MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a bigger sandbox to play in. LE has called on our help once again, so I call on them to help us as well. Give us more clarity on the footprints. Was there a trail to the last known footprint? Can more pictures be released? What were the indicators that led LE towards the woodpile instead of into the field in the opposite direction? Keep the wheels moving forward, address the POI.

^^^ I completely agree. They need to give us more information to work with. So frustrating.

Reference my previous post. Money talks, especially after this length of time. A huge reward needs to be offered. Someone needs to step forward with $.

Reference my previous post. Money talks, especially after this length of time. A huge reward needs to be offered. Someone needs to step forward with $.

I would agree, put $150,000 out there and maybe it will get some headhunters talking.

We need a bigger sandbox to play in. LE has called on our help once again, so I call on them to help us as well. Give us more clarity on the footprints. Was there a trail to the last known footprint? Can more pictures be released? What were the indicators that led LE towards the woodpile instead of into the field in the opposite direction? Keep the wheels moving forward, address the POI.

Amen.

I gather the "list" and commentary is meant to make us feel like bumbling idiots and that the answer should be as plain as the nose on our faces.

Almost seems....narcissistic... ;)

I gather the "list" and commentary is meant to make us feel like bumbling idiots and that the answer should be as plain as the nose on our faces.

Almost seems....narcissistic... ;)

You must have a plain nose.

Maybe the person is waiting to reveal all when the reward money is high enough.

If I knew, I would give the info for free.

But zip. No psychic insights,

Sure, we all have searched off of WS because we cannot post what we find. Who knows. Maybe one of us has the answer and does not even know it. But, I don't know any pervs that I know of

I would agree, put $150,000 out there and maybe it will get some headhunters talking.

It would be neat if either a professional hockey or football team would donate some money for a reward, since Jacob loved those sports so much.

It would be neat if either a professional hockey or football team would donate some money for a reward, since Jacob loved those sports so much.

Thanks. That's a great idea. I think the posters are good, but what incentive would encourage someone to give information 25 years later? I believe a substantial reward would bring results.

Thanks. That's a great idea. I think the posters are good, but what incentive would encourage someone to give information 25 years later? I believe a substantial reward would bring results.

A reward upwards of 200,000 has already been offered.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20115979,00.html

"A group of Minneapolis business executives offered a reward of $100,000 for Jacob's safe return, and the figure has been matched by the Lions Club in nearby Richmond."

Big money rewards are often problematic and cause more problems than anything else.

The problem is that lots of people have their own "suspect": someone they suspect is "the type" but otherwise no evidence at all. It is all too easy to call the "hot line", make up a story that makes your suspect look guilty and pocket the reward if your guy really does turn out to be the perp.

Child abduction/murder is the sort of thing you keep secret from anyone and anyone who knew anything would most likely come forward by now.

Big money rewards are often problematic and cause more problems than anything else.

The problem is that lots of people have their own "suspect": someone they suspect is "the type" but otherwise no evidence at all. It is all too easy to call the "hot line", make up a story that makes your suspect look guilty and pocket the reward if your guy really does turn out to be the perp.

Child abduction/murder is the sort of thing you keep secret from anyone and anyone who knew anything would most likely come forward by now.

The people of DR's family have made it apparent they won't believe it if it were probably thrown in their face. I also believe DR is an isolationist who rarely gets sociable outside of work. I believe he goes home and sinks into his psychotic self. We have been dealing with an introverted, narcissist, psychopath for 25 years. The green arrows have turned his way, there is no doubt about it.

The people of DR's family have made it apparent they won't believe it if it were probably thrown in their face. I also believe DR is an isolationist who rarely gets sociable outside of work. I believe he goes home and sinks into his psychotic self. We have been dealing with an introverted, narcissist, psychopath for 25 years. The green arrows have turned his way, there is no doubt about it.

I agree...and a large reward for the poi to turn himself in isn't going to do any good either....since he would have to trade it in for soap on a rope. Probably not much incentive there :)

It's my duty in life and I looked up to the clouds and told Jacob this at the site of the abduction, I will clear or convict your POI. The progress we are making keeps painting a clearer every day. The internet is a powerful tool and websleuths is the wrench.

I think people do know something. Maybe not directly, but they may hold a piece,

Just like Kevin.

And the reward cannot be for a safe return at this time.

I wonder if the reward money is in account because it sure would have grown.

Some people do not need money. I doubt if the R family needs money

I think people do know something. Maybe not directly, but they may hold a piece,

Just like Kevin.

And the reward cannot be for a safe return at this time.

I wonder if the reward money is in account because it sure would have grown.

Some people do not need money. I doubt if the R family needs money

I think you're right about people holding pieces to the puzzle; people who don't even realize it. It's frustrating because there is only so much information a poster or billboard can share; most people who think they know something about a kidnapping would probably be more than eager to call in. But what if, for example, they saw a suspicious person at the store the boys visited that day, not knowing that store was even part of the story?

I've been following the Lyons sisters case for a long time; for all these years, the focus was on one sketch released by police; come to find out 30 years later, there was a different sketch of the now-POI in the case, involved in separate suspicious activity at the time. I know LE has its reasons for releasing certain pieces of information and withholding others, but the clues being given here obviously aren't getting the job done. It's great that attention is being paid to the case, but it's like trying the same thing over and over and expecting a new result. I hope that it happens, though.

I think you're right about people holding pieces to the puzzle; people who don't even realize it. It's frustrating because there is only so much information a poster or billboard can share; most people who think they know something about a kidnapping would probably be more than eager to call in. But what if, for example, they saw a suspicious person at the store the boys visited that day, not knowing that store was even part of the story?

I've been following the Lyons sisters case for a long time; for all these years, the focus was on one sketch released by police; come to find out 30 years later, there was a different sketch of the now-POI in the case, involved in separate suspicious activity at the time. I know LE has its reasons for releasing certain pieces of information and withholding others, but the clues being given here obviously aren't getting the job done. It's great that attention is being paid to the case, but it's like trying the same thing over and over and expecting a new result. I hope that it happens, though.

We are getting somewhere here. It's a great place to keep sharing more information so others can become informed and up to par. How many people knew until about a month ago in this 25 year old case, that DR didn't become that witness until 2 investigators went to his work the next morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1