MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, it could have been that the kidnapper was looking for the oldest and best looking child to bring back to exploit and use as a child prostitute. That is why he looked at their faces and asked their ages.

Thank you, JBrown!! I find this utterly fascinating -- sincerely appreciate you posting this.

I found this clip from the Reader's digest story "The Boy Who Never Came Home" written by Henry Hurt published in November 1999 about a call from someone from New York who said he was Jacob and he was still alive:

"Several years ago, she [Patty W] popped awake from a chilling dream at exactly 3:11 a.m., according to their bedside clock. In the dream, Patty was at a convention at a hotel. Suddenly Jacob walked up - a mature, handsome young man. "I don't remember the conversation, but I was to follow him into a private room so we could talk," Patty says. "We walked past a stranger who was talking on a pay phone, and somehow I knew that this man was Jacob's abductor. 'Turn around,' I said to him. I wanted to see his face." That's when Patty woke up - at 3:11 a.m.

The next day, Patty had lunch with Robert Lee, the executive director of the Jacob Wetterling Foundation, which she and Jerry created in 1990, to help families of missing children. "Patty casually told me about the dream," says Lee. "She's never put much stock in things like that, but this dream had been unusually vivid. And Patty mentioned that she had woken up at 3:11 in the morning." After lunch, the two went to the foundation office and were greeted by Alma Hansen, who is on the staff. "We had an unusual call on the answering machine last night," Alma said. She then played the message, in which a voice whispered: "This is Jacob Wetterling. I just want you to know I'm still alive." The call, traced to New York, had come in at 3:11 a.m."

This kind of gives credence to Jim R's theory and the story from that he was taken to New York to be pimped out by the mob. The kidnappers would find boys all over the midwest to recruit them to entrap rich gay men into getting into a relationship with them, then bribe the victim for money so they wouldn't expose their illegal "homosexuality" and ruin their careers. A famous entertainer, a congressman and an admiral were all victims. The article only says that most of the "chickens" were runaways or drug users who were "under the thumbs of their pushers and pimps." Few were willing to cooperate and sign statements from the police. The article indicates the police caught one guy with a 14 year old "runaway".

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/...reyed_on_prominent_gay_men_in_the_1960s_.html

That 3:11 call always gives me chills every time I read about it.

There are soooooooooooo many vulnerable children walking around out there who could easily be exploited,

There was and maybe still is the Minnesota connection where runaway kids would be recruited from the Greyhound bus stations.

To look for a child on some empty road at night seems a real stretch.

There was a shelter run by a priest in New York City for runaways. I wrote to him and sent him a poster.

I cannot remember the name of him or it. Now that I know about priests, it seems scary.

Think of Minneapolis alone and how many children are at risk. Think of any city and how many children are at risk.

Easy easy pickings for someone offering cash and " affection".

When I went to the U in Mpls, there used to be boys selling themselves in the West Bank. And that was almost 50 years ago.

In my opinion, it could have been that the kidnapper was looking for the oldest and best looking child to bring back to exploit and use as a child prostitute. That is why he looked at their faces and asked their ages.

This is one of the best "reads" on that portion of the abduction I have seen posted. It makes 100% sense to me. Thank you for posting this.

And if I may, if this was an abduction for child prostitution, a vehicle would have been involved.

This is one of the best "reads" on that portion of the abduction I have seen posted. It makes 100% sense to me. Thank you for posting this.

And if I may, if this was an abduction for child prostitution, a vehicle would have been involved.

The other two children were very attractive as well.

Why not get a child who would be amenable to being abused by being groomed or being offered affection and money instead of a child from a loving intact family who would fight being abused all of the way?

Oh goody. The priest I sent the poster to was kicked out in 1990 due to stealing money and...........soo prize sooprize..............sexual a use of some of the kids

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Ritter

He was super famous for helping youth. Honored by Reagan in 84.

He was going to establish a center right at the bus depot to help these kids.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

With the positioning of this footprint towards the tire track in mind, go out to your vehicle and open the front and/or back door as wide as they can go (75 degrees) and enter the vehicle leaving that footprint. If you begin to crawl forward onto the back or front seat, are you able to leave the details of the bottom of your shoe intact?

