MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think LE would not choose LK and cohorts over DR? And I mean the latest ones that were involved in getting the search warrants for the 2010 dig. They certainly have nothing to do with LK or the Bahner's.

Why not go with those that have unsavory criminal records instead of an upstanding citizen.

It happened to DR 21 years after the abduction and almost took his career from him. To me, it's an answer.

I have to admit that the whole thing with LK and the others was very low on my radar. I basically blew it off - but after looking into that whole thing, reading through transcripts of the tapes, etc - I gotta say that LK has moved up my list to #2.

On a related note, at one time my opinion on DAH was less than 5%. Now I'll say it's less than 1%.

Again, JMO, but based on a lot of research and study.

Can you elaborate on specifics about LK and the tapes that has tapped your interest? It's certainly an interesting piece in this mystery.

I disagree. The phones reception doesn't take turns around corners on roads. It's a valid question especially when referencing the phone's distance capabilities of reaching the Rassier driveway. If the poster is going to state that it's 1/2 mile to DR's driveway I want to know if that's in a straight line or if it's by road. There are 3 roads a traveler would need to take in order to reach DR's house from the Wetterling household.

This is ABSOLUTELY a relevant question that needs factual backing. There are many, many other posts on this forum that would fall into the "wasting space" category.

Is this really necessary?? Calling out a bold and unfounded statement is one thing, but questioning a basic reference to distance is over the top. It's a great way to lose respect while wasting space in this forum.

I disagree. The phones reception doesn't take turns around corners on roads. It's a valid question especially when referencing the phone's distance capabilities of reaching the Rassier driveway. If the poster is going to state that it's 1/2 mile to DR's driveway I want to know if that's in a straight line or if it's by road. There are 3 roads a traveler would need to take in order to reach DR's house from the Wetterling household.

This is ABSOLUTELY a relevant question that needs factual backing. There are many, many other posts on this forum that would fall into the "wasting space" category.

Google earth and maps are a great tool. They will provide you with the answers and specifications you need for your issues

Google maps and Earth do not calculate an exact distance in a straight line. Shouldn't it be on the poster who noted "1/2 mile to DR's driveway" to back up their facts?

Google earth and maps are a great tool. They will provide you with the answers and specifications you need for your issues

Let's look at the fact that Joy has noted that twice around the time Jacob was abducted that two kids were followed by a vehicle after leaving the TOM THUMB. There is documented history of a vehicle following kids from the Tom Thumb. Why would it be a stretch of the imagination for someone to see kids come into a the gas station and than get in their car and park in the spot they know they would be passing by. This is completely logical considering the fact that this child lived on 91st Ave and these incidents happened just before Jacob was abducted and I believe this scenario is absolutely plausible. Please clarify why you don't think this holds water?

Now this is a good one. What you are suggesting is that somebody saw the boys either approach the store or saw them in the store, he then in the pitch black of dark drives a mile or so to the Rassiers driveway and either backs into the driveway or pulls forward into the driveway, puts on his costume, ditches his vehicle and waits on a side of the hill that he can't see if they're coming or not. Then he also somehow knows the area referencing to woods in the distance. but when you come back to what le has told us, most likely all vehicles on the driveway have been accounted for, and also the boys never seeing or hearing one in the first place, it hereby makes that scenario very difficult to believe.

Sent via tap 2 talk

Google maps and Earth do not calculate an exact distance in a straight line. Shouldn't it be on the poster who noted "1/2 mile to DR's driveway" to back up their facts?

I think you will find Google maps very useful. The poster stated his position. I believe it.

If someone doesn't, then I guess they have to have a different set of facts to show.

Let's look at the fact that Joy has noted that twice around the time Jacob was abducted that two kids were followed by a vehicle after leaving the TOM THUMB. There is documented history of a vehicle following kids from the Tom Thumb. Why would it be a stretch of the imagination for someone to see kids come into a the gas station and than get in their car and park in the spot they know they would be passing by. This is completely logical considering the fact that this child lived on 91st Ave and these incidents happened just before Jacob was abducted and I believe this scenario is absolutely plausible. Please clarify why you don't think this holds water?

