MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was a perp print wouldn't LE have released the shoe size and print pattern? Also, wouldn't this have been a smoking gun as to whether or not DR was the perp? Clearly he wasn't listed as a POI until after Kevin came forward, hence if there were ever prints of the perp at the scene they did not correspond with DR's footsize. And if LE does have perp prints, why wouldn't they have released the shoe brand and size to ask the public for help, especially right after the abduction?

IMO, the only other footprints on the driveway were DR's, which did not raise any flags with LE since he lived there and they were going with the theory a car was involved. Once a car was ruled out, DR was named POI because of this very reason....again IMO.

A couple of questions on Jacob's footprints on the driveway:

1) Has it been determined where exactly his tracks were located on the driveway? Were the tracks on the north side of the driveway, middle or south?
sxbskm.jpg

Image found on Websleuths

2) Is it a general consensus that Jacob was shuffling his feet here?
ixy3x3.jpg

http://saintautumn.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/footprints.jpg

3) Has it ever been discussed that two perps could have abducted Jacob? One driving the vehicle parked in the Rassier driveway and another who ordered Jacob along the driveway pointing a gun? This would explain why no perp footprints have been disclosed or shown appearing on the driveway.

4) Based on the images gathered by Shergal, it appears Jacob walked down the middle of the driveway, but I would like to know this as fact. On the #6 slide would the top print be Jacob's final print turning left? And I would assume that the tire tracks would possibly have been Kevin's where he accidentally drove over the crime scene, correct?
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/sh...fd-4bdd-a181-9fb30b8cd9ad.jpg.html?sort=4&o=5

If the above image in #6 slide is in fact Jacob's last print I'm 100% in belief that he entered a vehicle. And w/o a single copy of a perps footprint I surmise this was done by two individuals, a driver and the perp who held them a gunpoint.

Based on the photo's submitted by Shergal it visually appears that Jacob's last print was turning towards the center of the driveway, while walking just south of the center of the driveway. So, the vehicle would have been parked in a similar fashion to the flow of traffic, towards the north side of the driveway. After marching Jacob into the vehicle and staying in the weeds/grass the whole time, I believe the perp walked or ran back to the tar to enter the vehicle, hence leaving no visual trace or prints.

If there was a perp print wouldn't LE have released the shoe size and print pattern? Also, wouldn't this have been a smoking gun as to whether or not DR was the perp? Clearly he wasn't listed as a POI until after Kevin came forward, hence if there were ever prints of the perp at the scene they did not correspond with DR's footsize. And if LE does have perp prints, why wouldn't they have released the shoe brand and size to ask the public for help, especially right after the abduction?

Regardless of all of this, the lack of a perp footprints, to me, is glaring evidence that Jacob left in a vehicle. The Steven Stayner case is a strong candidate in showing how this could have been pulled off by multiple culprits. All IMO of course.

1. Steven Stayner-- multiple perps?? One of the saddest cases ever because of the effects on everyone.

2. Where are the other tire tracks? If Kevin eliminated the idea of more cars, then where are those additional tracks?

3. Perhaps DR's foot size does match.
Would it help the public to know that the perp was wearing Nikes or Adidas, color unknown, for instance? It does seem odd that no info about the perp prints is out there

FindTim

Do you believe the perpetrator backed his vehicle that far into the driveway or did he pull in forward and eventually turn around in the building site and leave?

And the tire tracks are.......???????

Kevin perfectly drove over them which left no trace of another vehicle, or LE has chosen to keep it withheld fom the public for 25 years.

Yup. Either one makes perfect sense.

Unreal how the FBI, BCA, and Stearns County are all in this together!

I do not believe LE adequately secured the property and evidence. Remember, this is the same Sheriff's Dept who arrested Ryan Larson on suspicion of murder and were proven to be dead wrong.

Four Wheelers, horses, people on foot, police cruisers, and DR's own car all contributed to the demise of the driveway evidence.

FindTim

Do you believe the perpetrator backed his vehicle that far into the driveway or did he pull in forward and eventually turn around in the building site and leave?

That and the evidence they are continually testing I would assume.

Rassier noted on Joy's blog that he "ran" up the driveway after his afternoon run. I would guess that his stride length would either help or hurt as evidence.

IMO, the only other footprints on the driveway were DR's, which did not raise any flags with LE since he lived there and they were going with the theory a car was involved. Once a car was ruled out, DR was named POI because of this very reason....again IMO.

1) Are you not familiar with the case? Stayner was lured in by Ervin Murphy. Yes, multiple perps.

2) I don't believe LE accounted for all cars. This department has been wrong before and I'm not counting out that they failed here as well.

3) If DR's prints matched he would have been arrested already. That would have been the smoking gun they needed. I've never seen a case where a perps footprint wasn't disclosed to the public. It's a very key piece of evidence and one that the public can help with.

1. Steven Stayner-- multiple perps?? One of the saddest cases ever because of the effects on everyone.

2. Where are the other tire tracks? If Kevin eliminated the idea of more cars, then where are those additional tracks?

3. Perhaps DR's foot size does match.
Would it help the public to know that the perp was wearing Nikes or Adidas, color unknown, for instance? It does seem odd that no info about the perp prints is out there

1) Are you not familiar with the case? Stayner was lured in by Ervin Murphy. Yes, multiple perps.

2) I don't believe LE accounted for all cars. This department has been wrong before and I'm not counting out that they failed here as well.

3) If DR's prints matched he would have been arrested already. That would have been the smoking gun they needed. I've never seen a case where a perps footprint wasn't disclosed to the public. It's a very key piece of evidence and one that the public can help with.

Just having his footprints alone could not convict but may give more logic to his POI status.

I do not believe LE adequately secured the property and evidence. Remember, this is the same Sheriff's Dept who arrested Ryan Larson on suspicion of murder and were proven to be dead wrong.

Four Wheelers, horses, people on foot, police cruisers, and DR's own car all contributed to the demise of the driveway evidence.

There have been people that have come and gone with the Sheriff's department.

Are you saying that the FBI and BCA are incompetent as well?

It's my belief the scene was compromised before those agencies arrived. Remember, there was an intense search throughout the night until 3am which included 35 officers and fire fighters. Is every single print from all those individuals accounted for? Doubtful.

And here was the initial description released by the FBI. Note: none of the parameters except "white man" and "25-35" fit the narrative of DR.

Timeline of events: Oct. 24, 1989: An FBI expert in psychological profiles flies in from Washington, D.C., to join about 14 other investigators. The FBI profile describes the abductor as a white man, 25-35 years old, employed in a low-skilled job with a low self-image probably stemming from a physical deformity such as acne or scars

There have been people that have come and gone with the Sheriff's department.

Are you saying that the FBI and BCA are incompetent as well?

It's enough to make an arrest and warrant an interrogation. I never said anything about a conviction, those are your words.

Just having his footprints alone could not convict but may give more logic to his POI status.

address the post not the post-er! please! all this you you you you stuff has got to go. If you have an issue with post content address the content and not the member posting that said content.

A couple of questions on Jacob's footprints on the driveway:

1) Has it been determined where exactly his tracks were located on the driveway? Were the tracks on the north side of the driveway, middle or south?

2) Is it a general consensus that Jacob was shuffling his feet here?

3) Has it ever been discussed that two perps could have abducted Jacob? One driving the vehicle parked in the Rassier driveway and another who ordered Jacob along the driveway pointing a gun? This would explain why no perp footprints have been disclosed or shown appearing on the driveway.

4) Based on the images gathered by Shergal, it appears Jacob walked down the middle of the driveway, but I would like to know this as fact. On the #6 slide would the top print be Jacob's final print turning left? And I would assume that the tire tracks would possibly have been Kevin's where he accidentally drove over the crime scene, correct?

If the above image in #6 slide is in fact Jacob's last print I'm 100% in belief that he entered a vehicle. And w/o a single copy of a perps footprint I surmise this was done by two individuals, a driver and the perp who held them a gunpoint.

Based on the photo's submitted by Shergal it visually appears that Jacob's last print was turning towards the center of the driveway, while walking just south of the center of the driveway. So, the vehicle would have been parked in a similar fashion to the flow of traffic, towards the north side of the driveway. After marching Jacob into the vehicle and staying in the weeds/grass the whole time, I believe the perp walked or ran back to the tar to enter the vehicle, hence leaving no visual trace or prints.

Regardless of all of this, the lack of a perp footprints, to me, is glaring evidence that Jacob left in a vehicle. The Steven Stayner case is a strong candidate in showing how this could have been pulled off by multiple culprits. All IMO of course.

All those footprint photos on my photobucket are screen grabs from the last video on this page, if you wish to review them further in context. (There is one large video at the top, and 3 smaller videos below that, and it is the 4th or last video on the page - with the faded picture of Jacob.)
http://www.kare11.com/story/news/cr...ors-take-fresh-look-at-similar-cases/9064905/

Here is another photo of the two detectives walking East down Rassier's driveway. The tire track and footprints between them appear to be on the south side of the driveway. Hopefully that helps determine where the tracks were located. I believe that is Steve Mund (who took the casts) in the center of the driveway, and the other detective is on the grass. The tape is behind them near 91st.

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/walkdriveway.jpg.html?sort=4&o=30

One change in the above comment that I have bolded:
"Clearly he wasn't listed as a POI until after Kevin came forward"
Kevin came forward in 2003/04. DR was not named as a POI until July, 2010 AFTER LE searched inside his house and the outbuildings and burn pit on his property.

I do not understand the contaminating the scene with ATV's, etc.

There was crime scene tape up and DR did cross it.

But, I doubt that media was in there taking pictures.

How long is a crime scene secured? Hours?Days? weeks?

Probably after the evidence is taken, they release it.

So all of these pics by media were much later, IMO

LE will answer one day for DR being poi, they have to. Until then we just have to be patient. "The Hunt" with our good friend John Walsh should be premiering the show by September. I suggest we all take a breather on the case for now and wait for the results to come in.

That shot really gives you an idea of just how much elevation change is on the property. Is that the TOP of the telephone pole to the right of the detective in the grass? If so, it must be a rather steep drop town to the farm. And if that's the case, I would think it would be rather easy to conceal a car.

Here is another photo of the two detectives walking East down Rassier's driveway. The tire track and footprints between them appear to be on the south side of the driveway. Hopefully that helps determine where the tracks were located. I believe that is Steve Mund (who took the casts) in the center of the driveway, and the other detective is on the grass. The tape is behind them near 91st.

I hope this does not disappear as so many children have on here.

Kyron has only been missing four years and there are hardly any posts anymore about him.

Jacob may have not rocked the nation like the Kennedy assassination, but he sure affected Minnesota.

The Wetterlings continue to devote time and energy to changing lives for the better.

Maybe children are being raised to understand that their molestation has nothing to do with them. It is the sick sick individual that is responsible, not the child.

The internet has increased the crimes, I feel. I saw an investigator on Oprah who said the worst one he saw was with an infant that still had remnants of the umbilical cord.

What is the cause of this madness? Some people say it is the lack of religion in schools.

How many priests and other clergy have we seen that have done the most ugly of crimes?

My relative that worked at Moose Lake said that it wasn't so much being sexually abused themselves, but rather growing up with emotional abuse.

Shame is behind lots of issues .

That shot really gives you an idea of just how much elevation change is on the property. Is that the TOP of the telephone pole to the right of the detective in the grass? If so, it must be a rather steep drop town to the farm. And if that's the case, I would think it would be rather easy to conceal a car.

It has been brought up several times that DR may have had company that evening.

Different people have been brought up including priests from St. John's.

Seems reasonable considering that he works at St. John's, the family has generations of interaction with the college, and there are plenty of priests who have shown themselves to be molesters.

There is even the one who flew planes that was discussed on here and may be the source of the aerial photos of the farm provided by DR.

No thanks on the speculation. Unless you have confirmed proof that DR had a known pedophile flying over his farm or company that evening I'm not interested. I'm done listening and responding to speculation.

Again, the descent down seems rather steep based on the pics provided. I wish Google Earth had a topography element LOL

It has been brought up several times that DR may have had company that evening.

Different people have been brought up including priests from St. John's.

Seems reasonable considering that he works at St. John's, the family has generations of interaction with the college, and there are plenty of priests who have shown themselves to be molesters.

There is even the one who flew planes that was discussed on here and may be the source of the aerial photos of the farm provided by DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay