MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the importance of the brush road? I would assume it is the vehicle trail running near the side of the woods there.

I wonder if LE even checked the brush road. And if they had, unless there was a clear print from Jacobs sneakers near a fresh set of tire prints, how would they know which set of tire prints belonged to the abduction vehicle? This one's a long shot. Not saying it's not possible a car was parked on this road, just that it would be next to impossible to sort it out. I think I'm in your camp on this one.

Edited to add:

Now what would be interesting to find out is if any of the tire prints on the brush road matched any of the tire prints from DR's driveway, such as the car DR claims turned around.

I wonder if LE even checked the brush road. And if they had, unless there was a clear print from Jacobs sneakers near a fresh set of tire prints, how would they know which set of tire prints belonged to the abduction vehicle? This one's a long shot. Not saying it's not possible a car was parked on this road, just that it would be next to impossible to sort it out. I think I'm in your camp on this one.

Edited to add:

Now what would be interesting to find out is if any of the tire prints on the brush road matched any of the tire prints from DR's driveway, such as the car DR claims turned around.

Investigators got their big break in 2004 when Kevin came forward. It has never been said that he used the brush road that night.

I wish the perpetrator did have a vehicle and crossed from the brush road to the gravel driveway that night. Why? Because our friend Kevin had to be nosey and possibly contaminated the scene. If the perp used the brush road, there would be evidence of another vehicle there. unfortunately this just didnt happen.

I wish the perpetrator did have a vehicle and crossed from the brush road to the gravel driveway that night. Why? Because our friend Kevin had to be nosey and possibly contaminated the scene. If the perp used the brush road, there would be evidence of another vehicle there. unfortunately this just didnt happen.

We don't actually know for a fact if it happened or not, do we? From what I understand from what Tracker and others have said, if someone drove down the hard packed center of the road instead of along the edge like Kevin did, there may not have been any clear tracks because it was so dry out. Maybe I misunderstood about the hard packed center? I was just trying to look at other possibilities. I'm still on the proverbial fence about DR's involvement. I wasn't attempting to clear him.

We don't actually know for a fact if it happened or not, do we? From what I understand from what Tracker and others have said, if someone drove down the hard packed center of the road instead of along the edge like Kevin did, there may not have been any clear tracks because it was so dry out. Maybe I misunderstood about the hard packed center? I was just trying to look at other possibilities. I'm still on the proverbial fence about DR's involvement. I wasn't attempting to clear him.

Im glad were discussing the possibility but it is not supported by fact at this time. I'm saying LE did not miss activity of another vehicle going in and coming out of the brush road that night.

A car driving down the hard packed center would still leave a print, but it might be so faint that it could be missed or not have enough detail to determine a tread pattern. The challenge with a hard packed dirt road is that you generally have to follow what you "think" is the print trail until you get to a patch of softer ground to get detail...more often than not, you end up at a paved road and the trail ends.

Why would the center to be more hard pack?

That should be the most undisturbed and built up gravel on the driveway. Also if two vehicles traveled that driveway between 915 and 945 pm, that at some point the vehicles would have seperated and we would have two sets of fresh prints, imo.

IMO, on a narrow driveway like that, the driver's side tires would always hit near center, so it would be twice as packed down from daily use as the rest of the road. There were theories on here earlier about how DR possibly walked down the center of the road so as not to leave prints.

Oh oh. I always drive down the middle of our dirt road. I think most people do. I don't think people drive on the edges unless a car is coming in the other lane.

Watch this multiple times....he's hiding something.

I agree 100%! He is directly responsible or knows exactly who his. Either way he has the answers. I think he is a sadist.

When Dan Rassier is asked how he feels about being named a person of interest, he laughs and says he's been called worse. Really? He has been called worse than a person who may be involved in the abduction and disappearance of an 11 year old neighborhood boy? I would love to hear what is worse than that.

'If the truth comes out the case is solved'...Sounds like he means if HE told them the truth. Watch & Listen

He's certainly a strange man with a very strange sense of humor. I don't think he's the perp but he doesn't do himself any favors by giving weird/awkward answers.

When do you think the whole story will be told...'If the whole story is told in full, the case will be solved' Patty asked me if I did it...never answered the question.

If you burn wood you may have an ash pile. Who would burn animals & clothes and put them in the ash pile...He says it like he needs to explain why bones and clothes may be found. Can DNA be burned from bone fragments? Maybe that's what needs to be tested.

He says he remembers CLEARLY what happened that October day & night back in 1989 but can't remember what they took from his farm as evidence other than the Jacob memorabilia, blood stained trunk & umbrella stand 20 years later.

Ask anyone who runs a funeral home. It is not easy to burn a body. It would need to be a very large and hot fire. While this is not what any of you want to read, there is a surprising amount of melted fat that runs off a burning body and puddles. The furnaces used to run on natural gas. Now I think they are plasma arc and have telemetry to state government for monitoring. It was an occupation I was looking into years ago.

Large pile of firewood? Burn pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member