I think that the kids who stated their experiences strain credulity, IMHO

Now this is a good one. What you are suggesting is that somebody saw the boys either approach the store or saw them in the store, he then in the pitch black of dark drives a mile or so to the Rassiers driveway and either backs into the driveway or pulls forward into the driveway, puts on his costume, ditches his vehicle and waits on a side of the hill that he can't see if they're coming or not. Then he also somehow knows the area referencing to woods in the distance. but when you come back to what le has told us, most likely all vehicles on the driveway have been accounted for, and also the boys never seeing or hearing one in the first place, it hereby makes that scenario very difficult to believe.

Sent via tap 2 talk

I think it's a reasonable possibility. In fact I would say it's more likely the perpetrator saw them by or at the Tom Thumb, than a person being down by the Rassier driveway and seeing the boys there.

I think it's a reasonable possibility. In fact I would say it's more likely the perpetrator saw them by or at the Tom Thumb, than a person being down by the Rassier driveway and seeing the boys there.

It used to be a reasonable possibility, before 2003.

Could you please verify why you are of this belief? Do you know the kids personally? Is it because it was reported on Joy's blog? It appears any reports contradicting the fact that DR abducted Jacob aren't relevant. I don't know how one can have a valid conversation/debate when everything is dismissed because it doesn't paint DR as the perp.......

I think that the kids who stated their experiences strain credulity, IMHO

If it's not a reasonable possibility please provide the information that show's why Jacob's last footprints do not have accompanying footprints from the perpetrator. Once that is provided we can fully dismiss the fact that LE may have missed a vehicle.

It used to be a reasonable possibility, before 2003.

I'm very confused. I've searched the forums and on countless occasions you reference Joy's blog as documentation. For instance, on thread #5, post #460, your asking for someone to help identify someone Joy has noted in her blog. And on thread #5, post #570 you reply to cGorg for his "great synopsis" when he is using a timeline posted on Joy's blog. This info was pulled directly from Joy's blog and you give the poster credit when the data was provided by Joy. Forgive me, as I'm trying to assess why at times you've referenced Joy's blog as fact and when I reference Joy's blog you're needing another source? Is it because Joy's findings don't cooperate with your beliefs? Thanks for addressing and clarifying this.

BBM

I think part of the reason a lot of posters here have issues with Joy is that she basically steals things (such as the timeline) from Websleuths and claims as her own. IMO

Here is the video from the Current Affair from October 1989. Has this been linked here before?

[video=youtube;DCOn-vDVP-U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCOn-vDVP-U[/video]

It's a disservice to Jacob and the Wetterlings to get caught up in pettiness such as who gets credit for what. The focus should stay on finding Jacob. That's why we're here.

I agree. My timeline was created from info from this thread, Joy's blog, and elsewhere to show a simple understandable sequence of events.

The info is not original to me and frankly I couldn't care less about the credit....it's the info that's important.

If it's not a reasonable possibility please provide the information that show's why Jacob's last footprints do not have accompanying footprints from the perpetrator. Once that is provided we can fully dismiss the fact that LE may have missed a vehicle.

So the perp hovered over the driveway and did not leave any prints while he was taking Jacob away is it 140 feet down the driveway?

for 15 years the only logical explanation was that Jacob was taken in a vehicle that had left its tire tracks on the driveway. during all this time we all knew that if we could find this vehicle, we could find Jacob. we found it, we completed the theory that Jacob was taking by a stranger in a vehicle. but unfortunately this would turn out to be a.very good tip rather then a resolution. to now add another vehicle after 15 years contradicts everything leading up to this point and also has not a trace of evidence to back it up.

Sent via tap 2 talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member