MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Safe to say if the suspect disguised his whole head with a black stocking and his body shape with a bulky coat then of course he would disguise his voice to not sound like his own. Do this on your own. Make a voice that doesn't sound like your own. Does it sound gravelly and smokerish? Mine did. Give it a try.

I know you'll disagree with anything that possibly indicates another suspect besides DR. But can you at least acknowledge that the possibility of the person being a smoker is something new and interesting :)

Does anyone know any of the suspects personally? Enough to know if they smoked or not?

Does anyone know any of the suspects personally? Enough to know if they smoked or not?

Not sure if DR smokes or not, or has been exposed to an amount of secondhand smoke, but at times listening to him in interviews there is signs of raspiness in his voice.

Not sure if DR smokes or not, or has been exposed to an amount of secondhand smoke, but at times listening to him in interviews there is signs of raspiness in his voice.

anyone else we have possibly looked at that could be the perpetrator could have smoked? DH? DAH? RB?

Something else to consider is how long ago it was, too; If DR has only a slight raspiness today, I wonder if that was even detectable 25 years ago?

I imagine someone with a smoker's voice that long ago is probably sounding even rougher today if they're still alive.

I would think DR is not, or ever was, a smoker. Playing musical instruments that rely on lung capacity, and running marathons...I don't know how he could smoke!

I know you'll disagree with anything that possibly indicates another suspect besides DR. But can you at least acknowledge that the possibility of the person being a smoker is something new and interesting :)

That's not true. If there is real evidence of someone else being involved, I will certainly change my focus. No other named suspect was at the scene or wasn't cleared.

The possibility that the suspect is a smoker based on their voice at the time of abduction is irrelevant. It is as irrelevant as the sketch that was put out after Jacob's abduction., The boys did not see the face of the abductor and say as much. The abductor could have easily disguised his voice. Being or not being a smoker does not include or exclude anyone.

Why waste time finding out who if any named individuals smoked if a raspy voice is easy to fake and the perp likely faked his voice like he disguised his face and body?

Whoever the perp was, it seems he was quick on his feet. The other boys turned around not too long after they were told to run and Jacob and the abductor were out of sight. Were there any dragging marks on the ground? Was there only the single footprint that was determined to be Jacobs? So did the perp pick him up and run with him in his arms?

Someone mentioned the outbuildings and were they searched. If this was impulsive, the cover up scheme would not have been in place. And why wouldn't the dogs have led the police in a certain direction -- or did they?

Was it ever established if the blood on certain items from DR's was Jacobs?

I'm now imagining if I was a neighbor of a family whose son was abducted, and I was accused of the crime -- would I go over to visit the family? For me -- if I was guilty, no I would not, if I wasn't guilty, I would be there a lot but then again I'm cut from the Websleuths cloth (many/most people aren't?). I'm also not a sociopath.

Looking for some key times to be filled in on my timeline. When were Patty & Jerry called by the boys to ask if they could go to Tom Thumb? When did cops get to the scene initially? When did they leave the scene that night? When did they arrive again the next morning? I want to say they left at 3 am and got there at 6 am but can't find where I can verify that. CGorg's timeline has to much DR reference, I want a clean timeline of facts. Then we can compare.

Whoever the perp was, it seems he was quick on his feet. The other boys turned around not too long after they were told to run and Jacob and the abductor were out of sight. Were there any dragging marks on the ground? Was there only the single footprint that was determined to be Jacobs? So did the perp pick him up and run with him in his arms?

Someone mentioned the outbuildings and were they searched. If this was impulsive, the cover up scheme would not have been in place. And why wouldn't the dogs have led the police in a certain direction -- or did they?

Was it ever established if the blood on certain items from DR's was Jacobs?

I'm now imagining if I was a neighbor of a family whose son was abducted, and I was accused of the crime -- would I go over to visit the family? For me -- if I was guilty, no I would not, if I wasn't guilty, I would be there a lot but then again I'm cut from the Websleuths cloth (many/most people aren't?). I'm also not a sociopath.

This is a great point. Who was confident enough on foot to confront three kids on bikes? Someone in great physical condition? Someone who spent most of his day running?

I think the footprint that we have seen pics of was the 'last' footprint recorded by Jacob. I would assume there were several prints from the end of the driveway and then up the 40 yards.

I wish the police would release a photo of one of the perp's prints. Why NOT release this?!

This is a great point. Who was confident enough on foot to confront three kids on bikes? Someone in great physical condition? Someone who spent most of his day running?

Or someone with a military background? A commanding demeanor?

Someone who had done this before and was looking for a specific age of a boy, perhaps for a pedophile ring?

The possibility that the suspect is a smoker based on their voice at the time of abduction is irrelevant.

Irrelevant? <modsnip> The voice is the one of the only physical characteristics that the boys can describe 100% (since they didn't see the face). I guess we'll agree to disagree, again <modsnip> I can't fake a low raspy smoker voice for one second, let alone 2+ minutes (or however long the man was with the 3 boys). Dan also has a very feminine voice for a man - that is a fact that can't be denied.

Irrelevant? <modsnip> The voice is the one of the only physical characteristics that the boys can describe 100% (since they didn't see the face). I guess we'll agree to disagree, again <modsnip> I can't fake a low raspy smoker voice for one second, let alone 2+ minutes (or however long the man was with the 3 boys). Dan also has a very feminine voice for a man - that is a fact that can't be denied.

I would agree with the slight feminine tone but to me he also sounds like he has a cold. In fact if I heard his voice when I was 11 yrs old that's probably how I would've described it.

That's not true. If there is real evidence of someone else being involved, I will certainly change my focus. No other named suspect was at the scene or wasn't cleared.

The possibility that the suspect is a smoker based on their voice at the time of abduction is irrelevant. It is as irrelevant as the sketch that was put out after Jacob's abduction., The boys did not see the face of the abductor and say as much. The abductor could have easily disguised his voice. Being or not being a smoker does not include or exclude anyone.

Why waste time finding out who if any named individuals smoked if a raspy voice is easy to fake and the perp likely faked his voice like he disguised his face and body?

Irrelevant? A witness who was at the scene at the time of the kidnapping who had direct contact with the kidnapper says the suspect had a smoker's voice <modsnip>

Or someone with a military background? A commanding demeanor?

Someone who had done this before and was looking for a specific age of a boy, perhaps for a pedophile ring?

In my opinion if this were for a pedophile ring we would be looking for three missing boys 25 years later.

Irrelevant? A witness who was at the scene at the time of the kidnapping who had direct contact with the kidnapper says the suspect had a smoker's voice and you say it's irrelevant? Are you kidding?

Actually the witness said that it sounded like the abductor had a cold IIRC at the time. And please explain to me how a voice that can be disguised easily means that whether they smoked or not is relevant.

Let's say the perp had a feminine voice or a nasally voice, or perhaps a distinct voice...after they have gone to the trouble of covering their entire face and hair AND body, why do you think they would not disguise their voice? It is almost a given with the perp who went through so much trouble to disguise everything else. I really don't see where you guys are going with this.

Plus with a guy who wanted to command the scene with a gun and be forceful, he can easily make his voice authoritarian & scary. Try it around someone you know, does it sound like a smoker or gruff? I did and it does.

In my opinion if this were for a pedophile ring we would be looking for three missing boys 25 years later.

That's true, why not take all 3 boys...but that could be said for any scenario really (independent perv or a 'professional' perv). Maybe 2 or 3 boys would be too hard to control and one or more could get away. But asking ages, looking at faces. This guy meant business, that's for sure. He knew exactly what he was looking for and he definitely had a specific type in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member