MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You've posted this numerous times though it doesn't line up with Kevin's story. He has stated he went all the way up the driveway, whereas the police were looking at tracks at THE END of the driveway. If they were the same tracks wouldn't they have noted that they went up and around the loop?

In 2003 a 'landmark discovery' in the case happened in accounting for the suspicious tire track. Six years later they would come at DR with a vengence in the 3rd search of his farm. The results from this one would elevate him to a POI in the now 25 year old case.

You can't confirm that. Have you interviewed DR personally from 1989 to present? If you're so confident that DR has changed his versions of the story than the onus is on you to show live, uncut interviews of DR that the press has not edited.

And that person has had several versions of what went on that night.

You can't confirm that. Have you interviewed DR personally from 1989 to present? If you're so confident that DR has changed his versions of the story than the onus is on you to show live, uncut interviews of DR that the press has not edited.
Likewise, do you have footage of LE on the night of the abduction to show they did not search DR's "homestead"?

I am curious then why some posters claim it was based on nothing.

Do they have information that they know and basically no one else knows?

I'm curious to know why DR is a POI, based on nothing, at least, nothing the public knows. Or, is DR a POI because there are no other suspects.

However, note the focus of the investigation now appears to be on relating other are abductions, perhaps away from DR.

I'm curious to know why DR is a POI, based on nothing, at least, nothing the public knows. Or, is DR a POI because there are no other suspects.

However, note the focus of the investigation now appears to be on relating other are abductions, perhaps away from DR.

"is DR a POI because there are no other suspects."

No other suspects? there is a page full of suspects in the case facts.

"However, note the focus of the investigation now appears to be on relating other are abductions, perhaps away from DR."

This is a good point and one I don't understand fully yet. I'm thinking they're just going back and covering all bases to the best of their ability while they wait for new developments. Imo they were able to clear the Hubers completely by doing this.

Can I geek out and admit something potentially quite embarrassing?
I've seen people on this board conduct various recreations with tires and sand and dirt and even cordless phones, but not with pantyhose.
Like many, I've seen this disguise in the movies (usually in the context of bank robbery), so I was curious: how much do a pair of black pantyhose truly mask your appearance?
In the privacy of my home (and ok- after a glass of wine ;) I tried it. I even threw on a large dark overcoat for the full effect.
My observations:
1. Wow it's hard to see out of pantyhose. Granted I tried out the least forgiving kind -opaque/noir, but I can't imagine trying to see in the dark with very dark pantyhose over your head.
2. I was surprised how much of my facial structure you COULD see (I took a selfie, because as per #1...I could not see very well). My nose, neck, and jawline remained incredibly distinct
3. Even with the addition of a bulky overcoat, some of my most basic physical features were recognizable

So what does my little experiment conclude? (aside from the fact I'm overly curious if a little nutty?)

IMO even though I was "disguised" if I'd come upon anyone who might recognize me sans pantyhose, they'd have recognized me WITH the hose on my head.
Therefore, imo- given DR's presence on camera in media interviews, I have a hard time believing Trevor or Aaron wouldn't recognize him. (I suppose there's the slight possibility that they did somehow say they recognize DR as the potential perp and we've just not heard that info, but I doubt it)
And of course this isn't to say that DR didn't have a hand in the abduction, willingly or otherwise (e.g. what if the travel agent who booked his parents' trip to Europe did it...)...but I have a hard time believing DR wouldn't be recognizable to the boys even with pantyhose over his head.

Can I geek out and admit something potentially quite embarrassing?
I've seen people on this board conduct various recreations with tires and sand and dirt and even cordless phones, but not with pantyhose.
Like many, I've seen this disguise in the movies (usually in the context of bank robbery), so I was curious: how much do a pair of black pantyhose truly mask your appearance?
In the privacy of my home (and ok- after a glass of wine ;) I tried it. I even threw on a large dark overcoat for the full effect.
My observations:
1. Wow it's hard to see out of pantyhose. Granted I tried out the least forgiving kind -opaque/noir, but I can't imagine trying to see in the dark with very dark pantyhose over your head.
2. I was surprised how much of my facial structure you COULD see (I took a selfie, because as per #1...I could not see very well). My nose, neck, and jawline remained incredibly distinct
3. Even with the addition of a bulky overcoat, some of my most basic physical features were recognizable

So what does my little experiment conclude? (aside from the fact I'm overly curious if a little nutty?)

IMO even though I was "disguised" if I'd come upon anyone who might recognize me sans pantyhose, they'd have recognized me WITH the hose on my head.
Therefore, imo- given DR's presence on camera in media interviews, I have a hard time believing Trevor or Aaron wouldn't recognize him. (I suppose there's the slight possibility that they did somehow say they recognize DR as the potential perp and we've just not heard that info, but I doubt it)
And of course this isn't to say that DR didn't have a hand in the abduction, willingly or otherwise (e.g. what if the travel agent who booked his parents' trip to Europe did it...)...but I have a hard time believing DR wouldn't be recognizable to the boys even with pantyhose over his head.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha thank you for the first deep laugh of the day! Would you post the selfie for us to dissect its options?

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha thank you for the first deep laugh of the day! Would you post the selfie for us to dissect its options?

Ha. You're welcome. Heavens no, I won't be posting the photo...but you're welcome to recreate this effect yourself for as little as $2...perhaps even available at your local Tom Thumb store...

...and by my own conclusions...posting a pic of me with pantyhose over my head would likely make me recognizable! My family, friends, and colleagues would never let me hear the end of it...

That is interesting, but the features flatten, so I do not understand the ability to recognize anyone.

I have not had a pair of pantyhose for over 50 years and I pray I never see those insane torture items. Ugh

That is interesting, but the features flatten, so I do not understand the ability to recognize anyone.

I have not had a pair of pantyhose for over 50 years and I pray I never see those insane torture items. Ugh

If they pointed the flashlight at him he most likely turned or put his hand up until it was off. A matter of seconds happening there.

I would've agreed with you pre-experiment, but what I realized is that you can't flatten bone. Again, my nose and jaw and the outline of my forehead were very distinct (maybe I'm boney-er?)
Indeed my ears were flattened (and normally my hair covers them) but you could still very much see their shape and outline, even if they were pulled in a bit as they're cartilage, not bone.

Try it! I don't know if it's just me...

On a side note- I encourage you to try pantyhose again...they've come a long way! and work better than bug spray this time of year ;)

Aaargh. heat and pantyhose!

Reminds me of the bone corsets women used to wear. They had blood on them from digging into the body.
Be comfortable. And ties for men. Silly.

The flesh is flattened with pantyhose. Not bone. So plenty of flesh to be changed IMHO.

Well. One thing I can say for sure- it was VERY hard to see (out of my dark pantyhose). By all accounts it was hard to see that night to begin with, because it was so dark, so IMO it was VERY hard for the perp to see during his encounter with the boys.
This leads me to believe the perp may have been looking for Jacob specifically and was stalling in order to identify him by asking for their names while he made out their faces...

And please- as a PSA- if you accept this pantyhose challenge/experiment - warn your significant other/roommate/animals and close the curtains. I don't wan't anyone mistakenly shot or stabbed or hauled off to jail in an experiment gone wrong!!!

Thank you Caoutchouc for doing the pantyhose covering face experiment! Question: judging from your evaluation of how you looked with the hose covering your face, do you think someone seeing you at close range might be able to pick you out from a series of other faces? If I get motivated later on, I might have to have a glass of wine and check it out too.

I would've agreed with you pre-experiment, but what I realized is that you can't flatten bone. Again, my nose and jaw and the outline of my forehead were very distinct (maybe I'm boney-er?)
Indeed my ears were flattened (and normally my hair covers them) but you could still very much see their shape and outline, even if they were pulled in a bit as they're cartilage, not bone.

Try it! I don't know if it's just me...

On a side note- I encourage you to try pantyhose again...they've come a long way! and work better than bug spray this time of year ;)

Of course, that's all moot if it was actually a ski mask.

"What kind of a mask did this gunman have over his face?

SHERIFF JOHN SANNER, STEARNS COUNTY: It was described as a dark- colored ski mask."

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1102/28/ng.01.html

Trevor described it as "a nylon looking thing" in the 911 call, and I've seen it described as both black nylons and a dark ski mask.

Shergal, I agree it is moot if it was indeed a ski mask.

However, after recently relistening to the 911 call and rewatching that ID Network 20/20 rebroadcast, I'm operating on the first reports, straight from the witnesses.

Could they have been wrong? Of course. The poor things were terrified. But I think their initial thoughts/words/impressions are the most valuable

Thank you Caoutchouc for doing the pantyhose covering face experiment! Question: judging from your evaluation of how you looked with the hose covering your face, do you think someone seeing you at close range might be able to pick you out from a series of other faces? If I get motivated later on, I might have to have a glass of wine and check it out too.

Oh yes- wine is essential to the success of this experiment ;)
100% I think someone would be able to pick me out of a lineup.

Here's an odd example...a bunch of models, but imagine one is a perp. How would you describe them? Can you recognize or distinguish one form another? I think I can...

http://www.theswellelife.com/swelle_life/2009/01/paper-towel-tuxedos-and-hair-comb-dresses.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l