MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No investigative breaks in this cold case prior to the mid-term elections?

Where is “bad guy” hunter John Walsh and the dozens of hotline “tips” that he has generated for this case?

Where are the Minnesota media freaks who have fed on this case for network ratings since 1989?

What about all the insights that have come from internet blogging, social media, podcasts, MySpace, YourSpace, LinkedIn, LinkedOut, vBulletin, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, and, of course, Tapatalk? What has all this “technology” really produced for this cold case?

And what has censorship done for this case in 2014?

Where is law enforcement and where are the locals in the Minnesota hinterlands who’ve “found themselves” but still don’t know where to look . . . is your remaining remedy at the polls?

apocalypse-now-asassin.png

Who would have thought that this amateur hour would last more than 25 years?

Prov. 11:14

LE has never had much to go on-disguised, a footprint, new tire tracks, small dark car. They are stuck between a rock and a hard place just like us. But also we'd be nowhere without them. They've had over 50,000 tips and have accounted for people over the hill that night to the best of their ability, and they continue to. All the people named that we've been able to discuss is only possible through them.

This is from joys blog

"As the week progressed, Kevin and Dan continued to go to work, as usual. Later in the week (Friday, most likely) Kevin decided to drive past the area where he’d seen the bikes to see what it looked like during the day. When he got to Rassiers’ driveway, he noticed crime tape around the area where the bikes had been, and saw a bunch of media vans down at the end of the road (by the curve that goes toward Wetterlings). He decided to just turn around in Rassiers’ driveway and leave (this time he DID just pull in and back up). As he was heading back north into town, he sees the “medical cop” from the Tom Thumb that night heading south down that same road. He knew it was the same guy because he was driving the same unmarked squad car that he’d seen in the parking lot that night. As the two cars pass each other, Kevin and the bomber-jacket-medical-cop-guy lock eyes and recognize each other. Kevin gets chills down his spine. To this day, he wonders why the guy didn’t turn around and pull Kevin over so he could question him about what he may have witnessed that night. (That is, if he really WAS a cop.)"
That's 'hearsay'....at least in a court of law. AND, Kevin sees the 'medical cop' a SECOND time....and yet he does NOT report it?! "Kevin" traverses the crime scene the night of the abduction, encounters a 'medical cop' at the TT....THEN 'later in the week' drives AGAIN through the abduction site and sees the 'medical cop' AGAIN...and says nothing? For 14 years!

Im beginning to wonder if the medical cop is just another person with a home police scanner from the area, that showed up just like Kevin to be into what was going on. A "geek" you could say.

My family has had police scanners for years. I've heard all kinds of interesting stuff but nothing ever possessed me to think "Wow, that sounds weird. I'm going to go RIGHT TO THE SCENE to see what's going on!" Holy moly. Even if it was a small town with not much going on, even if it was nearby.

In my post above it says "encrypting speed". I'd meant to type "encrypting speech". Ugh.

My family has had police scanners for years. I've heard all kinds of interesting stuff but nothing ever possessed me to think "Wow, that sounds weird. I'm going to go RIGHT TO THE SCENE to see what's going on!" Holy moly. Even if it was a small town with not much going on, even if it was nearby.

In my post above it says "encrypting speed". I'd meant to type "encrypting speech". Ugh.

I dont know why Kevin, his girlfriend, brother decided to dart to the scene. I was just thinking maybe this medical cop did the same.

I asked a friend that lives north St. Cloud if he has ever heard the term--he is state police. He has never heard the term used in any situation.

I am from a small MN town and believe me, anytime a cop or fire truck went by, half the town chased it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am from a small MN town and believe me, anytime a cop or fire truck went by, half the town chased it.

People who are simply CPR certified tend to stick themselves out in the crowd in situations like this. Was the medical cop just like kevin who heard "Tom Thumb" on the police scanner and decided to go put himself out there. Then a week later just like kevin decides to visit the abduction scene out of interest. (When kevin sees him again)

Where I live, many people had scanners

If there is a lott of commotion, we have driven to see what it might be

Where I live, many people had scanners

If there is a lott of commotion, we have driven to see what it might be

When I was 16 I followed 20 feet behind 2 fire trucks for about 5 miles. When we got to the destination the fire truck guy was angry and had the police come and ticket me.

When I was 16 I followed 20 feet behind 2 fire trucks for about 5 miles. When we got to the destination the fire truck guy was angry and had the police come and ticket me.

Best to stay back about half of a mile. ;)

is Bromenschenkel related to anyone we know?

The Poi's mother is a B. So is B a nephew?

Stearns County Commissioner, Mark Bromenschenkel, is a 2nd cousin to DR. It's very probable that they know each other personally, but the Bromenschenkel family is very large, so maybe they don't. I know most of my 2nd cousins on my mom's side of the family, but none on my dad's side as it it much larger. Being related to DR doesn't necessarily mean he would cover for DR if he knew he was guilty.

How's the Stearns county sheriff race looking?

Sanner will remain Sheriff by about 4300 votes, which was a close race. I can hear the public wanting information and answers in the countys cold cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint531