MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. Covering up his proclivities with religion.

Not a Catholic though.

I am reading on Hannah Graham and people have citrd studies where these guys start our peeping and then move up the ladder of offending. I just want to scream!

Wasn't the guy with glasses thought to be pretty young though?

IMO, Amy has features similar to Jacob.

The suspect drawing in the upper left (with bangs and glasses) on this link
http://amymihaljevic.blogspot.com/p/persons-of-interest.html
looks very similar to drawing #1 and #2 (below) which we've looked at in Jacob's case :

#1 is one of the persons seen driving a car in the area around Tom Thumb right before Jacob's abduction. (guy on the right with glasses)

#1. http://www.deadzoom.com/member/samiping/1989paper.jpg

#2 is the drawing of the suspect who tried to grab a young boy from St. Joe before Jacob's abduction.

#2. http://www.deadzoom.com/member/samiping/suspect2.jpg

Very interesting...where was he the night of October 22nd, 1989? My understanding is that few cars passed boys on way to Tom Thumb and they were accounted for and no cars passed on the way back. Also, this guy picked up a single kid why risk taking one of 3 in a desolate, one way in and out area? How did he get there and why? And again, why no car? And why cover his face? Did he know the Wetterlings or anyone in that neighborhood?

Her abduction happened in Ohio....seriously? How does this guy figure in Jacob's case at all? Anybody care to connect him to St Joseph in October of 1989?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Mihaljevic

Very interesting...where was he the night of October 22nd, 1989? My understanding is that few cars passed boys on way to Tom Thumb and they were accounted for and no cars passed on the way back. Also, this guy picked up a single kid why risk taking one of 3 in a desolate, one way in and out area? How did he get there and why? And again, why no car? And why cover his face? Did he know the Wetterlings or anyone in that neighborhood?

Her abduction happened in Ohio....seriously? How does this guy figure in Jacob's case at all? Anybody care to connect him to St Joseph in October of 1989?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Mihaljevic

Not sure he is connected at all. I was just thinking he looked like the younger guy in the tan van that tried to grab that boy earlier in St. Joe before Jacob. He looks too young for Jacob. But it never hurts to look at all the possibilities.

Not sure he is connected at all. I was just thinking he looked like the younger guy in the tan van that tried to grab that boy earlier in St. Joe before Jacob. He looks too young for Jacob. But it never hurts to look at all the possibilities.

I am wondering if he was a previously abducted young boy who then grew up in the culture and was then used to lure new boys.

haha!

(I'd say sher the packrat, but I don't want any ugly comparisons made. LOL)

I watched this years ago....and now watched it over and over and again and again.....there must be someone who can decipher how this man is built? Is it innocence or guilt?

I wish we could get one of those statement analysis folks to watch this and see what they think. That part where he says "I did it." That's usually a huge "tell" on those SA reports. He just seems to hesitate and choose his words so carefully, and then laugh at inappropriate times - although that could just be nerves.

I wish we could get one of those statement analysis folks to watch this and see what they think. That part where he says "I did it." That's usually a huge "tell" on those SA reports. He just seems to hesitate and choose his words so carefully, and then laugh at inappropriate times - although that could just be nerves.

It could be nerves and naturally so but IMHO...there's ALOT of clues here....facial expressions, halted sentences, discontinuous sentences, pauses- yet fluency in response sometimes-specifically regarding the guns in the house when he seems to ease up in his demeanor, pursed lips, excessive swallowing(I realize the microphone was near his neck but still), AND...just 2 things I noticed: (1) this interview was AFTER the 'dig' and no physical evidence was found, thus a sense of relief on DR's part.... "Well I think there's some sort of relief to them not finding something, mostly because now there is a chance that Jacob is alive somewhere out there...and...and..ah if anything was found that would indicate otherwise it would be disappointing to me". Of course it would be. (2)Low, gravelly voice. Listen to this interview on headphones and his voice is low + gravelly and sounds like he has a cold. I think this interview should be parsed visually(body language), acoustically(audio), and graphically(transcribed).

I was a year younger than Jacob and lived in the area—my neighbor worked for his dad and he would have attended my rival high school, so this case has always been close to me. A couple months ago I read Joy’s blog and began formulating theories. While I doubt DR is the perpetrator, I do feel he know more than he is saying and this led me to putting together a scenario (this is solely based on speculation).

DR is a member of an anonymous secret society that engages in varying levels of deviant activity—he’s a man, he has desires. Many of the members of said society aren’t good people—criminal people (could be a priest in there, but not exclusively priests and not tied to the abbey). While out for his run, DR makes contact with a person from said society and invites this person to his home with the folks out of town and all. The person comes to DR’s place via car after dark but before the boys head to Tom Thumb. This visitor & DR do whatever it is they do and this stranger, whose name DR never even learns, takes his leave.

Not wanting to draw attention to the fact that he is leaving DR’s house which might raise questions if anyone saw him there, the stranger drives slow and with the headlights off to avoid down the grass along the driveway here his tires do not make noise on the gravel all in order to avoid detection. The boys pass right by him sitting in the driveway too caught up in their own excitement of exactly which movie they intend to rent to notice him. The stranger spots the boys and stops the car watching them and maybe even listening to their conversation with the engine now turned off—they’re going to rent a movie. He estimates that he has maybe 20 minutes to prepare. He parks in the ditch and maybe throws a branch or brush over his car to disguise any parts that might reflect whatever light there may be. He grabs the gun and mask he keeps in his car for any opportunity to present itself for attacks and he waits.

When the boys return, he takes Jacob. When DR calls 911 and learns about the missing child he thinks the timing is suspiciously coincidental with the time his visitor left, which is why he talks to the cops to find out if he can make any link to his visitor and this missing child. Given nothing conclusive, DR can’t make a link to his visitor and decides to say nothing—why expose both himself and the entirety of this secret society if this guy, whose name he didn’t even know, had nothing to do with it. He thought he would wait and see if he learned anything more that would tie his friend to the case. Years go by and he says nothing and now its too far past to say anything without self-incrimination as an accessory at the least. He feels guilty to some extent though and the clues he is giving are pertinent in some way but extremely vague and maybe slightly off. He does, however, suffer a personality disorder of his own so his guilt goes only so far further compelling him to remain silent.

There are interesting things to this, but I am sure you are aware of how isolated that area was, so being sneaky with the car would not be necessary. And I am sure you are aware that there are not unknown tire tracks.

I am not sure there are tree branches available easily there, are there?

Since you are in the area, did you ever hear about creepy people or weird things when you wete growing up?

Why do you feel it is not tied to the Abbey when there are so many offenders there?

BTW, welcome to WS. Hope you give lots of ideas. It keeps Jacob's thread going . There have beenlots if new ideas and perspectives from people.

Have you ever met DR or seen him? Have you heard anything?

I don’t think we know definitively that there weren’t other tire tracks. We know of the one cast they made (Kevin’s) and that after identifying that cast as an impression of Kevin’s car in 2004 they began looking at theories that did not involve a vehicle. What we don’t know, however, is why they chose only to make a cast of that car. Surely there would have been other tire tracks if nothing else from those of DR’s vehicle, depending on weather conditions. Perhaps Kevin’s were the most recent so that was the only cast they took thinking the most recent in/out would have been the abductor and the rest are lost to history. DR also talks about how LE were trampling over tire evidence while on horseback in his farmyard.

While the area is isolated, it is not far from a known partying place and there was a potential risk of someone happening along. If he was known in the area at all he could risk someone identifying him thus the desire to make certain he did what he could to remain unnoticed.

Maybe not a branch was used, but weeds I am sure were abundant, so if he attempted to hide the car at all there would have been some material available.

Of the known offender priest/monks, none fit the sketch. Why would the members of the abbey need to seek out children when plenty come to them? I do not rule out the possibility of rogue priest who has also not yet been identified as an offender, but I don’t think the order needs to go hunting outside the campus when they’ve weaved a perfectly good web.

If the Paynesville cases, Jared’s, and Jacob’s are indeed all the same person then where I lived would not have been in the perps area, so I would not have likely ever have seen anything pertinent. I will say where I lived was equally an isolated area where you knew everyone going in or out and occasionally a strange car would park itself by a wind row down the road to which my mother often attributed to people dealing drugs but other than my mom’s paranoia about drug dealers no one thought about a kid getting stolen. I only mention this because I think that may have often been the mindset at the time. We were allowed to ride our bikes everywhere at all times of day until Jacob disappeared and then we went into lock down.

I have never met DR but I know people that went to the school where he teaches and some that have interactions with him now. From what I hear there is something odd about the guy but none of the people I know believe he is the perp—its interesting that it seems the people that knew him back then are less suspicious of him that those that met him post becoming a POI. I guess it goes to show how our feelings and opinions are shaped based on media reports.

I posted on here somewhere that the horseback riders came many days after. i think it was the next weekend so going over the prints at that time hardly matters, I am sure DR drove over them with his car eventually so that is a strange thing to say. It seems like just another comment of him dissing LE. He has had many others. Very taunting remarks, to me

I am following the Hannah Graham case and it is interesting how the perp was considered to be so loving and friend to all until he was announced, Now people are revealing things that are quite ugly about him. It seems like his long time friends are the most supportive of him

And I imagine that is the tip of the iceberg. I am sure that plenty is not being put out there about the perp . I imagine LE has asked people to be silent about some things.

So people do start looking at things differently and examining little things that bothered them. But the long term friends are the ones that are still on his team.

Josh Guimond is missing from SJU and that undoubtedly involves some kind of violence. It appears that the priest Eckroth may be involved in the murder of a couple of sisters. There is a lot of action there that we do not know about

welcome to websleuths amanda320!
do you know for sure there is an unusual group of people with possible "fetishes" operating in the area? If you do, can you let us know the name of the group? I think there is one and I am trying to find it. I agree with you that DR is a part of a group and does not want to divulge the info about the kidnapper who can be tied to him somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho