MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see. You would rather go with no solid evidence than an FBI REAL perspective. Well, okay.

Huh? Wasn't the BAC involved?

They are not to be believed?

I see. You would rather go with no solid evidence than an FBI REAL perspective. Well, okay.

Are you suggesting every active abduction needs solid evidence or should you look circumstancially as well.

But DR does not fit the description of a "short, stocky" man.

Have you guys forgotten that there are no tire tracks that have not been accounted for? Where was the vehicle that took Jacob away? Now that Patty stood across the street and pointed towards the woods directly across from the DR driveway and ruled out that spot for a parked car, where do you put the vehicle?

And while you're at it, paint the scenario as to how the perp would be in the area at this time and commit the crime (no cars were seen going past boys on way home and the couple that passed on the way to Tom thumb were accounted for. And since from seeing boys walking to abduction we only have about a 20-25 minute window, how did perp get a hold of a bulky jacket, boots and black pantyhose at the spur of the moment?

And please tell me again, WHERE DOES A VEHICLE FIT IT? Trevor and Aaron did not see or hear a vehicle and there are no tire tracks that have not been identified. Why would perp walk 40 feet up a driveway with his victim if his car was parked elsewhere. Maybe because he lived there and was taking Jacob back to his empty house. Who else knew DR's parents were not at home and that it would be perfectly safe to have a kidnapped child on a private driveway? Others would not know who may come down that driveway at any minute...DR knew FOR SURE nobody would.

Have you guys forgotten that there are no tire tracks that have not been accounted for? Where was the vehicle that took Jacob away? Now that Patty stood across the street and pointed towards the woods directly across from the DR driveway and ruled out that spot for a parked car, where do you put the vehicle?

And while you're at it, paint the scenario as to how the perp would be in the area at this time and commit the crime (no cars were seen going past boys on way home and the couple that passed on the way to Tom thumb were accounted for. And since from seeing boys walking to abduction we only have about a 20-25 minute window, how did perp get a hold of a bulky jacket, boots and black pantyhose at the spur of the moment?

And please tell me again, WHERE DOES A VEHICLE FIT IT? Trevor and Aaron did not see or hear a vehicle and there are no tire tracks that have not been identified. Why would perp walk 40 feet up a driveway with his victim if his car was parked elsewhere. Maybe because he lived there and was taking Jacob back to his empty house. Who else knew DR's parents were not at home and that it would be perfectly safe to have a kidnapped child on a private driveway? Others would not know who may come down that driveway at any minute...DR knew FOR SURE nobody would.

Does anyone know exactly where the "brush road" is, as described in the Stearn Truth tapes??

The perp in Jacob's was NOT described as short and stocky.

Do you have a reference to the short and stocky for Jacob's perp?

Sher has posted the transcript of the phone call and the boys said the perp was similar to the neighbor who called who was not short and stocky

Does anyone know exactly is the "brush road" as described in the Stearn Truth tapes??

I have not heard that those tapes are credible from anyone. And if there were another road, why would perp walk UP DR DRIVEWAY? WHY? There is no 'brush road' on DR property.

:yeahthat:

I do not know where Sher got her info, but she has stated numerous times that Jared's samples did not make it. If you recall, I posted that DNA collection was a brand new science for crime in 89

I'll have to look where I found that again. They said they had samples of DNA from Jared's assault, but they had degraded over time because they were not preserved properly. I think Immelman had a link to it. I'll check.

It was Jared's abductor that was stocky. Jacob's abductor was described as being around Merle's height and weight in the 911 call by Trevor. I think it was 185 lbs and 5' 9" ?? It's in case facts on the first page of the thread.

Here is the Immelman link on DNA. Immelman says he had it on good authority that DNA was taken after Jared's assault, and we've heard that from other sources also. But he says he isn't sure how well it was preseved. There used to be another news article online stating the sample wasn't properly preserved and had degraded, but it's no longer a working link.

"The Missing Link
The latest developments in the Wetterling investigation cannot be fully understood without reference to two investigative reports conducted in 2004 by KARE 11 and FOX 9. The KARE 11 report describes an unsolved kidnapping in nearby Cold Spring, Minn., on Friday, January 13, 1989 — nine months before Jacob’s abduction — likely committed by the same offender. I have it on good authority that DNA evidence was obtained from the Cold Spring abduction, though it’s an open question whether that evidence was properly preserved. This information is important, because as noted in the FOX 9 report, the person of interest in the current search of the Rassier farm gave a DNA sample six years ago when he was first developed as a suspect. The fact that no arrest was made at the time suggests no DNA match was found."

http://www.immelman.us/news/jacob-wetterling-rassier-search/

(Or the sample had degraded and couldn't be matched with anything.) JMO

Just keep researching, if you do you will find the truth about this case and its progress 25 years later.

OMG Joy printed my question! Hopefully she answers it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you suggesting every active abduction needs solid evidence or should you look circumstancially as well.

Obviously, circumstantial evidence hasn't worked well for LE.

What if there were professional kidnappers rather than locals? Would there necessarily be evidence of a vehicle?

Agreed, and I would also like to add how would DR have done this with LE on his doorstep within a very short amount of time. IMO, there was not enough time for him to do anything with Jacob, hide him and then face LE with the possibility that they would search his property. Again, just my opinion because I never believed he was the perp. Not to mention, if both Jacob and Jared are connected, Jared has said it was not DR.

Been following this one intently, do not believe the perpetrator is dr. Doesn't fit the pedophile profile. Imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper