox, other then that its woods and field around their house.

That can't be 100% confirmed, unless you have the transcript from him being interviewed the day after. Dan has noted in his interviews with Joy that he told a reporter the following day about two cars he saw that day, though they only reported on the one.

With regards to the barking "dogs" there is only one confirmed report of a dog barking and that is the Rassier farm dog. Unless you have documentation that additional dogs were barking from the police report, you're statement of "dogs barking" isn't verifiable.

There is also conflicting reports that sirens were ablaze that evening as well. So, calling Dan there means you're accusing others of lying as well.

Where is the documented proof that Dan was working on the record collection at the time of the abduction? I've only found reports that he was working on the collection earlier in the evening.

When Dan was first interviewed, he told LE that he only saw one car turn around in his driveway. After Kevin admitted he had been at the scene, THEN Dan changed his story and said he saw two cars. See Websleuth's first thread on Jacob for links.

Dan has told quite a few lies. Another lie is that Dan told police that he was sleeping during the abduction and beginning of the search (through the helicopters, sirens, and barking dogs), but other times he has stated that he was organizing his record collection. In addition to these inconsistencies, he also stated that he was awake during this time and ran to the side of the house to look out the window at the car turning around in his driveway.

Dan could not have been asleep AND awake at the time of Jacob's abduction. If he was asleep or upstairs running to the window, he couldn't have been downstairs organizing his record collection. Which statement should be believed? I don't think any should be believed.

Agree 100%
Lest we forget that the tire tracks were "througly checked out" by LE and guess what?

It took "Kevin" coming forward 15+years later by happenstance for LE to "find" him.

The faith in LE in this case confounds me

And any other individuals who happened upon Tom Thumb while they were in there.

The key word in your statement is "assumption". Not "fact". You're simply assuming that LE vetted the pizza guy but you have nothing to back that up. And, the LAST person besides Trevor + Aaron that we know of to have seen Jacob alive would be the clerk who worked at the Tom Thumb who rented the video and sold candy to Jacob, Trevor and Aaron.(I don't count the perp as the last person for obvious reasons)

Perhaps you would feel the same way if your elderly parents were physically restrained from their own property. Not mind blowing at all to defend your parents, more like compassionate.

When I think about, DR being condescending and snide about LE is mind blowing. A child is missing and he has to make derogatory remarks about LE. Rather than showing empathy for the family, he has to be in a contest with LE. He has to show he is smarter.

Perhaps you would feel the same way if your elderly parents were physically restrained from their own property. Not mind blowing at all to defend your parents, more like compassionate.

I don't think they were physically restrained in the reports that DR was giving in 2004.

I have to admit that the whole thing with LK and the others was very low on my radar. I basically blew it off - but after looking into that whole thing, reading through transcripts of the tapes, etc - I gotta say that LK has moved up my list to #2.

On a related note, at one time my opinion on DAH was less than 5%. Now I'll say it's less than 1%.

Again, JMO, but based on a lot of research and study.

I have to admit that the whole thing with LK and the others was very low on my radar. I basically blew it off - but after looking into that whole thing, reading through transcripts of the tapes, etc - I gotta say that LK has moved up my list to #2.

On a related note, at one time my opinion on DAH was less than 5%. Now I'll say it's less than 1%.

Again, JMO, but based on a lot of research and study.

Why do you think LE would not choose LK and cohorts over DR? And I mean the latest ones that were involved in getting the search warrants for the 2010 dig. They certainly have nothing to do with LK or the Bahner's.

Why not go with those that have unsavory criminal records instead of an upstanding citizen.

And any other individuals who happened upon Tom Thumb while they were in there.

Now this is a good one. What you are suggesting is that somebody saw the boys either approach the store or saw them in the store, he then in the pitch black of dark drives a mile or so to the Rassiers driveway and either backs into the driveway or pulls forward into the driveway, puts on his costume, ditches his vehicle and waits on a side of the hill that he can't see if they're coming or not. Then he also somehow knows the area referencing to woods in the distance. but when you come back to what le has told us, most likely all vehicles on the driveway have been accounted for, and also the boys never seeing or hearing one in the first place, it hereby makes that scenario very difficult to believe.

Sent via tap 2 talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member