MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With regards to the noise Aaron heard in the grass it could just be one of those creepy sounds you think you hear when out after dark. Especially when you're young, i grew up in the countryside where there are no streetlights and we used to freak ourselves out occasionally. I could have been an animal or the breeze. I too think MF is a good POI as he was in the area. It's not his MO but perhaps he took the opportunity and something went wrong after meaning he couldn't let Jacob go. Does anyone know if Aaron or his family were involved with the church in any way, maybe that's why he took J and not Aaron if he might have recognised him.

I've researched this, there was virtually no wind that night, 3 mph.

Okay, noone wants to discuss MF. Let's just go back to going round and round DR as the only POI. I unfortunately don't have access to as much info as you guys as i'm from the UK. Today is the first time i have heard that MF was investigated and discounted and i sure as hell don't have the time to read all the previous threads.

2 Things:

1. Height: the abductor was described by Trevor as being similar in size to his neighbor Merle Jerzak (5’10”, 195 lbs). Trevor’s Dad Jerry is -judging by pictures -at least 6’1” or 6’2” minimum, maybe taller. I think Trevor’s perception of height would be reliable in this case based upon his experience. I happen to be 5’10”, 160 lbs. and my brother is 6’2”…when standing side by side and also posing for pictures, the difference is obvious. You can’t mistake one for the other.
2. Sound in the grass heard by Aaron: I understand it cannot be proven and it could have been an animal but IMO it’s an important clue and I think an 11 year old is smart enough to sense something unusual. Especially on a calm night-and the boys at that point were unaware of any danger. Since evidence is scant at best, I think relying on the eyewitnesses is important. Aaron has made a point of explaining the sound in his interviews. Certainly, placing a perp near the mailbox in the grass when the boys were on their way to Tom Thumb limits the number of suspects….but it also is indicative of a perp on foot, at least initially. IMO, the perp was already there…whether he came from the West or the East.

2 Things:

1. Height: the abductor was described by Trevor as being similar in size to his neighbor Merle Jerzak (5’10”, 195 lbs). Trevor’s Dad Jerry is -judging by pictures -at least 6’1” or 6’2” minimum, maybe taller. I think Trevor’s perception of height would be reliable in this case based upon his experience. I happen to be 5’10”, 160 lbs. and my brother is 6’2”…when standing side by side and also posing for pictures, the difference is obvious. You can’t mistake one for the other.

I don't think an 11 year old kid scared out of his mind, and in the pitch dark, can give an accurate description for height. Kids also don't understand 5'10 vs 6'2. He was 11 years old and much smaller than the man. I wouldn't discount MF just because he is 3-4 inches taller than the description stated.

Does anyone recall exactly what Kevin means by a "MEDICAL" cop? What the heck is a medical cop, and what about the vehicle or person made him describe it that way?

I think the fact that MF was in the area at the exact time of the abduction is an awfully big coincidence. Too big to ignore.

Also, has Jared discounted MF as his perp? I don't recall. I know he said he dismissed DR has his perp.

I don't think an 11 year old kid scared out of his mind, and in the pitch dark, can give an accurate description for height. Kids also don't understand 5'10 vs 6'2. He was 11 years old and much smaller than the man. I wouldn't discount MF just because he is 3-4 inches taller than the description stated.

They werent exactly scared at first. At first they thought it was a high schooler playing a prank and almost wanted to laugh. It wasnt until they were sitting in a house without Jacob that shock truly set in.

Does anyone recall exactly what Kevin means by a "MEDICAL" cop? What the heck is a medical cop, and what about the vehicle or person made him describe it that way?

I think the fact that MF was in the area at the exact time of the abduction is an awfully big coincidence. Too big to ignore.

Also, has Jared discounted MF as his perp? I don't recall. I know he said he dismissed DR has his perp.

Thanks to someones call to LE that we got to know MF was there. And also thanks to LE for discounting this person. I also question if he is Jareds guy.

I believe Kevin said the guy told him he was a "medical cop" - I'd have to go back and check though.

I don't have a lot of faith in Kevin's word after he deliberately led the case astray for 15 years by not opening his mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a lot of faith in Kevin's word after he deliberately led the case astray for 15 years by not opening his mouth.

Neither do I, what was he thinking. Let us meet him.

This link has some answers to questions that have come up recently. While I am not a fan of this blog, this one article does answer several questions we have discussed recently.

It says the party spot was directly across from DR's driveway, and gives a description of it.
It says the guy in Tom Thumb told Kevin he was a "medical cop" when asked if he was a cop.
It states the other St. Joe cop they saw outside across the street by the dental office was the "new" cop in town - and not the "medical cop" as some posters have misstated.
It also confirms that LE took casts the night of the abduction (around 1 am) of the tire tracks - according to the fireman (Kevin's gf's brother) who was manning the fire station and in contact with LE and searchers at DR's farm.

http://www.joybaker.com/2013/03/14/kevins-story/

This link has some answers to questions that have come up recently. While I am not a fan of this blog, this one article does answer several questions we have discussed recently.

It says the party spot was directly across from DR's driveway, and gives a description of it.
It says the guy in Tom Thumb told Kevin he was a "medical cop" when asked if he was a cop.
It states the other St. Joe cop they saw outside across the street by the dental office was the "new" cop in town - and not the "medical cop" as some posters have misstated.
It also confirms that LE took casts the night of the abduction (around 1 am) of the tire tracks - according to the fireman (Kevin's gf's brother) who was manning the fire station and in contact with LE and searchers at DR's farm.

http://www.joybaker.com/2013/03/14/kevins-story/

According to the blog, Kevin says that is a party spot that he went to and his friend had an apartment that overlooked this party spot/swamp that they would bike in. Um? Was there a swamp and bike trails? Any apartments nearby? He knew of this spot and remembered it well, but drove into a driveway across the road and didn't know it was a driveway and not a road?

According to the blog, Dan remembers this party spot as having furniture/car or bus seats dragged into it and being surrounded by corrugated tin to block the view of the bonfires. Like a building? Surely if it was that well established the police would know about it and have checked it out?

Kevin has always been a red herring for me...I just don't understand why he waited. He has plenty of alibis.

We've never seen the guy, don't know his last name, and no one has verified they had contact with him that night. Do we even know for sure if the tire tracks matched the vehicle he was driving??

Sometime around 1am, Kevin and his girlfriend are awakened by a phone call. It’s the brother asking them where they’d gone after he and his wife left them earlier in the evening. Kevin tells him they went down 16th Avenue and turned around in Rassiers’ driveway.
The brother is a volunteer firefighter and has been manning the fire station all night while the rest of the crew is helping with the search. This is the first Kevin and his girlfriend have heard about Jacob’s abduction. The brother also tells them there are FBI agents there making plaster casts of the tire tracks they found in the driveway.

BBM

So....Kevin told his GF's brother THAT NIGHT that he went down DR's driveway!?

The brother is a local firefighter on duty...he's aware of the abduction, he's aware of the plaster casting of tire tracks, he's aware Kevin was on that driveway.

:banghead:

Kevin has always been a red herring for me...I just don't understand why he waited. He has plenty of alibis.

We've never seen the guy, don't know his last name, and no one has verified they had contact with him that night. Do we even know for sure if the tire tracks matched the vehicle he was driving??

We dont know anything except that his name is kevin and the theory was publically changed to an on foot perp.

What is worse?

Kevin waiting 15 years to say he took a spin through the driveway, or DR going through 3 contacts with LE before he told them of cars he saw at the time of the abduction?

2 contacts that night, another the following morning when he walked through the crime scene tape. This is criminal.

My god reading that bit from Joy's blog really shows how much has changed in how LE deal with child abductions. They were pretty useless it made it easy for the perp to get away. Thank god things have changed, partly due of course to poor Jacob

What is worse?

Kevin waiting 15 years to say he took a spin through the driveway, or DR going through 3 contacts with LE before he told them of cars he saw at the time of the abduction?

2 contacts that night, another the following morning when he walked through the crime scene tape. This is criminal.

Kevin....he drove on the crime scene, and he even considered LOADING UP THE BIKES IN HIS TRUNK!!! (see Joy's blog) and then he stayed silent for 15 years. I can see why he's never outted himself to the public because people would scorn him for being such an idiot.

My god reading that bit from Joy's blog really shows how much has changed in how LE deal with child abductions. They were pretty useless it made it easy for the perp to get away. Thank god things have changed, partly due of course to poor Jacob

Don't confuse Joy's blog with actual facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744