MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was so dark that night how could the perp see the boys' faces clearly enough to pick the boy he preferred? How could Aaron see the perp grab Jake's shoulder when he looked back? How could Trevor and Aaron run so fast through the woods and fields and get to the house in just a few minutes? How could they be so sure there was no car in the area?

I understand Jake carried a flashlight. Did he carry it so the boys could find their way, or did he carry it so cars could see them? If he had it on the whole trip it would be easy for the perp to spot the boys and track them up and down 91st. He could have gotten well ahead of them in his car as the group headed south towards the house.

This has been discussed re the car.

And Sasquatch has posted pictures on here of the hilly terrain.

How did the perp know, because of the terrain. that the DR farm was not the destination? How did the perp know that there was not a house in a few feet down the road?

Where is the information the mother owned black stockings? This has never been documented.

Actually I saw it with my own eyes on here. It was on a video interview that was posted on here. The video has gone "poof".

I have looked at more pictures of the print field in the driveway than most of you have (thanks to those here who shared with me), even though Sterns County has declined to share what they have. From the photographs I have seen and my 40+ years doing this, I am saying the print field was very contaminated from the start by first responders and family, other vehicles known to have driven up and down the driveway, by at least one LE patrol car, then by the SAR teams on ATV and Horse. It is a small miracle that they were able to make any sense out of it and even find a good set of Jacobs prints (and I have yet to see any actual proof that it was Jacobs prints and that they were not faked). Since I am a registered resource here and the moderators have a full set of my credentials and case examples including at least two FBI related missing person cases, you can quote me. I marked up a good photograph for Joy, but she has yet to publish it in her blog.

The problem with the photos that we have seen is that they were probably taken by the media,

There is NO WAY the media was allowed onto the property while LE was making their castings, etc.

I cannot remember, but I think the horse searches did not start until later, such as the weekend.

We have not seen any perp tracks. We know he went down the driveway with Jacob, so there have to be tracks if a 75 pound boy left his tracks.

The National Guard was called in to search.

Maybe these things are in the timeline?

My point is that we have no idea when the photos of the tracks were taken.

The problem with the photos that we have seen is that they were probably taken by the media,

There is NO WAY the media was allowed onto the property while LE was making their castings, etc.

I cannot remember, but I think the horse searches did not start until later, such as the weekend.

We have not seen any perp tracks. We know he went down the driveway with Jacob, so there have to be tracks if a 75 pound boy left his tracks.

The National Guard was called in to search.

Maybe these things are in the timeline?

My point is that we have no idea when the photos of the tracks were taken.

I have seen a picture of them making the plaster casts and LE looking at the prints. One is media and one is not.

I have seen a picture of them making the plaster casts and LE looking at the prints. One is media and one is not.

For Jacob's print and for tire tracks. I believe it is posted on here.

We have no idea when media took the photos.

DAH grew up in Paynesville. That is why I am pretty sure he did the Paynesville attacks, but cannot connect him to St Josephs.

DAH grew up in Paynesville. That is why I am pretty sure he did the Paynesville attacks, but cannot connect him to St Josephs.

Can you find out his actual days of being in jail? That would make a huge difference.

I do wonder if he had access to so many boys why he would be out there attacking them

Can you find out his actual days of being in jail? That would make a huge difference.

I do wonder if he had access to so many boys why he would be out there attacking them

Attacking at random doesn't seem to be his MO either. More of the grooming victims and repetitive abuse of the same victims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attacking at random doesn't seem to be his MO either. More of the grooming victims and repetitive abuse of the same victims.

"Eighteen months after Jacob’s disappearance a man was arrested for burglary in St. Cloud, Minnesota. Upon running a criminal background check, law enforcement officials discovered that the man was a previously convicted sex offender. Further, the St. Joseph police learned that in October, 1989 the man had lived closer to Jacob’s abduction site than did the Wetterling family; yet, local police had not been aware of his presence within the community. In fact, unbeknownst to local police at the time of Jacob’s disappearance, there were halfway houses in the St. Joseph area that housed sex offenders upon their release from prison. This information was disconcerting because during the search it was commonly assumed that Jacob’s kidnapper had attempted similar behavior in the past. The St. Joseph police lamented that prior knowledge of the presence of these previously convicted sex offenders may have prevented Jacob’s abduction in the first place."

So just to put this away for good, the man of the halfway house was arrested and released without any involvement in the abduction.

http://saintautumn.wordpress.com/

It does not say anywhere in there that the man arrested for burglary lived IN one of the halfway houses. IMO, he lived in his own house. "The halfway houses" and "the guy who did the burglary and lived close" are two separate things. It was just run together in those reports. And yes, the man was arrested for the burglary and it was determined he was not a suspect in the abduction.

but he attacked the 10 known victims (he was known to have a lot more ) violently hundreds of times over a several years according to the commitment papers. who is to say he couldn't do it to a random person if he can't find his "regulars". He was labled a violent sex offender.

TVP: “Why would you go to bed when a kid had just disappeared?”

The Man: “I wanted to get some sleep. I wasn’t going to waste my time.”

Although DR had witnessed the car that turned around in his driveway at the time of the abduction, and then later called 911 to report his wood being stolen, and then walking up to have a brief conversation with Deputy Bechtold, did not become a witness to that vehicle until the next morning when he was finally forced to disclose it in the principals office. This is what we know today as we learn these facts together.

http://www.immelman.us/news/jacob-wetterling-rassier-search/

"First, a habitual course of sexual misconduct is evident in Hart's convictions for six counts of criminal sexual conduct and the numerous other incidents of sexual misconduct. See id., 518 N.W.2d at 613 (finding that appellant's criminal history demonstrates habitual course of misconduct).

Second, the district court determined that Hart exhibited an utter lack of control. A trial court must consider several factors to determine whether an individual utterly lacks the power to control his sexual impulses: the nature and frequency of the assaults, the degree of violence, the relationship between the offender and the victims, the offender's attitude, the offender's medical and family history, and the offender's medical evaluation. Blodgett, 510 N.W.2d at 915.

Hart committed hundreds of sexual assaults on at least ten young boys. He is a patterned sex offender whose victims are boys ages eight to fifteen."

DAH was unable to control his urges around young boys and the psychologist diagnosed him as a "sexual psychopath":

"The expert testimony further demonstrated Hart's utter lack of control. Dr. Fox testified that Hart would be inclined to offend if he were alone with a child, that Hart cannot control his urges consistently, and that he acts impulsively when alone with children. Dr. Hoberman testified that Hart lacks the ability to control his sexual impulses, fixates on young males, experiences intense urges to sexually offend despite a victim's protests or resistance, and has profound difficulty controlling his behavior"

http://mn.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19960220_0003.mn.htm/qx

Oct. 22, 1989 "Firefighters and 35 officers from the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office and other law enforcement agencies search the area".

It's worse than I thought.... unknown number of fire fighters, 35 police officers from Sterns County and unknown number of other law enforcement agencies... Sheesh.... Tom Brown himself would have had a heck of a time with that print field....

Oct. 22, 1989 "Firefighters and 35 officers from the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office and other law enforcement agencies search the area".

It's worse than I thought.... unknown number of fire fighters, 35 police officers from Sterns County and unknown number of other law enforcement agencies... Sheesh.... Tom Brown himself would have had a heck of a time with that print field....

The thing is, we have to get to the center of what happened somehow. The searchers are constantly scanning the ground they are stepping on. I dont believe anyone was completely removing entire footprints or tire tracks that were visible. They did seperate them from their own after they discovered both.

The thing is, we have to get to the center of what happened somehow. The searchers are constantly scanning the ground they are stepping on. I dont believe anyone was completely removing entire footprints or tire tracks that were visible. They did seperate them from their own after they discovered both.

But...it was also pitch black out when they all arrived on scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member