MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Wyome, DR's stories change quite frequently. When he talked to Joy, he says the journalists took his words out of context, but I don't buy it. At all. You would really watch what you would say to a reporter for a story about a missing child. I think he knows who did it and was trying to deflect away from himself so he didn't have to tell police who did it. Whoever did do it may have some dirt on DR that he is afraid to get out.

Makes sense.

He seems to have some discrepancies on truth when you hear his different versions as well as when you look at his Linked.

He has a guy on there that is a PI who has a very similar name to a sex offender priest.

I wonder if there is anyway to find out the truth on that situation?

Just another truth that DR told within a lie. If he did take Jacob, then Kevin tore up the driveway at about the time that Jacob was getting assaulted or getting set up for same. It was within 15-20 minutes or so from the time of abduction. So he says he saw a car but describes it differently hoping to deflect LE from finding Kevin, his gf and car and their explanation that they were following up on the scanner chatter. If DR says he saw another dark colored car with lights close together, he knows darn well that car is not the same as Kevin's and will keep cops searching for a car instead of for him.
Yes, that all seems speculatively true/possible. However, what DR(assuming he was the abductor) wouldn't know at that moment is that Kevin(by his own testimony) would speak to a cop very soon after exiting DR's driveway. And that cop failed to document that interaction/conversation. Had that cop(whomever he was/is) documented that encounter, then LE would have known who Kevin was AT THAT TIME and what car he was driving on October 22, 1989 INSTEAD of 2003.

The question remains: did DR's statement of witnessing a small dark car with headlights close together occur pre-Kevin or post-Kevin?

I agree Wyome, DR's stories change quite frequently. When he talked to Joy, he says the journalists took his words out of context, but I don't buy it. At all. You would really watch what you would say to a reporter for a story about a missing child. I think he knows who did it and was trying to deflect away from himself so he didn't have to tell police who did it. Whoever did do it may have some dirt on DR that he is afraid to get out.

That seems to be the jest of it.....

Just another truth that DR told within a lie. If he did take Jacob, then Kevin tore up the driveway at about the time that Jacob was getting assaulted or getting set up for same. It was within 15-20 minutes or so from the time of abduction. So he says he saw a car but describes it differently hoping to deflect LE from finding Kevin, his gf and car and their explanation that they were following up on the scanner chatter. If DR says he saw another dark colored car with lights close together, he knows darn well that car is not the same as Kevin's and will keep cops searching for a car instead of for him.
There does remain the question of why Jacob's scent ended 120' from the pavement.

There does remain the question of why Jacob's scent ended 120' from the pavement.

The dog did as good as he could until the tracks took a 90 degree turn across the driveway and towards the woodpile. The other couple footprints you should see crossing the driveway were covered up by kevin driving over that crossing twice. Imo

untitled.png

This picture will show you that from Jacobs last footprint, is also exactly the place one would cross to take the "shortcut" to the house.

Did the dogs track up to the front or back door of the house or any other structure? Did they bring the dogs back in the months/years to come? Forgive me if this has been addressed --

Did the dogs track up to the front or back door of the house or any other structure? Did they bring the dogs back in the months/years to come? Forgive me if this has been addressed --

The only thing I know is the special dogs in 2010 that were cadaver dogs.

I don't think we know what kind of dogs were used in 89. I wonder if dogs were trained as well as they are now

Random wondering: I wonder if the John Walsh show this case will be featured on is going to talk about DR and show photos of him. One would think, but then maybe they will not if it's going to go more like the recent tv coverage with the Hubers and CS and PVC cases. Is it Aug 31? Starting to get curious about what angle they will take. I guess I hope they do name and show the only poi, in the fairest and most enlightening way possible, rather than no mention at all like recent stories.

St. John's Prep has always been pricey.

I wonder what kind of qualifications one would need to be a tutor.

Would one have to have a degree in subject matter or could just anyone be a tutor?

I wonder what the selection process was?

http://www.twincities.com/ci_15424697

7/20/2010 Wetterling investigators at nearby farm for 2nd day

Rassier is an elementary school band teacher and has worked for the Rocori school district since 1978, Superintendent Scott Staska said Thursday.

Staska said Rassier has been in the district for eight years and, during that time, "we've had no complaints" about Rassier. Students call him "Mr. Be-Bop," Staska said.

"You don't get nicknames like that without being well liked by the kids," he said.

Staska said he hasn't been "contacted by anyone in regard to any of the things happening now" with the search and said there is no change to the teacher's employment status.

Rassier also has been an adjunct music professor at the College of St. Benedict and St. John's University since 1997, a spokeswoman said.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_15424697

7/20/2010 Wetterling investigators at nearby farm for 2nd day

Rassier is an elementary school band teacher and has worked for the Rocori school district since 1978, Superintendent Scott Staska said Thursday.

Staska said Rassier has been in the district for eight years and, during that time, "we've had no complaints" about Rassier. Students call him "Mr. Be-Bop," Staska said.

"You don't get nicknames like that without being well liked by the kids," he said.

Staska said he hasn't been "contacted by anyone in regard to any of the things happening now" with the search and said there is no change to the teacher's employment status.

Rassier also has been an adjunct music professor at the College of St. Benedict and St. John's University since 1997, a spokeswoman said.

He has taught there since 1978 and he has been there for 8 years.

Is that one of those questions like two trains leave the station, etc?

So if DR has been working at St. John's and St. Benedict's (albeit part time) since 1997, he has definitely crossed paths with many of the monks. LE appears to believe DR may have acted alone. Question: how far and wide does the FBI cast its net when it is investigating something? Is it too much to hope that they would have delved into the activities at St. John's to search for possible connections and clues? How deeply are they able to search computers and follow trails of websites and perhaps look into "private" chat rooms?

The question "when do you think the full story will be told?" catches him off guard and he looks down and to the left to collect his answer, which is off the wall with how he began the interview.

It's a sickening thought to think that Jacob could have been right there in that house or on that property with police everywhere but where they needed to be to save him ---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leeloocee