MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Jared instinctively began reciting the lords prayer tells me it was brought on by the mans aura, a priest. What church did the kraemers attend? We are going to catch Jareds priest like they caught BTK.
-------------------------
Unless he's already gone to meet his Maker, Sasquatch ... and you know, I still have that icky feeling that tells me if it was a priest who abducted Jacob, that cover up began long ago .... the church is deeply intertwined within this area, in the psyches and lives of many. The power has been emotional and psychological. The abuse of that power and trust is breathtaking and is the personification of the very worst of sin. "Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive"

I find it striking that there were a flurry of attacks in the time leading up to Jacob's abduction and then no more reported. Possibly due to the heavy coverage or the perpetrator fell ill, was imprisoned or moved. (That's if perpetrators were one and the same). I was a few months pregnant with my first son when this happened and it has always haunted me. Wish it could be resolved, especially for the family. What they have gone through is absolute hell IMO.

I find it striking that there were a flurry of attacks in the time leading up to Jacob's abduction and then no more reported. Possibly due to the heavy coverage or the perpetrator fell ill, was imprisoned or moved. (That's if perpetrators were one and the same). I was a few months pregnant with my first son when this happened and it has always haunted me. Wish it could be resolved, especially for the family. What they have gone through is absolute hell IMO.

Actually, there were a handful of reported abduction attempts in the months after Jacob was abducted. A couple in the St Joseph area, and several others around the Twin Cities area.

-------------------------
Unless he's already gone to meet his Maker, Sasquatch ... and you know, I still have that icky feeling that tells me if it was a priest who abducted Jacob, that cover up began long ago .... the church is deeply intertwined within this area, in the psyches and lives of many. The power has been emotional and psychological. The abuse of that power and trust is breathtaking and is the personification of the very worst of sin. "Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive"

au·ra

the distinctive atmosphere or quality that seems to surround and be generated by a person, thing, or place.
"the ceremony retains an aura of mystery"

synonyms: atmosphere, ambience, air, quality, character, mood, feeling, feel, flavor, tone, tenor; More
emanation;

informal vibe

"an aura of sophistication"

•a supposed emanation surrounding the body of a living creature, viewed by mystics, spiritualists, and some practitioners of complementary medicine as the essence of the individual, and allegedly discernible by people with special sensibilities.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Aura+Definition

Jared sensed this man was not your average joe, and began reciting the lords prayer in his presence. This man at the beginning asked Jared in the dark about a local name in the community, the kraemers. How does this man know the kraemers, the top place to look is their church, faith, connection to Saint Johns Abbey. This man is wanted dead or alive, the trail of evidence can lead to his grave.

Actually, there were a handful of reported abduction attempts in the months after Jacob was abducted. A couple in the St Joseph area, and several others around the Twin Cities area.

WOW! Thanks ELOCs. I had not read that anywhere. No one caught? Any similarities re: mo or description? Thanks.

Thanks for this. IMO this is something LE should make the public aware of. These are the updates we need in order to focus the investigation. I realise this is your opinion but if it's true a lot of time has been wasted on the sketch. They constantly ask for the publics help but don't point us in any direction. All these renewed appeals without any new information makes me think they know exactly who they are looking at but can't progress until more evidence comes from someone close to the perp.

I was thinking pretty much the same thing; if it's correct that, as ELOCs says "I believe the man seen at the Tom Thumb store, whose sketch we still see quite often, was actually identified within 5-6 weeks of Jacob's abduction" then this should be something that LE should verify. There's no reason not to; it would make complete sense! I don't live in or near the area, but, it seems like someone should be able to verify this with LE, one way or the other.

It does seem like the local LE has an abnormal sense of keeping information from the public, for no good reason! At least in this case, the argument that 'it's an ongoing investigation' wouldn't have any bearing on whether they could verify whether this individual has in fact, been identified or not. He either has been or he has not!

Quote Originally Posted by ELOCsoul View Post

"Actually, there were a handful of reported abduction attempts in the months after Jacob was abducted. A couple in the St Joseph area, and several others around the Twin Cities area."

WOW! Thanks ELOCs. I had not read that anywhere. No one caught? Any similarities re: mo or description? Thanks.

Yeah, I'm also surprised that we haven't read or heard more about this! Any information available; links? This was 25 years ago.

It was in the papers.

Lots of these could be because of the sense of fear in the state because of Jacob. Maybe they were nothing.

Does anyone have the link to that one picture we do have of DAH...it's like a side profile view of him accepting an award or something?

Does anyone have the link to that one picture we do have of DAH...it's like a side profile view of him accepting an award or something?

The picture is of a swearing in ceremony when DAH joined the job corps. I look at it, and I see two city officials who looked darn happy to be shipping DAH out of town!! But.....He returned to Paynesville....three times.

The picture is of a swearing in ceremony when DAH joined the job corps. I look at it, and I see two city officials who looked darn happy to be shipping DAH out of town!! But.....He came back....three times.

Just seeing that, Jared should know if that was his perp.

au·ra

the distinctive atmosphere or quality that seems to surround and be generated by a person, thing, or place.
"the ceremony retains an aura of mystery"

synonyms: atmosphere, ambience, air, quality, character, mood, feeling, feel, flavor, tone, tenor; More
emanation;

informal vibe

"an aura of sophistication"

•a supposed emanation surrounding the body of a living creature, viewed by mystics, spiritualists, and some practitioners of complementary medicine as the essence of the individual, and allegedly discernible by people with special sensibilities.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Aura+Definition

Jared sensed this man was not your average joe, and began reciting the lords prayer in his presence. This man at the beginning asked Jared in the dark about a local name in the community, the kraemers. How does this man know the kraemers, the top place to look is their church, faith, connection to Saint Johns Abbey. This man is wanted dead or alive, the trail of evidence can lead to his grave.

Jared has stated in interviews he has no idea why he started reciting the Lords Prayer. He may have felt he was going to be killed. Not buying any "aura'. Sorry.

I see Mossad posted the link. I'm curious about something about that picture; I've been familiar with it for a while now. It may seem silly because it's a really old picture, I think 1965 and it's black and white; but, when I look at that picture, for whatever reason, it seems to me that he looks like a redhead. Does anyone happen to know whether that's the case or not? I'm also not certain how relevant that may be, but, it would be good to know all 'facts' possible. His hair color, especially if it's red, could be relevant.

Forgive me, as I know this must have been gone over dozens of time, but what is the precise description Jared gave of his attacker?

With regard to the aura Sasquatch referenced, ugh, I know what he means ..................... you know, there are some suspects whose faces Jared will probably never see ...... perhaps yet another reason this case remains unsolved after 25 years and counting

Forgive me, as I know this must have been gone over dozens of time, but what is the precise description Jared gave of his attacker?

With regard to the aura Sasquatch referenced, ugh, I know what he means ..................... you know, there are some suspects whose faces Jared will probably never see ...... perhaps yet another reason this case remains unsolved after 25 years and counting

Description that was in newspaper:
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/ColdSpringRecord.jpg.html?sort=4&o=11

It's difficult to read, but there is an enlarge button in the upper right.

Here's from Joy's blog; Jared's Story; http://www.joybaker.com/2013/08/11/jareds-story/

"Here are some other details Jared remembers:
•The guy was stocky, about 5′ 8″ with husky shoulders, and weighed between 180-190 pounds.
•He had a low-pitched, raspy voice.
•He had big ears that stuck out in the back.
•Early news reports stated that the man was wearing “military fatigues and black military boots,” but Jared discounts this description. “He didn’t look like he just came back from Fort Ripley or anything,” he said. The man’s pants were baggy… like cargo pants, possibly military-issued… but not “camouflaged.”"

That would be my main reference, and I guess also, what Jared said on "The Hunt" from CNN, which I have recorded. As I remember, his main description then was that the guy was 'about the same size as Jacob's abductor, same low-raspy voice, and similar demeanor' - that's pretty much what he said. I think the size is pretty interesting because, he says 5' 8" between 180-190 lbs; Trevor said Jacob's abductor was about the same size as Merle Jerzak; who then stated he was 5' 10" 195 lbs.

Seems to me that it wouldn't be completely impossible for Jared to get an idea from seeing an early pic of DAH, or whoever, but, couldn't be conclusive. I would however expect that he's probably been able to view other pics of DAH, which would be closer in time to 1989, or, however close they could get. I know he's stated that he's seen a lot of pics. I think that even back then, and since then, they've run pretty much every suspect by him; to whatever extent, I'm not certain, but, I believe he's been pretty involved in reviewing suspect photos.

ps: Shergal's response wasn't up, when I started my response. Second time this has happened to me.

Description that was in newspaper:
http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/ColdSpringRecord.jpg.html?sort=4&o=11

It's difficult to read, but there is an enlarge button in the upper right.

For what it's worth, I used the zoom and went ahead and transcribed the two paragraphs describing the suspect:

"A suspect described as a white male approximately mid 30' to early 40's, 5' 8" tall, 170 lbs. (small gut) broad shoulders, rough dark skin, large ears, large nose, and dark hair."

"He was wearing a military issue green camouflage shirt and pants, black boots, gray vest, and brown baseball cap."

I see here, the description is around 170, but, Jared was only 12, going on 13 at the time; I assume he's adjusted that a little. I like this though because this is the first description that I've seen of the guys 'rough dark skin, large nose and dark hair.'

Also though, in a relatively recent post on Joy's blog, Jared, says not to make too much of some of what was reported early on.

Here's the first sentence from the first three paragraphs:

"The details that I provided for my case were gathered over many sessions with law enforcement, and were written down in the way they interpreted my description....."

"Brainstorming on these details is good, but don’t focus on them as facts. I was just a kid....."

"Sooooooo. That’s the day the military fatigue pants became cargo pants. Being let go because of the Lord’s Prayer was just an assumption that he heard me mumbling in the back seat. Maybe he didn’t....."

Just going to throw out another thought here about this guy maybe being church affiliated. It was said in Jareds story that the perp kept asking Jared if he knew who he was after he had attacked him, I'm wondering then, did this questioning happen after Jared mumbled the lords prayer and because of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahartley1978