MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His name was actually shown by accident in that one video that had the footprints. You wouldn't have seen it just watching the video, but I saw it when I was making screen caps of the footprints for my photobucket. I didn't mention it, because I figured he wanted it kept private. He's probably figured since everyone in Cold Spring knows by now who he is anyway - after him having appeared on so many TV interviews, that it no longer mattered keeping it private.

He is named by first and last name a couple of times in the written article. Sure hope it is okay with him.

I wish we could spend more time sleuthing other perps besides DR. He's been analyzed to death on here. His home and property have been searched 3 times. No evidence was found, he's still a teacher of young kids (you can be damn sure if police found ANY sort of inappropriate *advertiser censored* that he'd have been fired immediately). He's never been accused of any misconduct. We know he's not Jared's perp. It just doesn't fit that he'd go out and abduct and murder ONE child, ONE time, and not leave a shred of evidence anywhere and never do anything inappropriate or abduct another child ever again.
I'm just frustrated. No new information is being released by the police. We have nothing new to work with. I truly think we need to focus our attention on the other suspects like DAH.[/QUOTE

DR is the only named POI. You are trying hard to deflect attention from that fact, why?

There IS evidence that is still being held at the Stearns County sheriff's department. A blood stained trunk, an umbrella stand, DR's collection of notes about Jacob Wetterling's abduction and other items that DR conveniently couldn't remember during the news interview.

Crimes of opportunity can happen one time. Remember Etan Patz? He went out to his bus stop alone for the first time in NYC and was taken a killed by a guy who never did anything like that again. Or perhaps DR has committed other crimes against children when he goes out of state for his 5k runs? Fact is, they have kept him named POI and do have evidence that they took from his home. He admits he was at the scene of the crime. No other tire tracks on DR driveway besides Kevin's. Nobody else home at DR farm. He had time, place and quick access to black pantyhose.

I would gladly focus on anyone else you can put at the scene at the time of the abduction.

Until DR is arrested, we have to look at all suspects in or near the area at the time of the kidnapping. We aren't trying to deflect attention away from DR , we are completely researching a case to rule out people instead of getting tunnel vision.

It obviously was a kidnapping for sexual purposes. Would it be robbery? I don't think Jacob had much money or jewelry. What else would it be for?

I personally think DR knows who did it and is afraid to say because of retaliation from that person or group. The group may include important people in the community. DR- please give up everything you know for the sake of this family! Do the right thing and give up the name of the person!

A disguised voice may sound raspy. The MO is completely different.

A disguised and masked man approached Jacob, Aaron and Trevor on foot. Picked Jacob and told boys to run. He promptly disappeared with Jacob up the DR driveway with no car in sight. We never saw Jacob again.

Jared was approached by a man in a blue sedan. No mask, and Jared was alone and after he was assaulted he was let go.

If anything, Jacob's abductor's MO was very similar to Paynesville molester.

Jared was not at the scene of Jacob's abduction. He has no idea of Jacob's perp. When Jared's perp's sketch was released after Jacob was abducted, I believe that was a big mistake. They boys did not see a face or even hair as it was covered by a black stocking.

And how do you know Jacob's abduction was sexually related?

I disagree. I think the overall sexual MO is the same. And clearly this guy escalated his activities. He said the exact same phrase during both incidents "Don't look back or I'll shoot". ?? I think that choice of words is unique.

I don't know if I can repeat it on here now, but a specific incident was mentioned a couple of times that gave proof that it was a sexually motivated crime (Jacob's). Patty has also mentioned this repeatedly.

Jared knows things about his case that are not public details, and I would bet he might know things about Jacob's case that are not public.

DR is the only named POI. You are trying hard to deflect attention from that fact, why?

There IS evidence that is still being held at the Stearns County sheriff's department. A blood stained trunk, an umbrella stand, DR's collection of notes about Jacob Wetterling's abduction and other items that DR conveniently couldn't remember during the news interview.

Crimes of opportunity can happen one time. Remember Etan Patz? He went out to his bus stop alone for the first time in NYC and was taken a killed by a guy who never did anything like that again. Or perhaps DR has committed other crimes against children when he goes out of state for his 5k runs? Fact is, they have kept him named POI and do have evidence that they took from his home. He admits he was at the scene of the crime. No other tire tracks on DR driveway besides Kevin's. Nobody else home at DR farm. He had time, place and quick access to black pantyhose.

I would gladly focus on anyone else you can put at the scene at the time of the abduction.

Because this guy has been investigated for 25 years and no evidence linked to the crime has been recovered after 3 searches, probably dozens and dozens of interrogations, hypnosis, and on and on. He's never been charged in the crime. Don't you think after thousands of man hours spent on him they would have found a way to charge him by now?! How much more time do you want to spend on this guy?! What else can possibly be done that hasn't been done already with DR?? Where's the evidence? Where are the charges? Why is he still teaching?

I think it would be fruitful to focus on actual convicted criminals and perverts who were in the area at the time of the abduction (The Abbey, MF, DAH, Bahners, etc)

Because this guy has been investigated for 25 years and no evidence linked to the crime has been recovered after 3 searches, probably dozens and dozens of interrogations, hypnosis, and on and on. He's never been charged in the crime. Don't you think after thousands of man hours spent on him they would have found a way to charge him by now?! How much more time do you want to spend on this guy?! What else can possibly be done that hasn't been done already with DR?? Where's the evidence? Where are the charges? Why is he still teaching?

I think it would be fruitful to focus on actual convicted criminals and perverts who were in the area at the time of the abduction (The Abbey, MF, DAH, Bahners, etc)

A conversation about any of these people is only waiting to be started.

I've been trying to make sense of the location of DR's bedroom. He tells Joy it's on the west side facing the hill and the woodpile. He also tells Joy it's on the west side facing the yard where the cars turned around. Unless his bedroom runs the entire length of the west side of the house, it cannot be both.

(Because of the goofy driveway, it's confusing which direction the house faces...the front door of the house faces east.)

I've been trying to make sense of the location of DR's bedroom. He tells Joy it's on the west side facing the hill and the woodpile. He also tells Joy it's on the west side facing the yard where the cars turned around. Unless his bedroom runs the entire length of the west side of the house, it cannot be both.

(Because of the goofy driveway, it's confusing which direction the house faces...the front door of the house faces east.)

Photo: http://www.joybaker.com/wp-content/2013/04/RassierFarmAerialView_U-turns.jpg

As to the front door facing east - old time farm house where getting to the barn and fields was more important than getting to the front door.

Would you be able to spot a vehicle in the dark that was parked this far away from the road?

stjoe2.jpg

Would you be able to spot a vehicle in the dark that was parked this far away from the road?

stjoe2.jpg

Please be more specific, am I on the road, am I in the house, am I in the field? The farm to the south that isn't shown has a clear view across the field to that spot.

Who else thinks that front row of wood is designed like a war fortress to defend the farm against the soviet union during the 80's?

Please be more specific, am I on the road, am I in the house, am I in the field? The farm to the south that isn't shown has a clear view across the field to that spot.

Who else thinks that front row of wood is designed like a war fortress to defend the farm against the soviet union during the 80's?

What is the significance of the front row of wood and its design to this case?

Thanks for the laugh, sasquatch.

By Hey You! in Thread 11

"When DR was asked what he said to the 911 operator he did not mention a car, when asked what happened when he approached cops that night he told cops he would search his own outbuildings...#1 Why search outbuildings if there was a strange car zipping around with small child in passenger seat? #2 No mention of strange car. Check the interviews, these are DR's own words. "

Didn't a couple of DR's outbuildings burn down some time after Jacob's abduction? I know there is an aerial shot posted somewhere of the vacant spot where the buildings stood.

Could DR have hidden Jacob in one of these outbuildings and this is the reason DR allegedly volunteered to search the buildings for LE? Could it be this simple?

I wish we could spend more time sleuthing other perps besides DR. He's been analyzed to death on here. His home and property have been searched 3 times. No evidence was found, he's still a teacher of young kids (you can be damn sure if police found ANY sort of inappropriate *advertiser censored* that he'd have been fired immediately). He's never been accused of any misconduct. We know he's not Jared's perp. It just doesn't fit that he'd go out and abduct and murder ONE child, ONE time, and not leave a shred of evidence anywhere and never do anything inappropriate or abduct another child ever again.

I'm just frustrated. No new information is being released by the police. We have nothing new to work with. I truly think we need to focus our attention on the other suspects like DAH.

Couldn't agree more, notebook.

I wish WS would grant an exception with DAH - it's well documented he's a convicted abuser- locked up in a mental health prison, likely for life.

While I'm thankful he's not on the streets and respectful of privacy, who knows how many other victims he had before they threw away the key?

Could Jacob have been one? Being locked up does not trump due process...

By Hey You! in Thread 11

"When DR was asked what he said to the 911 operator he did not mention a car, when asked what happened when he approached cops that night he told cops he would search his own outbuildings...#1 Why search outbuildings if there was a strange car zipping around with small child in passenger seat? #2 No mention of strange car. Check the interviews, these are DR's own words. "

Didn't a couple of DR's outbuildings burn down some time after Jacob's abduction? I know there is an aerial shot posted somewhere of the vacant spot where the buildings stood.

Could DR have hidden Jacob in one of these outbuildings and this is the reason DR allegedly volunteered to search the buildings for LE? Could it be this simple?

Check the post above #327, click on the link to the blog. Those pictures show the other 2 buildings that are no longer there. And I believe that maybe there was possibly some evidence that was covered up. I wonder if that's where the trunk, etc was found. Did they use luminol? Was he trying to cover up the 'death smell' that cadaver dogs would hit on? Seems way too convenient.

Check the post above #327, click on the link to the blog. Those pictures show the other 2 buildings that are no longer there. And I believe that maybe there was possibly some evidence that was covered up. I wonder if that's where the trunk, etc was found. Did they use luminol? Was he trying to cover up the 'death smell' that cadaver dogs would hit on? Seems way too convenient.

Thanks for directing me to the photos. All I know is, LE was able to get a SW for inside DR's house after searching the outbuildings. They had to have discovered something incriminating.

Thanks for directing me to the photos. All I know is, LE was able to get a SW for inside DR's house after searching the outbuildings. They had to have discovered something incriminating.

Actually, it's not very difficult for LE to get a search warrant. Hardly any are turned down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744