MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot wait to get a copy of ELOC's book!! As the old adage goes, knowledge is power. My attitude is, shine a light into every hidden space where truth might reside. I'm not entirely sure whether Joy is on the right track with DAH as being Jared's perp. Then again, if Jared is convinced DAH is the culprit I suppose that carries quite a bit of weight. Someone out there knows something about Jacob's disappearance. This book might be the motivator a fearful soul needs to speak up. I pray this is so -- time's a wastin.

Have a hard time believing that the Wetterling's are not media savvy enough to realize that the only way to get people interested in a self-published book is to talk about how no one should read it and it is not factual.

That is why I doubt it is on their radar other than curiosity.

Have a hard time believing that the Wetterling's are not media savvy enough to realize that the only way to get people interested in a self-published book is to talk about how no one should read it and it is not factual.

That is why I doubt it is on their radar other than curiosity.

So you are saying that they are not supporting the book to bring more attention to it? I can't buy that one.

So you are saying that they are not supporting the book to bring more attention to it? I can't buy that one.
No, I just doubt they have strong feelings about it. Or, if they do, Patty's media people would suggest she keep her mouth shut. I think the suggested Wetterling objections stem from another source close to parts of the investigation.

Tomorrow is Jacob's 37th birthday! Wishing him a Happy Birthday wherever he is, and praying he comes home soon.

Wondering what past reactions have been, have there been independent examinations of the case before that didn't include the investigator going to the Wetterlings to seek out their blessing?

I have to wonder if there is undermining going on because of other people who wish they had come out with a book first

Thinking of you on your birthday, Jacob.
We're still searching for you! Send us a clue from wherever you may be?

I have to wonder if there is undermining going on because of other people who wish they had come out with a book first

Or already have a book in the works and ELOC unknowingly preempted it.

I think the family realizes that the more they talk about the book, the more attention it will get, and the more potential customers. Unless there is something very insulting and controversial in the book (obviously there isn't...just hypothetical), I think a lot of people would be critical of them being against the book. Considering that the family hasn't shared any substanial reason why they do not want the book published, perhaps they just feel like they should be the ones to publicize the first book about the case? Or considering how involved and active the family is in getting media coverage for the case, perhaps they aren't used to something coming out, that they have zero invovlement in?

The family isn't going to criticize the book to get more publicity. Overthinking it

I think the family realizes that the more they talk about the book, the more attention it will get, and the more potential customers. Unless there is something very insulting and controversial in the book (obviously there isn't...just hypothetical), I think a lot of people would be critical of them being against the book. Considering that the family hasn't shared any substanial reason why they do not want the book published, perhaps they just feel like they should be the ones to publicize the first book about the case? Or considering how involved and active the family is in getting media coverage for the case, perhaps they aren't used to something coming out, that they have zero invovlement in?
Honestly, I have not seen anything where Patty, Jerry or the kids talk about Eloc's book. So, conjecture on what they feel about it is speculative.

In the past, Patty has been such an inspiration because she turned a tragedy into something so wonderful in terms of childhood protection. In fact, this week marks the 25th anniversary of the JW foundation.

I believe other people may be speaking for PW in re It Can't Happen Here

I finally had a chance to listen to the podcast on Joy’s blog. There was about 5 minutes of the 52 that had some good discussion in my opinion. What bothers me with Jared believing DAH is his perp...is the simple fact that LE would’ve been able to link him for sure right away after his arrest. They mentioned DAH was good at putting vehicles in other people’s names etc…but you would think LE would’ve been able to check out the vehicles he had driven recently or had access to in order to match Jared’s vehicle description. If they found a century or celebrity the case was closed... and this was simple police work 101…so I’m very skeptical... especially when you throw in the fact of not picking him out of line ups.

This is the problem, only LE has the full set of facts for each potential suspect. I'm not sure if it wise for Joy or anyone to adamantly promote, if you will, a particular suspect, particularly if LE has not made a definitive link.

While I am on the fence about DR, it is true that he is the only named POI in Jacob's case. But what about Jared's case? I have never heard LE outlining any evidence or providing information that points to DAH as being involved in Jared's abduction and assault. Further, there is plenty of information that LE has withheld from the public with respect to other unnamed suspects. It really leaves us dancing through the mobius strip year after year.

Twenty five years and no conclusive answers for either case? No progress *at all* either for the Guimond case? What's up with that.

Yes, DAH would be he perfect choice. He is not rich nor powerful, so they must not have had any evidence to hold him.

What did LE use before DNA? Fibers, hair? What?

A long time teacher in a super rich area of MN.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/stor...or-child-*advertiser censored*#at_pco=cfd-1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Before.the.dawn