MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year I visited the site of the abduction for the first time with information from LE that their theory had changed to someone on foot. I know what I saw, I know what I felt, and it's still unchanged. Looking at the big picture and getting to know and see DR I believe we have a problem there.

Last year I visited the site of the abduction for the first time with information from LE that their theory had changed to someone on foot. I know what I saw, I know what I felt, and it's still unchanged. Looking at the big picture and getting to know and see DR I believe we have a problem there.

I remember you saying you visited the site of the abduction but I didn't know you met DR?? Or are you talking about figuratively getting to know him through what LE has revealed?

If you met him can you please expand on your experience?

(Sorry if you talked about this before and I missed it)

I remember you saying you visited the site of the abduction but I didn't know you met DR?? Or are you talking about figuratively getting to know him through what LE has revealed?

If you met him can you please expand on your experience?

(Sorry if you talked about this before and I missed it)

I haven't met him and won't I'm sure. But I wouldnt mind meeting with him one on one to look him in the eye and ask him some of my new new questions.

I have met Patty. She is a class act.

Wholesome 60's hippies. I'm sure some of their behaviors and beliefs did not conform to stearns county orthodoxy.

I hope that LE took another look at this after Kevin came forward in 2003…

Paper: St. Paul Pioneer Press (MN)
Title: FBI KIDNAPPER PROFILE SUGGESTS WHITE LONER
Date: October 26, 1989

The hopes of investigators were momentarily raised Wednesday when police discovered an abandoned car in Ramsey County near Lake Owasso that they thought might have been used by the kidnapper.

However, investigators said they soon ruled out the red 1987 Mercury, in part because its tire tracks did not match plaster casts made of tracks at the scene of the abduction in St. Joseph.

The car was found by police at the south end of Lake Owasso after a Twin Cities television station said it had received a tip that a body had been tossed into the lake from a small red car.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives

The hopes of investigators were momentarily raised Wednesday when police discovered an abandoned car in Ramsey County near Lake Owasso that they thought might have been used by the kidnapper.

However, investigators said they soon ruled out the red 1987 Mercury, in part because its tire tracks did not match plaster casts made of tracks at the scene of the abduction in St. Joseph.

The car was found by police at the south end of Lake Owasso after a Twin Cities television station said it had received a tip that a body had been tossed into the lake from a small red car.

Does anyone know what kind of car DR drove or of any other cars driven by anyone else who would have had reason to have their car tracks found on DRs driveway?

Interesting! I have not heard of this! how come the link isn't working?

Thanks now this is very interesting...there is no way dr did it imo. This lead makes a lot of sense

I hope your book is on schedule to be released soon. I am eager to read it. Is it on track to hit Amazon in early March 2015?

A good lead checked out and debunked. This red car they were looking for was also accounted for when the art student came forward.

I haven't met him and won't I'm sure. But I wouldnt mind meeting with him one on one to look him in the eye and ask him some of my new new questions.

Thanks for clarifying! Yeah, a one on one conversation would definitely be interesting.

I just now finally watched one of the news videos of him. I'm not sure why but for the longest time I was scared to hear his voice. It sounds weird but the thought of hearing the possible perp's voice creeped me out so much. (I'm definitely not saying he is for sure the perp or that I'm totally convinced he is, but just the thought of hearing ANYONE it could be just creeps me out). It's weird. But I don't know what to make of it (his voice).

Thanks for clarifying! Yeah, a one on one conversation would definitely be interesting.

I just now finally watched one of the news videos of him. I'm not sure why but for the longest time I was scared to hear his voice. It sounds weird but the thought of hearing the possible perp's voice creeped me out so much. (I'm definitely not saying he is for sure the perp or that I'm totally convinced he is, but just the thought of hearing ANYONE it could be just creeps me out). It's weird. But I don't know what to make of it (his voice).

I wonder which video this is, could you provide the link?

A good lead checked out and debunked. This red car they were looking for was also accounted for when the art student came forward.

Just because a red car that was spotted in the St. Joseph area was ruled out, does not mean all red cars, or any other cars, were ruled out. This particular car, by the lake, was said to be abandoned, which is odd considering it was only 3 years old. Also, the reason it was ruled out was because it's tire treads didn't match. If Kevin's story is true, then it would be expected the treads on the 1987 car wouldn't match, if Kevin had driven over them. Remember, at that time LE was looking for one car that was seen on the driveway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019