MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So dr has provided his dna, taken a polygraph, agreed to be hypnotized and has talked to fbi and Local law enforcement? Mighty cooperative, surprised he didn't refuse to speak and hire a lawyer.

I'm intrigued. I take it there was discussion that addressed the possibility someone associated with hockey might have been involved. The challenge I see there is that hockey seems to be big in that neck of the woods -- real big, as in, lots of people in the area seem to have some association with it. I do find it provocative that Jacob's Dad felt a a strange sense of doom while in the hockey arena. Just about anyone could have been hanging out there -- and may have been hanging out there for weeks, months, years -- watching, waiting and looking for an opportunity to pounce.

So dr has provided his dna, taken a polygraph, agreed to be hypnotized and has talked to fbi and Local law enforcement? Mighty cooperative, surprised he didn't refuse to speak and hire a lawyer.

Yes he has been very cooperative but none of the conclusions from them have been made public.

Yes he has been very cooperative but none of the conclusions from them have been made public.

A lot of people who have turned out to be perpetrators have been very cooperative. They love to help. In the Alanna Gallagher case, the perp was out searching and handing out fliers.

In DR's case, he never approached the Wetterlings to offer support or anything,

He was so helpful to search his property that night

I'm intrigued. I take it there was discussion that addressed the possibility someone associated with hockey might have been involved. The challenge I see there is that hockey seems to be big in that neck of the woods -- real big, as in, lots of people in the area seem to have some association with it. I do find it provocative that Jacob's Dad felt a a strange sense of doom while in the hockey arena. Just about anyone could have been hanging out there -- and may have been hanging out there for weeks, months, years -- watching, waiting and looking for an opportunity to pounce.

Whatever Jacobs Dad says I listen to hard. His composure through all of this is just amazing to me. Very intelligent and calm. I know someone who goes to him for chiropractic sessions.

We talked about one person relevant to this idea, but as he is not poi and has no public record, all posts were removed. But I think the reminder about it is important.

Wow, thank you so much for this information. I had no idea. As I mentioned, I was a visitor for years to WS, but only registered within the past year, So, somehow I missed that. And PHANTOM, I agree. The feeling that his dad got was to me, just so weird, and maybe very telling. He admits that for those few short seconds, he panicked when he could not eyeball Jacob. Since up to this point, St. Joes was such a safe, family area, that Jerry's extreme concern would seem almost out of place. Any parent will tell you there have been times when we just get that chest tightening, deep hollow gut feeling regarding our kids.
Again, thanks to both for your input in this. So informative for me. :)

A lot of people who have turned out to be perpetrators have been very cooperative. They love to help. In the Alanna Gallagher case, the perp was out searching and handing out fliers.

In DR's case, he never approached the Wetterlings to offer support or anything,

He was so helpful to search his property that night

This is why Jacobs dad has been quoted as saying "DR is a different bird" they rarely ever see him as compared to the elder Rassier who exchanges friendly waves with Jerry when he is retrieving his mail.

This is why Jacobs dad has been quoted as saying "DR is a different bird" they rarely ever see him as compared to the elder Rassier who exchanges friendly waves with Jerry when he is retrieving his mail.

link?

Does anyone know exactly where the "brush road" is, as described in the Stearn Truth tapes??

Excellent question. If you're working from 'the tapes'.....then there's only 2(*) locations: 1, on DR's driveway or 2, in the 'brush' or treeline west of the abduction site. I have contemplated this 'brush' road alot-it could mean DR's driveway or the approach to the west....I have taken it to mean DR's driveway but have been unable to resolve the logistics. There are 1989 pictures of these areas which you know of I'm sure. Placing vehicles on or near the abduction site based upon 'the tapes' is difficult at best. Not saying it can't be done, just saying I haven't figured it out. One thing: when MB says-(paraphrasing) "on that brush road, I call it a brush road, I brought the twigs up there and stuff"......what the heck does that mean? Given the physical evidence of Jacob's last footprint being 120' east of the pavement....this would mean the vehicles were parked on DR's driveway. Otherwise why would the perp appear out of that same driveway? Why would the perp stand on the east side of the driveway if the vehicles were parked on the west side? And why direct the other 2 boys to run west if the vehicles were indeed on the west? Doesn't make sense. And why would the perp take Jacob to the east? So the 2 vehicles would have had to have been located on DR's driveway(according to the tapes). I would assume the 2 vehicles would leave tracks. I'm more interested in why you would ask the question.

While I don't claim to even remotely understand the mind of a pedophile, I would think that watching a youth hockey (or other sport) game might be like going shopping for a new car.

I honestly have no clue at this point who the guilty party is, however I am convinced that they are local and have some sort of skill set that may be military, LE or something along those lines as he appeared to have "command presence".

Perps frequently insert themselves into searches for the missing so they can keep tabs on the evidence being gathered, both for self preservation and for the thrill. This is well documented.

Very interesting discussions this week and a lot to think about. Bravo!

While I don't claim to even remotely understand the mind of a pedophile, I would think that watching a youth hockey (or other sport) game might be like going shopping for a new car.

I honestly have no clue at this point who the guilty party is, however I am convinced that they are local and have some sort of skill set that may be military, LE or something along those lines as he appeared to have "command presence".

Perps frequently insert themselves into searches for the missing so they can keep tabs on the evidence being gathered, both for self preservation and for the thrill. This is well documented.

Very interesting discussions this week and a lot to think about. Bravo!

Yes, the "command presence" baffled me the most over all the years. Along with somehow doing this to three kids, making a clean escape, and somehow falling off the map to never be seen yet again. As you kept thinking about it you became very intimidated by how he was able to do this with no witnesses to a vehicle. When I visited the site of the abduction 25 years later, it was over for me, I knew the vehicle was never there.

As a retired teacher, one of the problems I have is the command presence. When I say something, iI expect it to happen.

I was the boss of my classroom . Not the dictator, but when I asked children to do something, I expected it to happen.

That does not always go over well aways outside of the classroom .lol

A true story.

I'm going to guess I was 14 years old when this happened (24 years ago). I was returning with my family from the twin cities on 494 west to Willmar, MN. When my dad says "Patty Wetterling is behind us". It's a smaller world then we think sometimes. He slowed down just a bit so that her vehicle would pass us and I saw her clear as day driving a dark SUV. I thought, what must this be like for this mom, to be on this across the land hunt for her missing son? Here we are this much later and it's as fresh as yesterday, still learning new things from the internet and coming up with what really happened. We must keep the hunt on for this family with any knowledge anyone can share.

I just keep thinking that if there was not a car, have the police considered a hidden cellar.
Perhaps nearby or even within surrounding properties?
Look at this:
http://www.wunderground.com/wximage/minnesotamom/884?gallery=
I read a story that made me think of this case.
http://www.whatsonningbo.com/news-7...an-girl-natascha-kampusch-made-into-film.html
I know that LE was allowed to search buildings on a property near where the abduction took place, and this seemed to be no problem for the person who allowed it, but could there have been something hidden there or nearby?
It gives me the creeps to even imagine it, but I can't get over the fact that no vehicle was seen or heard after Jacob was taken. The other boys were told not to look back, what was it they were not supposed to see? Could it have been right there, nearby?
I don't know if this sort of scenario has been discussed already, just wanted to put it out there.

I'm trying, it's buried deep somewhere out there.

"Jerry Wetterling said he often shares a neighborly wave with Robert Rassier on his way to work in the morning as the elder man picks up the mail at the end of his driveway, but he was less familiar with Daniel Rassier."

http://www.twincities.com/minnesota/ci_15411710?nclick_check=1

From the article

The man said his parents are "pretty upset. They've been there their whole life. It really bothers me because it really hurts them." He said police had been to his parents' property in 1989, 2005 and Wednesday.

When his mother called Wednesday, the man said he thought she was joking. "It's the third time; it just won't end. It's getting to the point of harassment."

My comments:

The third time! The first time was in 1989. Wow. That goes without saying. I wonder why 2005??? Nothing has ever been said, has it?

All I can think of is how Sher said that the neighbors of the Wetterlings were searched so often that one of them gave the Sheriff the keys.

What a difference!!!!!!!

I sure wonder why the R family has the attitude that they have re the searches.

I just keep thinking that if there was not a car, have the police considered a hidden cellar.
Perhaps nearby or even within surrounding properties?
Look at this:
http://www.wunderground.com/wximage/minnesotamom/884?gallery=
I read a story that made me think of this case.
http://www.whatsonningbo.com/news-7...an-girl-natascha-kampusch-made-into-film.html
I know that LE was allowed to search buildings on a property near where the abduction took place, and this seemed to be no problem for the person who allowed it, but could there have been something hidden there or nearby?
It gives me the creeps to even imagine it, but I can't get over the fact that no vehicle was seen or heard after Jacob was taken. The other boys were told not to look back, what was it they were not supposed to see? Could it have been right there, nearby?
I don't know if this sort of scenario has been discussed already, just wanted to put it out there.

DR "searched" his own property that night. I am not going to look for the references, but it is on here several times. It appears by that comment that LE allowed him to search and probably did not search where he had "searched".

His house was not searched for 6 days. It was not searched that night

I don't know how common root cellars are out there. I wish I had one now. We rented a house once that had a root cellar. It was built into a hillside

My parents used the basement of their home to store foods. Basements where I live were made of stone long ago so they are excellent for food storage. The R house is quite old. Their basement may have been sufficient for food storage.

A root cellar usually does not have an underground entrance so I imagine it would present as an out building and would be visible. The farm itself had many outbuildings which probably included a ton of things for concealment . The possibilities on a farm are numerous.

To put it into perspective how fresh this case is, especially until you visit the site of the abduction and get online-

What I didn't know before April 2014

That there was never a vehicle heard or seen-

For a very very long time I had no vision of the crime scene and what I just heard early in the case, that a man in a van took Jacob, and that aaron and trevor were the only ones that saw that van. I got online and found out differently.

That Jacobs last footprint is 40 yards down on a gravel driveway-

Never heard this in the news once until I got online and found out differently, actually found this out right here on Websleuths.

Who DR is-

The newspapers started talking about a guy all of sudden, but until I got online I didn't know much else. I just remember hmm this new theory is starting to make sense, that it was someone local and knew their path. This is what would eventually lead me over to visit the site of the abduction.

That it wasn't a flat road in the middle of nowhere-

When I visited the site it was over, I saw the hill, I saw the ruralness, the dead end, I saw what you could hear and see. I got frightened by the farm. It's a cul de sac-many houses and another farm nearby.

As a retired teacher, one of the problems I have is the command presence. When I say something, iI expect it to happen.

I was the boss of my classroom . Not the dictator, but when I asked children to do something, I expected it to happen.

That does not always go over well aways outside of the classroom .lol

We always thought the perp was some type of professional in something, who better then an elementary teacher to command that scene.

To put it into perspective how fresh this case is, especially until you visit the site of the abduction and get online-

What I didn't know before April 2014

That there was never a vehicle heard or seen-

For a very very long time I had no vision of the crime scene and what I just heard early in the case, that a man in a van took Jacob, and that aaron and trevor were the only ones that saw that van. I got online and found out differently.

That Jacobs last footprint is 40 yards down on a gravel driveway-

Never heard this in the news once until I got online and found out differently, actually found this out right here on Websleuths.

Who DR is-

The newspapers started talking about a guy all of sudden, but until I got online I didn't know much else. I just remember hmm this new theory is starting to make sense, that it was someone local and knew their path. This is what would eventually lead me over to visit the site of the abduction.

That it wasn't a flat road in the middle of nowhere-

When I visited the site it was over, I saw the hill, I saw the ruralness, the dead end, I saw what you could hear and see. I got frightened by the farm. It's a cul de sac-many houses and another farm nearby.

I have been there. Right after for one of the times. And back then it was far more lonely and isolated . So many of those developments were not there.

We searched . A needle in a haystack would have been preferable. Since it was thought he had been driven away, then he could have been in Canada or Mexico or other places.

I did not know about pedophiles.

When I first heard it, I thought it was a kidnapping for money. All I really knew about kidnapping a child was The Ransom of Red Chief. Kids from middle class Minnesota families did not get kidnapped by a masked gunman. It was some kind of prank.

By the weekend we still had Hope, but the prank idea was losing any credibility.

Then I started learning about pedophiles .

Sex abuse started becoming a topic we addressed in schools. Victims started coming forward and some could start dealing with the information that they were not at fault.

To me, this whole incident changed so many lives in so many ways.

And now I am being educated about sociopaths and psychopaths on here. Who knew they live among us. They are not all Charles Manson or Ted Bundy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Before.the.dawn