MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how we'd find out which hockey rink Jacob & his dad were at on 10/22. Is there more than one rink in St. Joseph?

I wonder how we'd find out which hockey rink Jacob & his dad were at on 10/22. Is there more than one rink in St. Joseph?

It was Municipal arena, in St. Cloud.

I just read Jaycee Dugard's memoir, "A Stolen Life". If anyone had doubts about how quickly an abducted child becomes dependent on their abductor, they need to read this book...

Sorry I have not been on in awhile but what i was talking about is when u sighn on to websleuths and scroll down you see missing but not forgotton and whatever case has the last post is the one you will see visible ..and all i was saying is because it seems way more attention then any other case in missing but not forgotten which clearly it does as like i said every time i sign on wetterling is the case that has the last post meaning again its the most popular ..so all i was suggesting is why not just move the most popular case aka wetterling case to the same spot that u have JBR or west memphis case or somewhere that u can specifically go for just the wetterling case .this is what i was trying to say...

I just read Jaycee Dugard's memoir, "A Stolen Life". If anyone had doubts about how quickly an abducted child becomes dependent on their abductor, they need to read this book...

I read this recently as well, completely agree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have read her book, too. It's not an easy read because she doesn't sugar coat anything. I would also suggest this book if you want to know what she had to endure. She's amazing for being able to tell her story.

Probably nothing, but Mackinaw is just over an hour away from Forrest…

La Crosse Tribune (WI)
October 26, 1990

CITY POLICE TRY TO LINK MAN TO WETTERLING
Article Text:
La Crosse police are investigating a report that a man fitting the description of Jacob Wetterling's abductor was seen in La Crosse Thursday.
Wetterling was 11 years old when he was abducted near his St. Joseph, Minn., home on Oct. 22, 1989.
According to a police report, an employee of the Quillin's IGA Shelby store, 3954 Mormon Coulee Road, said a man who looked like the composite drawing ofWetterling's abductor asked for change and made calls from a pay phone about 3 p.m.
The employee said the man looked nervous and left in a tan-colored Chevrolet Citation.
Police said a license plate check of the car came back to a man from Mackinaw, Ill. Mackinaw authorities will be notified of the report for further investigation, police said.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we...ountid=AC0114122612464013312&s_upgradeable=no

I have read her book, too. It's not an easy read because she doesn't sugar coat anything. I would also suggest this book if you want to know what she had to endure. She's amazing for being able to tell her story.
I love this theory because it would mean he's alive. He'd have to be somewhere extremely rural and out of the country.

I asked this question as well as if anyone knew if XQ is still a hockey coach but it got deleted for some reason. So...I'm confused...is it ok if I ask questions about XQ as long as names aren't mentioned? Or is asking if he's still a hockey coach against the rules too? I didn't think it was but it appears my message was deleted for some reason and I'm guessing it violated a rule. I just want to double check what's ok/not ok..

That is so true! But Jacob did come from an intact loving family so it would be more difficult to manipulate him as quickly

That is so true! But Jacob did come from an intact loving family so it would be more difficult to manipulate him as quickly

Yup Jacob is too headstrong and old enough to fall victim to a psychopath and give up.

intact family, loving family, non loving family, this is still an 11 year old child who was pretty dependent on his parents for most things- food clothing and shelter. An 11 year old child will probably do whatever they want in order to stay alive.

If posts are disappearing it is probably because you guys are sleuthing an individual who is off limits, which in general would include those who have neither been named as a POI/suspect, nor convicted of a relevant offense.

intact family, loving family, non loving family, this is still an 11 year old child who was pretty dependent on his parents for most things- food clothing and shelter. An 11 year old child will probably do whatever they want in order to stay alive.

I totally agree. The Stockholm Syndrome is well documented with adults who should be more emotionaly intact.

I think of Anne Frank, though. What an amazing child she was.

To me the Wetterlings are an inspiration. Their family exudes love. They have never given up. They have helped so many people.

A beacon of contrast to the darkness of the abductor.

I feel those who wish can be inspired by the love . Making things better in this world.

So...I'm confused...is it ok if I ask questions about XQ as long as names aren't mentioned?
(rsbm)

Hi, pwesterner.

No, it's not okay to ask questions about that individual. He's never been named as a POI, and to my knowledge he is not even a RSO. Even if he were, there are limitations on sleuthing RSO's.

Also, a reminder to everyone, discussion of the rules should not take place in the threads. Per TOS, if any of you have a question, please address it in a pm to a mod or admin. Don't depend on other members to advise you.

Thanks.

Bessie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads