MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For 25 years WS posters have re-hashed what is known. Most likely LE has done the same, both bringing no substantial results. While it's difficult to look elsewhere when we've been conditioned to certain facts, maybe it's time. I would have no idea where to begin such a search I'm presenting - just mentioning trying something else.

Looking outside the box, WHAT IF:
The abductor was someone who was well off the radar, a loner living alone, perhaps tending a farm, no criminal record. (Stearns Co was plenty rural in 1989 and parts are still rural.)

OR

The perps(s) abducted J for a purpose other than sexual, then took him out of state?

The connections between Jacob and Jareds case-

Gun used in both scenarios, possibly
Raspy Voice
"Run, don't look back, or I'll shoot"
He tells Jared if he tells anyone he will come and find him after school and kill him, 25 years later do we begin to think if it's the same perp that he took retaliation out on Jacob as a statement to Jared and LE?

The connections between Jacob and Jareds case-

Gun used in both scenarios, possibly
Raspy Voice
"Run, don't look back, or I'll shoot"
He tells Jared if he tells anyone he will come and find him after school and kill him, 25 years later do we begin to think if it's the same perp that he took retaliation out on Jacob as a statement to Jared and LE?

Also, they both happened at night, in the dark. I think Jared's incident was 10-10:30pm? And both small towns, close in proximity, boys the same age.

I know I am the broken record, but with the revelation of why we never saw DAH mugshot, it makes sense.

So I want to know what sense it makes naming DR POI and digging up the farm and taking the items LE did.

As far as being thorough, LE checked on the guy from Japan that was at the Del Win. Isn't that quite intense?

I'm not putting much faith in any sketches as far as deciding whether that person could be the perp or not. There is not a public sketch of Jacobs abductor. Jared helped with his perps sketch when he was what, 12? There is really no reason to believe these sketches are even accurate. I think it is best to focus on the dozens of sketchy, shady pedophiles and other criminals in the area in 1989. I think ELOCs book is going to blow this out of the water.

Yes Jared was only 12, however he said that he spent 10 hours with an FBI sketch artist that was specifically flown in to work with him. So, I do think the sketch has a great chance of being accurate. And 12 isn't that young...its not like a 4 year old trying to describe features.

But yes I agree that ELOC's book will blow this case up. This might finally be the best shot at solving this case.

ELOC, did you consult with the Wetterlings at all for your book, and/or do they know about it, have they read it, etc?

Just my view - sketch of man with baseball cap does not look like DAH or DR - but is a dead ringer for an earlier suspect. Looking forward to reading ELOC's book!! When the book is released I would like to donate copies to certain local libraries in Stearns County.

Yes Jared was only 12, however he said that he spent 10 hours with an FBI sketch artist that was specifically flown in to work with him. So, I do think the sketch has a great chance of being accurate. And 12 isn't that young...its not like a 4 year old trying to describe features.

But yes I agree that ELOC's book will blow this case up. This might finally be the best shot at solving this case.
That sketch is for jarods case, we have no idea what Jacobs abductor looks like.

ELOC, did you consult with the Wetterlings at all for your book, and/or do they know about it, have they read it, etc?

I have an FAQ on the Searching for Jacob Wetterling Facebook page that addresses that and other questions.

To answer your question, I am in no way affiliated with the Wetterling family. I did contact them about the book in February, to let them know who I was and what my intentions were. I did not ask them to contribute to the book because all the information from their perspective is already in print. The book will be a straight ahead account of the search for Jacob Wetterling, based on research and documented information, much of which cannot be disclosed on this website.

I can tell you that I have passed on information to investigators that they were not aware of, and in fact very few people were aware of other than the sources themselves. My first commitment is to helping to solve the case, and I have put that above the book, passing on information to investigators and others who are working to solve the case. That's been difficult at times because the sharing the information has generally not been reciprocated.

Most importantly, the book will be highly respectful of the Wetterling family, and presented in an objective manner to let them reader draw their own conclusions.

That sketch is for jarods case, we have no idea what Jacobs abductor looks like.

I'm well aware this is Jared's sketch. I never said it was from Jacobs case....?? I also believe a 12 year old is old enough to give an accurate description

I'm well aware this is Jared's sketch. I never said it was from Jacobs case....?? I also believe a 12 year old is old enough to give an accurate description
I didn't mean it badly in any way, I'm just saying that the sketch being used is irrelavent in Jacobs case.

Questions about Jared's experience.

1) was there ever any investigation as to why he was taken to the location in Richmond, MN?

2) where is "Bell's Hill"?

3) he stated that he traveled back roads between Richmond and cold spring. But looking on Google maps there really aren't back roads. Was 23 considered a back road or was the route a really long about way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------------------------------------------------------------

Agree with you Notebook. Jared must have gotten a pretty good look at his assailant. What concerns me is that he may never see pictures of other potential suspects. Such a shame.

Questions about Jared's experience.

1) was there ever any investigation as to why he was taken to the location in Richmond, MN?

2) where is "Bell's Hill"?

3) he stated that he traveled back roads between Richmond and cold spring. But looking on Google maps there really aren't back roads. Was 23 considered a back road or was the route a really long about way?

1) LE took Jared on a ride to see if he could determine the location of the assault. Apparently a distinct light from a silo was witnessed by Jared during the assault
2) Bell's Hill....I haven't found it but I'm sure locals know exactly where it is.
3) Backroads from Cold Spring to Richmond....there are backroads if you proceed north by west out of Cold Spring. Keep in mind 4-5 miles.

I think there's more to this story than is known.

I have an FAQ on the Searching for Jacob Wetterling Facebook page that addresses that and other questions.

To answer your question, I am in no way affiliated with the Wetterling family. I did contact them about the book in February, to let them know who I was and what my intentions were. I did not ask them to contribute to the book because all the information from their perspective is already in print. The book will be a straight ahead account of the search for Jacob Wetterling, based on research and documented information, much of which cannot be disclosed on this website.

I can tell you that I have passed on information to investigators that they were not aware of, and in fact very few people were aware of other than the sources themselves. My first commitment is to helping to solve the case, and I have put that above the book, passing on information to investigators and others who are working to solve the case. That's been difficult at times because the sharing the information has generally not been reciprocated.

Most importantly, the book will be highly respectful of the Wetterling family, and presented in an objective manner to let them reader draw their own conclusions.

I think the book will be a great accomplishment. 25 years holds alot of information, so much that having it all closer together will make it easier for anyone to get involved. And who knows, maybe the book will fall into the right hands and spark a needed memory.

1) LE took Jared on a ride to see if he could determine the location of the assault. Apparently a distinct light from a silo was witnessed by Jared during the assault
2) Bell's Hill....I haven't found it but I'm sure locals know exactly where it is.
3) Backroads from Cold Spring to Richmond....there are backroads if you proceed north by west out of Cold Spring. Keep in mind 4-5 miles.

I think there's more to this story than is known.

I know, but why Richmond? Why that location next to a distinct light?

If we can determine where this Bell hill is then we can guess the direction of travel and timing. What is the connection?

Did the man then turn around or keep driving back through town?

I know, but why Richmond? Why that location next to a distinct light?

If we can determine where this Bell hill is then we can guess the direction of travel and timing. What is the connection?

Did the man then turn around or keep driving back through town?

He also drove him to this secluded location (safe spot) in the dark. This man is very familiar with the road and location. He has been there before, maybe alot. Its too bad people around there couldnt know who might be there.

Richmond is a reference point. As is the distinct light....beyond that I cannot say. Bell's Hill is a drop off point.....wish I could find it. I'm wondering where it is because according to Joy's blog it's 2 miles from Jared's house...that's a LONG hike for a 12 year old boy in the middle of the night after having been assaulted. I assume the perp drove back towards Cold Spring from whence he came then stopped short of Cold Spring and told the boy(Jared) to run. The perp must have known that Jared would follow the road home. I'm guessing that Jared was dropped off either on Glenwood Rd or Hwy50 and thus close enough to know the way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member