With the positioning of this footprint towards the tire track in mind, go out to your vehicle and open the front and/or back door as wide as they can go (75 degrees) and enter the vehicle leaving that footprint. If you begin to crawl forward onto the back or front seat, are you able to leave the details of the bottom of your shoe intact?

It could have been a van with a sliding door. See Trackergd's info on this older post:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Joseph-22-Oct-1989-8&p=10547830#post10547830

human, midwest kids who looked fresh and innocent were highly prized. Maybe they heard through the pedophile grapevine that it was easy to get a child in this area (lots of kids roaming around alone in a rural area) without getting caught and met up with a pedophile friend (DR? priest? RB SR?) to look for one.

human, midwest kids who looked fresh and innocent were highly prized. Maybe they heard through the pedophile grapevine that it was easy to get a child in this area (lots of kids roaming around alone in a rural area) without getting caught and met up with a pedophile friend (DR? priest? RB SR?) to look for one.

Don't you think there are plenty out there available to be groomed?

Street kids can be cute.

LE shifted to a theory of a perp on foot. So based on that and Jacobs last footprint, I am going to make 2 new opinions-

1. Under the threat of the gun, DR tells Jacob to jump over the driveway.

2. Dr takes the shortcut from his house, wearing jacobs shoe, and plants it on kevin. This opinion comes from the depth of the footprint in the gravel.

I found this clip from the Reader's digest story "The Boy Who Never Came Home" written by Henry Hurt published in November 1999 about a call from someone from New York who said he was Jacob and he was still alive:

"Several years ago, she [Patty W] popped awake from a chilling dream at exactly 3:11 a.m., according to their bedside clock. In the dream, Patty was at a convention at a hotel. Suddenly Jacob walked up - a mature, handsome young man. "I don't remember the conversation, but I was to follow him into a private room so we could talk," Patty says. "We walked past a stranger who was talking on a pay phone, and somehow I knew that this man was Jacob's abductor. 'Turn around,' I said to him. I wanted to see his face." That's when Patty woke up - at 3:11 a.m.

The next day, Patty had lunch with Robert Lee, the executive director of the Jacob Wetterling Foundation, which she and Jerry created in 1990, to help families of missing children. "Patty casually told me about the dream," says Lee. "She's never put much stock in things like that, but this dream had been unusually vivid. And Patty mentioned that she had woken up at 3:11 in the morning." After lunch, the two went to the foundation office and were greeted by Alma Hansen, who is on the staff. "We had an unusual call on the answering machine last night," Alma said. She then played the message, in which a voice whispered: "This is Jacob Wetterling. I just want you to know I'm still alive." The call, traced to New York, had come in at 3:11 a.m."

This kind of gives credence to Jim R's theory and the story from that he was taken to New York to be pimped out by the mob. The kidnappers would find boys all over the midwest to recruit them to entrap rich gay men into getting into a relationship with them, then bribe the victim for money so they wouldn't expose their illegal "homosexuality" and ruin their careers. A famous entertainer, a congressman and an admiral were all victims. The article only says that most of the "chickens" were runaways or drug users who were "under the thumbs of their pushers and pimps." Few were willing to cooperate and sign statements from the police. The article indicates the police caught one guy with a 14 year old "runaway".

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/...reyed_on_prominent_gay_men_in_the_1960s_.html

How many times do we hear about people with false leads or pretending to be a missing person? Sickening to give false hope. And why not call your home phone number if you want your parents to know you are alive?

I think Jared's incident was separate from Jacob and perps were different. Paynesville was similar to Jacob in that multiple children were approached by a man on foot with no car in sight. There was a jogger noted in Josh's disappearance but that may be nothing. Again, no car noted in Josh's disappearance.

There were no cops on scene from 3 am until sunrise. DR saw Kevin drive through around 15 minutes after he nabbed Jacob. He knows that there is a fresh tire track. After he is finished with Jacob, he calls 911, goes outside to cops and tells them he will search his own property and then goes back inside to do whatever he does until cops leave at 3 am. He takes Jacob's sneaker and approaches the tire track from the grass, puts his hand in the sneaker and plants it in the dirt right next to Kevin's tire track to make an impression that appears Jacob is getting into a car. Were there other prints from Jacob surrounded that one deep print that we always see? How many of the perps prints were around that print? I believe this is a viable theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744