MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically there will come a time that if you are brought in for questioning there won't actually be questioning, they will just stick that cap on your head and print out what you did, saw, and why. If they deny the test, like denying a breathalyzer, they can just sit in jail and get bonded out then.

I don't think we'll be around to see this - definitely futuresque.

I am anxious to hear if any of the tips LE got following "The Hunt" have turned into new leads. Has anyone heard anything?

I haven't heard a thing and I don't expect to given the seemingly ongoing lack of transparency with the Stearns County sheriff's department.

A little over a month before election day...what could secure a re-election for Sanner more than an arrest (or any activity really) in this case!

A little over a month before election day...what could secure a re-election for Sanner more than an arrest (or any activity really) in this case!

Sanner named DR a POI, we can't relieve him of his post until he tells us why.

I think Sanner was in concert with the BCA.

I doubt it was a singular decision.

My concern is if a relative of the POI gets elected. I wonder how that would work?

I haven't heard a thing and I don't expect to given the seemingly ongoing lack of transparency with the Stearns County sheriff's department.

So, how is this different right now with the Tom Bearson case? LE has not even said how he died.

So, how is this different right now with the Tom Bearson case? LE has not even said how he died.

I can understand it in the Bearson case. It is less than a week old, and LE doesn't want to tip their hand.

In the Wetterling case, time has ticked by. Almost 25 years. We're running out of time. Anyone who is being suspected or protected may be reaching the end of their lifespan.

I can understand it in the Bearson case. It is less than a week old, and LE doesn't want to tip their hand.

In the Wetterling case, time has ticked by. Almost 25 years. We're running out of time. Anyone who is being suspected or protected may be reaching the end of their lifespan.

It is, of course, very possible the abductor is no longer alive.

What would releasing information do except satisfy our inquisitive minds? There has been a lot of physical information released; the part that hasn't been released is more on the "why LE thinks this way" side. LE cannot and should not risk putting taxpayers on the hook in a possible lawsuit with no evidence to support theories. As to DR, my opinion is LE should either S or get off the pot - limbo for 4 yrs doesn't work.

I am confused. If they hav evidence re DR, what is it they could do?

It is not enough for a trial. So what are they supposed to do? Pretend what they have does not matter and if he does something......

I am confused. If they hav evidence re DR, what is it they could do?

It is not enough for a trial. So what are they supposed to do? Pretend what they have does not matter and if he does something......

Good questions.

I was 10 when this happened and my brother was going to SJU. Hit very close to home.

I was reminded by watching the Hunt and reading the blog associated with the show--Joy the Curious.

The central question I have is that the MO of Jared and the other area molestation seem different. As I read Joy, the perpetrator in those cases did not wear a mask. Makes you wonder why he would wear one in this case, unless he knew the kids directly.

I was 10 when this happened and my brother was going to SJU. Hit very close to home.

I was reminded by watching the Hunt and reading the blog associated with the show--Joy the Curious.

The central question I have is that the MO of Jared and the other area molestation seems different. As I read Joy, the perpetrator in those cases did not wear a mask. Makes you wonder why he would wear one in this case, unless he knew the kids directly.

DR possibly was into some wine or something that night. When his plan had succeeded it was at that time too late to go back. He had already brought jacob into a building at the farm. With Jacob now knowing, he had no choice but to make this invisible. He is on the other hand a teacher with a lot to lose. This is all in my opinion.

I think i agree with Sasquatch. It had to be spur of the moment, not thought through and therefore panic followed. I don't understand why LE are not forthcoming with more info. After all this time with no resolution to the case surely it would be worth making a bit more information public in case anyone could provide another piece of the puzzle.

IMHO, it can be easy to criticize LE when you don't have the same history with the evidence. Reading her blog, it seems like Joy is rather taken with DR.

I guess I don't understand the importance of the Jared case when there are such clear differences (Jared was pulled into a car, no mask, etc)

That said, Jared is a hero for working with Patty in bringing attention to this issue.

DR possibly was into some wine or something that night. When his plan had succeeded it was at that time too late to go back. He had already brought jacob into a building at the farm. With Jacob now knowing, he had no choice but to make this invisible. He is on the other hand a teacher with a lot to lose. This is all in my opinion.

Come on... We don't even have any idea if DR drank at all. For all we know, he may be a teetotaler.

If he brought J into a building, why was he at the house when LE came by? One might assume J would yell if he was in a building.

W
Come on... We don't even have any idea if DR drank at all. For all we know, he may be a teetotaler.

If he brought J into a building, why was he at the house when LE came by? One might assume J would yell if he was in a building.

Wouldn't DR make sure Jacob was tied up,and gagged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho