MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On my way to work today, I saw a poster with Jacob. It had a picture of him at 11, and a picture of him as an adult. It read, " Jacob Wetterling, still missing after 25 years". That was in St. Cloud.

What are the reasons DR is innocent

1. He is not convicted of any crimes against children

I've been reading the case facts thread but am a little bit confused; does anyone have a link with more information, or could explain about the Bahners, Lou Khols, the sighting by Ben Bina, and the interview by Diane Muehlbauer? I'm mainly just curious how and why that story has been ruled out. It sounds like there must be a lot more details, and I'm sure it's been discussed at length, I just don't know how to find the information.

Maybe someone will answer.

There are tapes online or at least there were that you can listen to.

Google and it should come up

DR hasn't been charged but as an innocent person and a professional in the community, has been tagged a POI in Jacobs disappearance. Either he is helping the case by gaining a clear visual of the activity and vehicle that took jacob, or from the number of items removed in the latest search, along with all previous searches and content, somehow ties him to being involved. I think if he is just helpful, the POI would have come alot sooner.

I've been reading the case facts thread but am a little bit confused; does anyone have a link with more information, or could explain about the Bahners, Lou Khols, the sighting by Ben Bina, and the interview by Diane Muehlbauer? I'm mainly just curious how and why that story has been ruled out. It sounds like there must be a lot more details, and I'm sure it's been discussed at length, I just don't know how to find the information.

Go here on WS and start reading at post 858.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Wetterling-11-St-Joseph-22-Oct-1989-7/page35

I know some of the billboards are on 94, but can anyone tell me if any of them are right in St. Joe, or where exactly they are? Thanks.

I know some of the billboards are on 94, but can anyone tell me if any of them are right in St. Joe, or where exactly they are? Thanks.

Haven't checked yet, will drive out there this weekend.

Wouldn't LE have been able to determine the approximate shoe/boot size from the perps prints? Why wasn't this info ever released?!

Also...didn't Kevin just talk to the "medical cop" in the parking lot of Tom Thumb...?? Did he actually go into the store?

Yes, shoe size can be determined from prints. In dry sand and loose material, the actual shoe size is larger than the print. In mud, the actual shoe size is smaller than the print. In damp sand and semi damp earth, it's pretty much true to size.

I was thinking today about Kevin and his story.

He and his story still irk me to the core on so many levels.
Most importantly, I can't help but wonder about his creditability given the source is an amateur blogger.

I don't mean to discredit or disavow Joy- I happen to think she's done a great job (biases and all) in stringing together many pieces and renewing attention to the case, but I can't discount the fact that she's an amateur blogger, not an investigative journalist, detective, or trained p.i.

It's truly only her word that "Kevin" is who he says he is and did what he said he did the night Jacob disappeared, right?

I was thinking today about Kevin and his story.

He and his story still irk me to the core on so many levels.
Most importantly, I can't help but wonder about his creditability given the source is an amateur blogger.

I don't mean to discredit or disavow Joy- I happen to think she's done a great job (biases and all) in stringing together many pieces and renewing attention to the case, but I can't discount the fact that she's an amateur blogger, not an investigative journalist, detective, or trained p.i.

It's truly only her word that "Kevin" is who he says he is and did what he said he did the night Jacob disappeared, right?
At least he did the right thing, if she spoke to the real Kevin he was checked out extensively in 04 by le

The agenda of the curious one is a common trope. Act as if everything done in the case by le was wrong and that she represents reason. In fact, le was thrown due to the tire tracks and had world experts working on the case.

I disagree with you, in part. The right thing would've been to come forward the next morning after Jacob disappeared.

Golf claps that he came forward 15 years later (haphazardly, as the story goes)

And I don't have a lot of faith that l.e.properly checked him out. It just doesn't add up IMO

I disagree with you, in part. The right thing would've been to come forward the next morning after Jacob disappeared.

Golf claps that he came forward 15 years later (haphazardly, as the story goes)

And I don't have a lot of faith that l.e.properly checked him out. It just doesn't add up IMO
From what I understand, he went through the ringer. Agree his story is more than bizarre. Couple of eggs short...

Right. And further (IMO) l.e. should've been able to track (emphasis added ;) him down within weeks of the abduction based on the unique tires of his gf's car (I believe he said they were special winter tires from St Cloud? Don't quote me- it's in his interview w/Joy)

Right. And further (IMO) l.e. should've been able to track (emphasis added ;) him down within weeks of the abduction based on the unique tires of his gf's car (I believe he said they were special winter tires from St Cloud? Don't quote me- it's in his interview w/Joy)
A longer term follower may be able to better speak to Kevin's reliability on the tires. To me, it just plays into her story that le were too focused on Dr after 04 and they are incompetent. The only reason I am more sympathetic is that the FBI and the help they gave was poisoned by the "satanic ritual abuse" hysteria of the 80s. In schools, two hours away, I was told by teachers and Geraldo to be careful for the satanists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho