MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that is a case for another thread. A clemson student was found in the river today too. Way too many victims of that stuff.

Did anyone see the facebook post for the Jacob Wetterling site about a new suspect? ELOSoul, do you have the link? Good info in there.

Can you provide a link please.

Nothing was found and he was cleared of involvement in 1990. Back to work.

Very sad about the young man from Sartell. I wonder what happened. All these young lives ending far too soon. Really heartbreaking

Just for interest's sake, I put in a search for sex abuse half way house ST. Joseph MN.

Interesting that one of the people who made this is a Vogel.
http://www.intech.mnsu.edu/davisj/resource_list.htm

I just reviewed this list and am amazed there are so many facilities in MN. Perhaps there are as many in other states. We must be more of a dysfunctional society than I ever thought possible, and this list, of course, is not counting those on the outside.

I just reviewed this list and am amazed there are so many facilities in MN. Perhaps there are as many in other states. We must be more of a dysfunctional society than I ever thought possible, and this list, of course, is not counting those on the outside.

I did a paper in college like 25 or so years ago. The research then showed MN had a high rate of sexual abuse but the research at that time showed that we had a higher rate of reporting.

One thing for sure is that alcohol is a big part of this. Alcohol leads to dysfunctional families . Secrets and shame are the biggies for dysfunction. Kids and the other adults hide what goes on at home. Kids don't have friends over because they can never predict what a parent may be like.

They learn never to talk about the family secrets. Many issues with alcoholism.

I think Minnesota is number three in the US for alcohol consumption.

Wisconsin is even worse. The industry has such a hold on that state that they cannot get decent drunk driving laws.

I was in Loiusiana years ago and they had drive ins where you could purchase drinks to go. The driver was not supposed to have one.

I will not say 100% ,( but I do feel it is),in all my years of teaching , I saw the situations children came from that had issues, and they were all from alcoholic homes.

Because of privacy issues, the public has no clue what things we see with children in schools.

One of my former students, and this was written up in the paper, lived in a house where the plumbing failed. So they used the bathtub as a toilet. It was filled to the brim .

And of course there were other issues, but feature that. The children were removed, but mom went on to have more. And this is just a mild situation.

Thank you for these insights, Human. It does shed some light on the situation. I'm sure you saw all kinds of things as an educator. The story you shared about the family with no plumbing is so very sad. And to think there are many others in the same predicament. Alcohol is indeed a destroyer of many things. Thanks for expanding my perspective about this.

This must have been what Mossad was referring to.

As much as this would help, I see potential invasion of privacy issues. Your thoughts would no longer be private and your personal thoughts have always been considered to be sacrosanct. It would be a double edged sword....and a sharp one at that.

Privacy issue for sure. People wrongly accused of serious crimes like kidnapping and murder should be praising this and first in line to take the test.

What make/model and color car did DR drive back in 1989? What other cars were on the DR property at that time?

I read somewhere once that he drove a red car. I,dont believe the year and make was discussed. That's all i've got..

That's scary. These days it seems the last bastion of privacy/freedom is within our own minds. What if that technology eventually went wireless?

Basically there will come a time that if you are brought in for questioning there won't actually be questioning, they will just stick that cap on your head and print out what you did, saw, and why. If they deny the test, like denying a breathalyzer, they can just sit in jail and get bonded out then.

Basically there will come a time that if you are brought in for questioning there won't actually be questioning, they will just stick that cap on your head and print out what you did, saw, and why. If they deny the test, like denying a breathalyzer, they can just sit in jail and get bonded out then.

That's into The Twilight Zone....who is to determine the line of demarcation between 'normal' behavior and 'criminal' behavior? BUT, this may be a digression from the issue at hand.

That's into The Twilight Zone....who is to determine the line of demarcation between 'normal' behavior and 'criminal' behavior? BUT, this may be a digression from the issue at hand.

Its definitely Hitleresque in dictation and faces hurdles I'm sure. Still this kind of procedure can help the wrongfully accused. Maybe it should just be for those people wanting to clear themselves.

Its definitely Hitleresque in dictation and faces hurdles I'm sure. Still this kind of procedure can help the wrongfully accused. Maybe it should just be for those people wanting to clear themselves.

'Hitleresque' and in 'dictation'....have never heard that before....very good Hitler the Dictator. However....a slippery slope IMHO. (I don't mean you being Hitler the Dictator but that you put those words in an interesting way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho