MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So who is going to spearhead this investigation and when does it begin? We need the locations and names of people living in every halfway house in St Joseph on Oct 22, 1989. From there we can begin submitting those names to LE, unless one of us would choose to seek them out for person to person interviews. I would think that could be dangerous though if you happened on the actual perp.

We do know of one half way house, although it may be a full way . (made up term). St. Johns.

Mossad addressed how to find these locations a few pages back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, let's begin. Should I call LE and make them aware of it?

Ha ha. If they don't know about the perv priests at St. John's, there is no hope at sll.

In this article about electronic monitoring, I don't think it was in much use in 89.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_tagging

But wouldn't any perps in a half way house be on probation?

I think when people hear the term "half way house", they are thinking a home in a neighborhood.

I am now thinking it is some kind of apartment building or huge home in an area that is not residential.

I think they would be some kind of public structures, not what one would consider a home.

I wonder if there are such a thing as special use permits on file.

There would have to be rules in place for such a use. Health department, fire? Somewhere there are documents relating to these structures in the files of St. joe.

If there is a conditional use permit, all property owners within a certain area are informed. Where I live it is 1/2 mile or a certain amount of homes. In a rural area, 1/2 mile could contain only one home, so there is an amount of homes required as well.

The request has to be published in the paper as well and posted in public places.

I wonder if the halfway house was just for sex offenders or other criminals?

W

Could you please list the addresses of these halfway houses. Thank you.

I said the information was useful, that was the question. I didn't say I used it to get the addresses.

I said the information was useful, that was the question. I didn't say I used it to get the addresses.

Truly, I don't see the usefulness of it.

I don't mind looking up addresses via the internet, so if you could guide me on what to do, I will do it. I just don't know what to do with what M posted.

I am stumped.

TIA!

MN Department of Human Services can give out license information or geeing your hands on a 1989 St. Joseph phone book.

That is what I understood from it anyway. :)

R
MN Department of Human Services can give out license information or geeing your hands on a 1989 St. Joseph phone book.

So how does one do that? Do you have to go in person?

St. Cloud would probably have old phone books at the library

Hold up. Before we go to the library and look at old phonebooks, is it possible the wetterling investigative team did this for us already back in the day? Im just saying because police did become familiar with these houses 18 months after the abduction.

Hold up. Before we go to the library and look at old phonebooks, is it possible the wetterling investigative team did this for us already back in the day? Im just saying because police did become familiar with these houses 18 months after the abduction.

There isn't any way to get that information either.

IMO, looking into the old halfway houses in St. Joe is a waste of time - unless you enjoy repeating what LE has already looked at back in 1989. LE looked at nearly 300 sex offenders in the area at the time of the abduction. (That is how they knew to tell Patty there were halfway houses located in the area and it would have been nice to have some sort of registry that showed that.)

According to this article from the Minneapolis Star....

Star Tribune: Newspaper of the Twin Cities
October 22, 1999
Section: NEWS
Page: 01B

Hope keeps search for Jacob going
Ten years and thousands of leads have come and gone, but the abduction of JacobWetterling still grips St. Joseph and the investigators who have poured their lives and hearts into the case.

Author: Richard Meryhew; Staff Writer
Dateline: St. Joseph, Minn.
(Archived at: http://nl.newsbank.com/

"So who was it that intercepted the boys that night and how did he get there?

Much of the investigation so far has centered on the belief that Jacob was snatched by a pedophile. In the months following the abduction, investigators identified nearly 300 convicted sex offenders in the four-county area surrounding St. Joseph.

One theory is that the abductor stalked Jacob and was in the neighborhood when the boys left for the Tom Thumb. Another, cited by Neil Neddermeyer, a retired Hennepin County detective who worked the case for five months, is that it was "a crime of opportunity probably led on by a fantasy in the back of [the abductor's] mind."

The man asked their ages, not their names, Neddermeyer said, "and therein lies my belief that Jacob was not being stalked. I believe he was looking for a boy of a specific age. I think he saw an opportunity to scare the hell out of the kids or play with them and got into the position to do it."

Most likely, LE has investigated 300 sex offenders, but, then, LE is still investigating with no case. Maybe they should re-investigate the half-way house(s) as well as the Abbey.

Mossad addressed how to find these locations a few pages back.

Why not just give the location and end any speculation? Instead, send all on a journey of endless investigation.

Why not just give the location and end any speculation? Instead, send all on a journey of endless investigation.

Because he knew that's what would happen.

The halfway houses were looked into one LE knew about them. Consider that Jacob's perpetrator was most likely a loner, not living in a group home. No way could a group conceal a secret for 25 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744