MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The victimization that occurs in the kind of crime runs deep...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(excerpt from the same article referenced above)

"Trevor, who is 10 years old, does not sleep well anymore. He does not want to go to school. When he is in the classroom, he does not want to participate.

''The class will be reading a story, and Trevor will say: 'Who cares about this? My brother is missing,' '' said his mother, Patty Wetterling.

''And I don't know how to answer him,'' she went on, her eyes welling with tears, ''except to tell him that he's got to get through the fourth grade.''

Incoming dumb question for Tracker or anyone else here -- other cars drove around the area where Jacob was abducted, with various types of vehicles I would assume -- but there was only one set of tracks, or -- was it that there was only one set of tracks that differed from LE's vehicles or --- ?

"The boys ran home and told Rochelle, who called her father. He called 911, and police were on the scene within minutes.

"There were cars pulling up, coming and going, and I just remember looking out their big picture window thinking, 'Jacob's going to end up getting out of one of these cars, and this will all be over,' " Larson says."

By Mary Divine
mdivine@pioneerpress.com
POSTED: 10/22/2009 12:01:00 AM CDT

"Why Jacob? I don't know why, I don't know why," Garber says. "We don't have evidence, but logic tells you that this person didn't drop out of the sky at this intersection and kidnap Jacob. I mean this person had a reason for being there. Look at this area. The area is not an area where you would routinely drive or walk through. ... This criminal didn't just happen to see the kids."

Larson agrees. "I think the guy kind of had an idea in his mind who he was after," he says. "I don't know if he had been following one of us for a while, or kind of keeping track of what our whereabouts were. ... He made a big thing as far as asking our age and having us look at him, so I figure ... that he had been maybe either keeping an eye or watching for the past weeks, days or months or whatever."

Garber says several men emerged as suspects, but no one was charged.

"There are several people who we could not determine whether they did it or not," he says. "We did everything that we could do to determine that. We found them. We talked to them. We tried to trace their movements. We tried so many, many things, and there are several people who still ... I don't know if they did it, but I know that they could have. But I don't know anything we could have done more."

No new answers for Wetterling family after latest investigation

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...erling-family/

St. Joseph, Minn. — The father of a boy abducted in 1989 said the latest investigation, which authorities said Tuesday turned up no new evidence, has left his family in limbo.

"We just, you know, are just -- we're getting tired," Jerry Wetterling said. "We want answers and it's just time. It'd be time to know."

The Stearns County sheriff said that lab work on items taken this summer from a Minnesota farm near the site of 11-year-old Jacob Wetterling's 1989 abduction that has been going on this summer is almost done, and no clues have emerged.

Wetterling said he's grateful to the law enforcement officials, volunteers, and lab technicians who are working hard to find answers to his son's disappearance, but this most recent update has been particularly difficult for him. He said it's hard to predict how he'll feel each time there's a new development.

Remembering Jacob"I've kind of felt sort of empty and I don't know exactly why because this is kind of what I thought might happen," he said.

http://www.kmsp.com/news/local/story.asp?content_id=1622108

Jacob Wetterling Case
2/27/2004

An investigator who worked the Jacob Wetterling case 14 and a half years ago is not giving
up on the theory the 11-year-old was taken by someone in a car.

FOX 9 news first reported new investigators are looking at local suspects from the
neighborhood. That happened after the innocent driver of a car spotted in the area that
night finally came forward.

A now-retired detective told FOX 9 on Friday there may have been another car at the scene
and Jacob's footprints appear to have led to the tire tracks of a parked car.

Judge Sides with Minnesota Sex Offenders

A class-action lawsuit representing more than 700 civilly committed sex offenders, many from Moose Lake, Minnesota, will go to trial in a St. Paul courtroom beginning Monday, February 9, 2015, after a federal judge denied the state of Minnesota and its defendants summary judgment.

In a 43-page ruling filed Monday, February 2, 2015, U.S. District Judge Donovan Frank scolded the state’s legislative and executive branches for having “let politics, rather than the rule of law and the rights of "all" of their citizens, guide their decisions.” Donovan specifically noted that, in a situation such as this, the federal court may have to step in to protect the rights of the Plaintiffs.

“The interests of justice require that substantial changes be made to Minnesota’s sex offender civil commitment scheme,” Frank wrote.

Patty Wetterling herself has asked people to take a second look to see whether laws like the Jacob Wetterling Crimes Against Children and Sexually Violent Offender Registration Act, signed into law by President Bill Clinton in 1994, are doing more harm than good and should be curbed.

Meanwhile, former federal magistrate Judge Arthur Boylan is now serving as mediator in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings initiated on January 30, 2015, by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, MN. The Archdiocese, which has assets totaling more than $45 million, including about $11 million in real estate, filed bankruptcy in an effort to cope with the economic consequences of its now-legendary epidemic of pederasty in the Catholic priesthood.

As a federal magistrate, Judge Boylan often served as an alternative dispute resolution neutral. For example, Boylan mediated the 2011 National Football League (NFL) lockout dispute and worked on negotiations for 26 sessions over more than 100 days. The NFL Players Association and the NFL Commissioner reached a deal to end the NFL lockout on August 4, 2011, having cancelled only one preseason game, and signed a ten-year collective bargaining agreement. Boylan was appointed a federal magistrate judge on November 1, 1996, and retired from the federal court on January 8, 2014, to return to the private sector. Boylan, the son of Irish immigrant parents who came to the United States in the late 1920s, grew up on the West Side of Chicago. He attended St. Mary’s University in Winona, Minnesota, and graduated from Chicago-Kent College of Law in 1976.

Prior to his federal appointment, Boylan was appointed to the Minnesota State Court for the 8th Judicial District in 1986, where he served as a district court judge in Willmar, Minnesota. Boylan presided over serial pederast prosecutions in Kandiyohi county following the conclusion of the Jacob Wetterling Task Force investigation in January 1990.

Prov. 11:14

Judge Sides with Minnesota Sex Offenders

A class-action lawsuit representing more than 700 civilly committed sex offenders, many from Moose Lake, Minnesota, will go to trial in a St. Paul courtroom beginning Monday, February 9, 2015, after a federal judge denied the state of Minnesota and its defendants summary judgment.

In a 43-page ruling filed Monday, February 2, 2015, U.S. District Judge Donovan Frank scolded the state’s legislative and executive branches for having “let politics, rather than the rule of law and the rights of "all" of their citizens, guide their decisions.” Donovan specifically noted that, in a situation such as this, the federal court may have to step in to protect the rights of the Plaintiffs.

“The interests of justice require that substantial changes be made to Minnesota’s sex offender civil commitment scheme,” Frank wrote.

Patty Wetterling herself has asked people to take a second look to see whether laws like the Jacob Wetterling Crimes Against Children and Sexually Violent Offender Registration Act, signed into law by President Bill Clinton in 1994, are doing more harm than good and should be curbed.

Meanwhile, former federal magistrate Judge Arthur Boylan is now serving as mediator in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings initiated on January 30, 2015, by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, MN. The Archdiocese, which has assets totaling more than $45 million, including about $11 million in real estate, filed bankruptcy in an effort to cope with the economic consequences of its now-legendary epidemic of pederasty in the Catholic priesthood.

As a federal magistrate, Judge Boylan often served as an alternative dispute resolution neutral. For example, Boylan mediated the 2011 National Football League (NFL) lockout dispute and worked on negotiations for 26 sessions over more than 100 days. The NFL Players Association and the NFL Commissioner reached a deal to end the NFL lockout on August 4, 2011, having cancelled only one preseason game, and signed a ten-year collective bargaining agreement. Boylan was appointed a federal magistrate judge on November 1, 1996, and retired from the federal court on January 8, 2014, to return to the private sector. Boylan, the son of Irish immigrant parents who came to the United States in the late 1920s, grew up on the West Side of Chicago. He attended St. Mary’s University in Winona, Minnesota, and graduated from Chicago-Kent College of Law in 1976.

Prior to his federal appointment, Boylan was appointed to the Minnesota State Court for the 8th Judicial District in 1986, where he served as a district court judge in Willmar, Minnesota. Boylan presided over serial pederast prosecutions in Kandiyohi county following the conclusion of the Jacob Wetterling Task Force investigation in January 1990.

Even if these changes are made, I don't think they will release offenders like Hart, who was classified as a violent psychopathic sex offender. Good luck to Boylan, he sounds like a fair, reasonable guy.

Incoming dumb question for Tracker or anyone else here -- other cars drove around the area where Jacob was abducted, with various types of vehicles I would assume -- but there was only one set of tracks, or -- was it that there was only one set of tracks that differed from LE's vehicles or --- ?

"The boys ran home and told Rochelle, who called her father. He called 911, and police were on the scene within minutes.

"There were cars pulling up, coming and going, and I just remember looking out their big picture window thinking, 'Jacob's going to end up getting out of one of these cars, and this will all be over,' " Larson says."

The cars coming and going were in front of Wetterlings house over in Kiwi Court. Not in DR's driveway. That was taped off (as you may recall, DR lifted the tape and walked under it onto the crime scene the next morning.)

Other vehicles and horses were not brought into DR's driveway until the next Saturday. As DR has stated the tire tracks were there all week up by the house, until the horses pranced around on them. (I imagine DR took photos of those tire tracks as he has stated he had some photos relating to the crime in his "Jacob box" that LE took.

P.S. The links in your other posts are not working at all.

There was a movie on television the night of October 22, 1989, "Do You Know the Muffin Man?". The plot was about a man who sexually assaulted a boy - I sometimes wonder, if the abductor was local, if he had been watching that movie that night, and it served as a "trigger" for him.

How local is 'local'?

I understood the intent and factual information in Mossad's post. It was not cryptic. [emoji256] It would be nice if we had a WS verified MN attorney to offer their opinion on the judges opinion.

I hope they find out what happened to him soon.Very sad.

There are articles in the newspapers of who these civilly committed sex offenders are in Moose Lake. I have a relative who worked there and walked off the job one Friday never to return.

My relative could no longer listen to some justify why it is OK to rape 4 year olds, for instance.

The people in there are monsters. MONSTERS! Yes, we failed them somehow, but they cannot and should not be released.

These are not 19 year olds who had sex with their 13 year old " girlfriend".

Hart is a "sweethart" compared to some who are in there.

If civil commitment does not work, then make the sentences for these crimes life without parole.

Or send them to Mars. Whatever.

Even if these changes are made, I don't think they will release offenders

Don't underestimate, and don't be naive.

Psychopathy does not mean stupidity. Some of Minnesota's sex offenders may be (modsnip).

For example, Arthur Dale Senty-Haugen was indefinitely committed in 1996 to the custody of the Minnesota Sex Offender Program as a sexual psychopathic personality and sexually dangerous person. He has been in custody since then, and has subsequently committed numerous crimes while in custody.

Last month, Senty-Haugen was charged with paying a Sex Offender Program employee $3,000.00 to smuggle a cell phone into the Sex Offender Program, where cell phones are strictly prohibited as contraband.

Senty-Haugen also is a lead plaintiff in the class-action trial that begins February 9, 2015.

You can meet Arthur as plaintiff here:

“Hundreds of sex offenders could be released from the Minnesota Sex Offender Treatment Program in Moose Lake”

Psychopathy does not mean stupidity. Some of Minnesota's sex offenders may be (modsnip).

For example, Arthur Dale Senty-Haugen was indefinitely committed in 1996 to the custody of the Minnesota Sex Offender Program as a sexual psychopathic personality and sexually dangerous person. He has been in custody since then, and has subsequently committed numerous crimes while in custody.

Last month, Senty-Haugen was charged with paying a Sex Offender Program employee $3,000.00 to smuggle a cell phone into the Sex Offender Program, where cell phones are strictly prohibited as contraband.

Senty-Haugen also is a lead plaintiff in the class-action trial that begins February 9, 2015.

You can meet Arthur as plaintiff here:

“Hundreds of sex offenders could be released from the Minnesota Sex Offender Treatment Program in Moose Lake”

Thanks for the Warning

The new podcast on Joy's blog is very interesting. They seem pretty sure who Jared's attacker was. Does this mean it was the same man for Jacob or is their thought moving away from that?. Looks like the first of a number of podcasts so maybe we'll find out more.

Great podcast on Joy's blog!! Everyone, please listen to it!

They make it pretty clear that they think DAH is Jared's perp.

Did anyone catch the part (21:20) where Jared is talking about he and Joy being scared to pursue leads, etc. And he says "he threatened you, and what if you knock on this guy's door and he says 'yes I'm the guy'" Is he referring to JOY (who was threatened??) or himself (threatened at the time of the crime)?

Great podcast on Joy's blog!! Everyone, please listen to it!

They make it pretty clear that they think DAH is Jared's perp.

Did anyone catch the part (21:20) where Jared is talking about he and Joy being scared to pursue leads, etc. And he says "he threatened you, and what if you knock on this guy's door and he says 'yes I'm the guy'" Is he referring to JOY (who was threatened??) or himself (threatened at the time of the crime)?
I got the impression it was Joy who was threatened. They must have ruffled some feathers with all their digging. Good. Although they talked about DAH a lot i felt they were discussing another strong suspect too but just couldn't name him. Did anyone else get that?

I still don't quite get it. DAH does not match (imo) the suspect sketch. The other man arrested much more closely resembles the sketch. I hope Jared has seriously vetted out this other man.

I still don't quite get it. DAH does not match (imo) the suspect sketch. The other man arrested much more closely resembles the sketch. I hope Jared has seriously vetted out this other man.

It's interesting that even an FBI spokesman said in 1990 that Hart did not bear a close resemblance to the sketch. You have to wonder though if it was Hart, didn't he alter his appearance for an attack or for a lineup?

however, if you are of the belief like I am that Jacob's abductor was not the same person as Jared's and who was not the same person as the Paynesville victims, maybe the person in the sketch does resemble the person we are looking for who took Jacob? Or the person in the sketch was someone different altogether. Wasn't the sketch of someone who was seen at the store? Trevor and Aaron said the man had a mask, so I don't think they were able to give a good description.
I am glad Joy is digging stuff up and stirring the pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member