MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does look like a stopping print, or it could be afterwards when whoever made casts just tossed them all over the tire tracks. :gaah:

Or it could be some kind of rock issue. When you think of starting and stopping on a dirt road, there is more spin of debris.

Here is a link to a video from awhile back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDMn6kpowoI If you pay attention from 14-19 seconds... I think that statement is a simple yet powerful clue in this case given how dark it was that night and that the perp was somehow confident enough that there was no adult present in the group.

Here is a link to a video from awhile back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDMn6kpowoI If you pay attention from 14-19 seconds... I think that statement is a simple yet powerful clue in this case given how dark it was that night and that the perp was somehow confident enough that there was no adult present in the group.

That's why I think it's very likely it was someone in the area... very close to where the Wetterlings lived. That's one reason I don't really believe Jacob's case is tied to the Paynesville cases (unless the perp in the Paynesville cases moved to St Joseph or I guess lived there to begin with which I don't think is likely). I think it was someone very close by who just happened to see the perfect opportunity and took it.

I think he had to have quick access to the black nylon mask and that's why he used it is because he could easily be recognized if he lived in the community/neighborhood. To me it just seems unlikely he wasn't from the area and carried around a black mask/nylons just in case he saw an opportunity wherever he went. I guess that would still make sense but it seems less likely and convenient.

Wow!! Never thought of the no adult present angle!!!!

That seems to leave two possible options -- it was either a crime of opportunity, the perpetrator being in the right place or the right time, right there -- had fantasized about doing exactly this for a long time and finally got his chance. Or, alternatively, it might have been someone who had seen Jacob before, for example, earlier in the day at the hockey tryouts, and watched him -- followed him, saw him at the Thumb later without a parent, saw his chance, already had his special things in place should the opportunity arise (mask, gun), maybe done this kind of thing before and felt emboldened and confident in his ability to capture his prey.

That seems to leave two possible options -- it was either a crime of opportunity, the perpetrator being in the right place or the right time, right there -- had fantasized about doing exactly this for a long time and finally got his chance. Or, alternatively, it might have been someone who had seen Jacob before, for example, earlier in the day at the hockey tryouts, and watched him -- followed him, saw him at the Thumb later without a parent, saw his chance, already had his special things in place should the opportunity arise (mask, gun), maybe done this kind of thing before and felt emboldened and confident in his ability to capture his prey.

Somewhere on Joy's blog, I don't have a link right now, I remember reading there were other boys of similar age in the vicinity that would often bike home around that time. My impression was Jacob may not have been the intended target, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. If the Paynesville perp had stalked other neighborhood boys and Jacob was heartbreakingly unlucky, perp wouldn't have to be local? I'll see if I can find a link.

Somewhere on Joy's blog, I don't have a link right now, I remember reading there were other boys of similar age in the vicinity that would often bike home around that time. My impression was Jacob may not have been the intended target, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. If the Paynesville perp had stalked other neighborhood boys and Jacob was heartbreakingly unlucky, perp wouldn't have to be local? I'll see if I can find a link.
It's in her Paynesville discourse I believe

I can't get access to any of the clipsyndicate.com videos. I think it must be because I'm on a tablet. Bummer. I have wanted to see the KSTP with DR video since I started following Jacob's case.

Just trying to put more pieces in the puzzle. Why did DR came up the story of the car with the crazy driver that he saw in the afternoon? Police would soon figure out tracks and a crazy driver like he explained would throw gravel which would be easy to determine if it happened or not. Must not have happened or they would still be looking for the car. Wouldn't the eyewitness of the car right after the kidnapping have been enough to explain what might have happened to Jacob, Without throwing in the afternoon car story in the mix.

Like I said, I believe someone within the community did this... possibly DR, possibly not. Sorry if I already stated this theory but I also have a feeling he may have had a guest that night and he's covering for them because confessing that he knew the perp abducted Jacob (and possibly helped the perp) would make him an accessory to the abduction. I noticed so many red flags during the KSTP interview. Something just isn't right with him. And I don't believe it's just nerves or awkwardness.

Those are my main theories. But lately I've wondered if a LE officer didn't abduct Jacob. I just can't get over how it seems like the perfect crime. Either the perp is highly knowledgable about crime/crime scenes/abductions, or he was just extremely lucky. The luckiest kidnapper I've ever heard about, anyway. Leaving virtually no evidence or indication of who he might be.

Sorry if I've gone over this before and am repeating myself. Just thinking out loud about the things that constantly nag at me.

Just trying to put more pieces in the puzzle. Why did DR came up the story of the car with the crazy driver that he saw in the afternoon? Police would soon figure out tracks and a crazy driver like he explained would throw gravel which would be easy to determine if it happened or not. Must not have happened or they would still be looking for the car. Wouldn't the eyewitness of the car right after the kidnapping have been enough to explain what might have happened to Jacob, Without throwing in the afternoon car story in the mix.

You say why and I'll say when, when did DR come up with this story? 2010?

Like I said, I believe someone within the community did this... possibly DR, possibly not. Sorry if I already stated this theory but I also have a feeling he may have had a guest that night and he's covering for them because confessing that he knew the perp abducted Jacob (and possibly helped the perp) would make him an accessory to the abduction. I noticed so many red flags during the KSTP interview. Something just isn't right with him. And I don't believe it's just nerves or awkwardness.

Those are my main theories. But lately I've wondered if a LE officer didn't abduct Jacob. I just can't get over how it seems like the perfect crime. Either the perp is highly knowledgable about crime/crime scenes/abductions, or he was just extremely lucky. The luckiest kidnapper I've ever heard about, anyway. Leaving virtually no evidence or indication of who he might be.

Sorry if I've gone over this before and am repeating myself. Just thinking out loud about the things that constantly nag at me.

I'm going to say extremely lucky. Because the theory of a vehicle involved says he most likely pulled into and parked 100 feet into the driveway, then walks back to the road to do the abduction, then walks back to the vehicle, and then essentially takes Jacob home for all he knows. Now looking at this picture if this the scenario, I would say the black line indicates the point where I would think I could be taking the kid I just abducted home, and would turn around there instead of in front of the house-

RassierFarmCloseup.jpg

1. 2 red lines-Walking from the parked car and back to the parked car
2. Black circle- The parked car
3. Yellow dots- The path of the car after putting Jacob in the vehicle, proceeding all the way into the building site and turning around in front of the house.
4. Black Line- The point at which in my opinion indicates you're entering a building site and not a through road.

I'm going to say extremely lucky. Because the theory of a vehicle involved says he most likely pulled into and parked 100 feet into the driveway, then walks back to the road to do the abduction, then walks back to the vehicle, and then essentially takes Jacob home for all he knows. Now looking at this picture if this the scenario, I would say the black line indicates the point where I would think I could be taking the kid I just abducted home, and would turn around there instead of in front of the house-

View attachment 68719

1. 2 red lines-Walking from the parked car and back to the parked car
2. Black circle- The parked car
3. Yellow dots- The path of the car after putting Jacob in the vehicle, proceeding all the way into the building site and turning around in front of the house.
4. Black Line- The point at which in my opinion indicates you're entering a building site and not a through road.

Neat map. But I believe the red line is twice as long as it should be, and therefore the footprints/parked car would need to be located.

Please remember that he is a teacher so he is on stage all day in front of students. He also performs with his music. He also teaches classes to children in after school programs.

He was some kind of coach and advisor to student groups.

In addition, he teaches at St. John's which costs $40,000 a year to attend.

If you google, you can see a course syllabus he has printed inline.

He is incredibly stern . I have posted this in the past on WS.

He also tells his students that if they miss class, they have ro make it up with him.

Nowadays, being alone with a student is taking a huge risk. And in his situation, even more so.

Strikes me as quite arrogant to ignore the pitfalls of meeting with students one on one. Strange

That's standard operating procedure with music teachers. I know several of them. They constantly get cancellations, no-shows. Music teachers have to be kind of stern when it comes to scheduling since it's their bread and butter. It's actually gotten worse in recent years in that after school activities compete for time when teachers could be teaching music. School sports, clubs, scouting, explorer posts.

So they've had to be kind of demanding because lots of parents see music education as "optional" since they can't concieve music education as having a value in the working world.

Neat map. But I believe the red line is twice as long as it should be, and therefore the footprints/parked car would need to be located.

WOW, Eloc your statement about the line being twice as long as it should be makes me wonder, was there was a campsite or camper at the spot that the house that appears to be on Rassier property and exits on 91 st ave now sits?? Do the footprints or any kind of vehicle prints make a right angled turn where you think that Jacobs footprints end?

WOW, Eloc your statement about the line being twice as long as it should be makes me wonder, was there was a campsite or camper at the spot that the house that appears to be on Rassier property and exits on 91 st ave now sits?? Do the footprints or any kind of vehicle prints make a right angled turn where you think that Jacobs footprints end?

Not a bad thought, but I'm pretty certain that there was a wire fence all along the north edge of the DR driveway.

That's standard operating procedure with music teachers. I know several of them. They constantly get cancellations, no-shows. Music teachers have to be kind of stern when it comes to scheduling since it's their bread and butter. It's actually gotten worse in recent years in that after school activities compete for time when teachers could be teaching music. School sports, clubs, scouting, explorer posts.

So they've had to be kind of demanding because lots of parents see music education as "optional" since they can't concieve music education as having a value in the working world.

Just talking about his commanding presence and his asking to meet with students alone.

This letter is for college students, not another age.

So, the trace blood from DR'S barn can't be Jacobs or there would be an arrest, arraignmebt, trial. I think that would be enough for a conviction along with circumstantial evidence. do you generous folk agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl