MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The man asked Jared if he knew who he was. Jared said he did not. “It’s OK to talk about this,” the man said. “But if they ever come close to finding out who I am, I’ll find you after school, and I’ll kill you.”

"It's OK to talk about this"

This quote has been ringing in my ears lately, does that not sound like something a priest would say? To me it does, this is a tough one.

http://www.joybaker.com/2013/08/11/jareds-story/

I would also mention that the perp referenced to the Kraemers, priests generally talk of people like this.

"Was he a religious man or clergy member who became remorseful when he heard Jared reciting the Lord’s Prayer?"

This is what I'm talkin about, Sasquatch. "It's okay to talk about this" also suggests the perp also may have had some training in counseling. But I think he said it as a "rote" response -- something he's said quite often in his sessions with students perhaps

Wow. Great points Sasquatch!! These are not the words of a typical sex offender....this is an educated/organized man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The man asked Jared if he knew who he was. Jared said he did not. “It’s OK to talk about this,” the man said. “But if they ever come close to finding out who I am, I’ll find you after school, and I’ll kill you.”

This quote has been ringing in my ears lately, does that not sound like something a priest would say? To me it does, this is a tough one.

I would also mention that the perp referenced to the Kraemers, priests generally talk of people like this.

"Was he a religious man or clergy member who became remorseful when he heard Jared reciting the Lord’s Prayer?"

Totally agree with this, Sasquatch. And he was so worried if Jared recognized him - maybe from the pulpit or as some other well know figure in town.

I can't see DAH (or any other local perv) either asking or caring if Jared recognized him or not.

What is the history of online discussion about Jacob's case? I believe that online forums became popular around the mid-90s. WS was started in 1997...was Jacob's case discussed back then? Or did the 2010 developments revive online interest in the case? Thread #1 for the case was started in 2004 and had about 535 posts when it was closed in 2010.

The date in the middle is the offense date. The date on top is when the charges were filed.
Used my speeding ticket document to confirm.......his radar was wrong too by the way....

View attachment 64595

You seem to have a lot of knowledge about court and criminal issues.

Could you figure out a way to get DAH's mugshot?

We know it is public record. So it has to be available .

TIA

Are the Kraemers catholic? Were they regularly attending a church at the time? Had they recently made a donation? Yes, are the kraemers catholic?

This is what I'm talkin about, Sasquatch. "It's okay to talk about this" also suggests the perp also may have had some training in counseling. But I think he said it as a "rote" response -- something he's said quite often in his sessions with students perhaps
I would say counselor, social worker or teacher. Having been around priests every day of my life, they do not ever speak about sex and do not believe it would be normal for a kid to speak about a mortal sin. Some have sex, but never speak about it even with their closest friends.

The other thing I would say is that priests are groomers, even if they are not in a church they can normally convince an old woman to send their troublesome grandchild in for some quality time. Why go kidnap a child when they have access to several hundred?

I would say counselor, social worker or teacher. Having been around priests every day of my life, they do not ever speak about sex and do not believe it would be normal for a kid to speak about a mortal sin. Some have sex, but never speak about it even with their closest friends.

The other thing I would say is that priests are groomers, even if they are not in a church they can normally convince an old woman to send their troublesome grandchild in for some quality time. Why go kidnap a child when they have access to several hundred?

I disagree. Priests have more power over children than almost anyone. It's not necessary to groom them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What threats did Jared's perp use, and how do you know this? TIA.
What Joy has reported. "I have a gun." "I'll find you find if you figure out its me." If you read priest abuse literature, this is not their MO.

No inside information from me, I was 10 and my brother went to school in that general area.

What Joy has reported. "I have a gun." "I'll find you find if you figure out its me." If you read priest abuse literature, this is not their MO.

No inside information from me, I was 10 and my brother went to school in that general area.

"If you figure out it's me," sure indicates that it is a local and someone who could be recognized.

-----------------------------------

It can be if they are a sociopath -- cold, unfeeling, calculating, manipulative and deceiving --

It could happen!

Arrest almost 40 years later
"RCMP have laid charges in connection with the disappearance of 12-year-old Monica Jack and 11-year-old Kathryn-Mary Herbert, who have been missing since the 1970s.

Jack was last seen riding her bike on May 6, 1978 near Nicola Lake. Her body was found in June 1995, north of Merritt.

Herbert disappeared in 1975 while heading home."

http://globalnews.ca/news/1701972/bc...nvestigations/

Pic of perp here..

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/senior-charged-...irls-1.2127782

This is JMHO, but I believe the man seen at the Tom Thumb store, whose sketch we still see quite often, was actually identified within 5-6 weeks of Jacob's abduction. I believe he is the Pleasant Acres (subdivision of St. Joseph) man that barricaded himself in his home, who I also believe he is the same man who confessed to abducting Jacob, but was later diagnosed with Alzheimer's and hospitalized - was the man seen at the Tom Thumb store.

I do not have documented proof of this. However, I have previously noted that investigators did not ask for the public's help in identifying the man at the Tom Thumb store after about November 30, 1989. Yes, the sketches were still publicized - but not associated with investigative pleas - only for follow ups, and very rarely after November 30th.

In my mind, the man at the Tom Thumb store was "solved". My confidence level, 98%. I have long held the opinion that the man was identified, and recently acquired information has corroborated my position.

This also, for me, closes the door (of what little crack was there to begin with) on Delbert Huber as a suspect. Again, these are just my opinions, everyone else is free to draw their own conclusions.

Joy's page here describes Jared's abductors voice in the same way that Jacobs abductors voice has been described.

Joy's page here describes Jared's abductors voice in the same way that Jacobs abductors voice has been described.

The fact that Jared instinctively began reciting the lords prayer tells me it was brought on by the mans aura, a priest. What church did the kraemers attend? We are going to catch Jareds priest like they caught BTK.

This is JMHO, but I believe the man seen at the Tom Thumb store, whose sketch we still see quite often, was actually identified within 5-6 weeks of Jacob's abduction. I believe he is the Pleasant Acres (subdivision of St. Joseph) man that barricaded himself in his home, who I also believe he is the same man who confessed to abducting Jacob, but was later diagnosed with Alzheimer's and hospitalized - was the man seen at the Tom Thumb store.

I do not have documented proof of this. However, I have previously noted that investigators did not ask for the public's help in identifying the man at the Tom Thumb store after about November 30, 1989. Yes, the sketches were still publicized - but not associated with investigative pleas - only for follow ups, and very rarely after November 30th.

In my mind, the man at the Tom Thumb store was "solved". My confidence level, 98%. I have long held the opinion that the man was identified, and recently acquired information has corroborated my position.

This also, for me, closes the door (of what little crack was there to begin with) on Delbert Huber as a suspect. Again, these are just my opinions, everyone else is free to draw their own conclusions.

Thanks for this. IMO this is something LE should make the public aware of. These are the updates we need in order to focus the investigation. I realise this is your opinion but if it's true a lot of time has been wasted on the sketch. They constantly ask for the publics help but don't point us in any direction. All these renewed appeals without any new information makes me think they know exactly who they are looking at but can't progress until more evidence comes from someone close to the perp.

Has anyone ever asked the police to rule out the man in the sketch as a POI? Social media gives us all the ability to say we are writing a follow up article about the case for the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahartley1978