MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
however, if you are of the belief like I am that Jacob's abductor was not the same person as Jared's and who was not the same person as the Paynesville victims, maybe the person in the sketch does resemble the person we are looking for who took Jacob? Or the person in the sketch was someone different altogether. Wasn't the sketch of someone who was seen at the store? Trevor and Aaron said the man had a mask, so I don't think they were able to give a good description.
I am glad Joy is digging stuff up and stirring the pot.

The sketch of the man with the baseball cap was of Jared's perp, after they flew in someone from the FBI to work with him on it (for 10 or 13 hours). They released it in connection with Jacob's case as they thought they were the same person.

It's interesting that even an FBI spokesman said in 1990 that Hart did not bear a close resemblance to the sketch. You have to wonder though if it was Hart, didn't he alter his appearance for an attack or for a lineup?

That's true, and I've only seen that one actual picture of DAH (and not sure what year that is from) so I suppose it's not completely fair to dismiss him as the man in the sketch.

Unfortunately, Mossad, I can see the sex offenders getting out. They have all the time in the world to file motions and appeals without needing money. The victims do not have either luxury.

Mossad, was wondering if you have a specific sex offender in in mind as Jacob and/or Jared's perp who perhaps was institutionalized and then released?

We, the taxpayers of MN are the ones footing the bill for these monsters. We pay for their care. Now we are paying for the defense via the State Attorney General defense and we are paying for the lawyers who are suing.

I talked to hubby about this. He said, "Follow the money!"

Unless there are relatives who are crying tears for these monsters, then the only answer to me is that the money that will be paid to work this case for the inmates will be a nice healthy sum.

Just say, "Thank you , " to the Minnesota taxpayers.

The rest of the nation can also live in fear when these master manipulators are released.

Right now they have a beautiful place to live. Wait until they come out and have to live in the roach infested, decaying hotels that are the only places that will take them

Is the abductor of Jacob Wetterling among those who now seek release from the Minnesota Sex Offender Program (MSOP) after years of "Indeterminate Commitment"?

Below is a small sampling of the plaintiffs in the KARSJENS, et. al., v. JESSON, et. al., Civil No. 11-3659, (United States District Court, D. Minnesota), bench trial that commenced today February 9, 2015.

JAMES JOHN RUD
In 1983, Rud was charged with more than 75 counts of criminal sexual conduct, and pled guilty on August 15, 1984, to ten counts of criminal sexual conduct in connection with investigation of child sexual abuse cases involving two dozen adults in Jordan, Minnesota, at Valley Green Trailer Park, and the Quarry Campgrounds. Rud was committed as a sexually dangerous person (SDP) and a sexual psychopathic personality (SPP) in September 2010.

[hxxp://rogerwilliamslawreview.org/files/2014/04/cheitpdf.pdf]
[hxxp://law.justia.com/cases/minnesota/court-of-appeals/2007/opa062381-1231.html]
[hxxp://mn.gov/lawlib//archive/ctapun/2014/opa131158-030314.pdf]

JAMES ALLEN BARBER
(born August 13, 1964) In 1982, appellant sexually assaulted a 10-year-old girl. The sexual abuse occurred twice during a one-week period. Appellant was found guilty of second-degree criminal sexual conduct, and placed on probation, which he successfully completed. In 1986, appellant sexually abused an eight-year-old niece and threatened to kill her and her family if she told anyone. In the spring of 1988, appellant sexually abused an eight-year-old nephew while he was babysitting him. Appellant stuck a knife in the bathroom door to lock it, got into the bathtub with his nephew, and sexually assaulted him. Barber completed his actual prison time in November 2003 for a 1991 first-degree criminal sexual conduct conviction for molesting a 7-year old female.

[hxxp://mn.gov/lawlib//archive/ctapun/0504/opa042089-0405.htm]

KENNETH “KENNY” STEVEN DAYWITT
At age 14, he was convicted of sexually abusing two 5-year-old children. At 18, he was convicted of false imprisonment and convicted of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old boy. The mother of the victim reported the molestation of her son by Daywitt, who was a friend and neighbor. Daywitt went to the home that morning to see the boy, who was sleeping. The boy allegedly awakened to find Daywitt fondling his genitals, his hand inside the boy's boxer shorts. Daywitt admitted to touching the boy's genitals to investigators. He said he is "not gay," but acted on an "urge." In 2014, at age 32, Daywitt ran for Moose Lake, Minnesota, City Council via a write-in campaign from inside the Minnesota Sex Offender Program.

[hxxp://www.winonapost.com/archive/072501/4news072501.html]
[hxxp://www.kare11.com/story/news/local/2014/10/17/moose-lake-sex-offenders-wage-write-in-campaigns/17478561/]

KEVIN JOHN DEVILLION
(born 1964) Devillion sexually assaulted boys aged 7, 12 and 13 years. Devillion blamed his own father for horrendously beating him when he was young and setting him on his road to violence. DeVillion, who is 6-foot-3, and 260-pounds, said he was "misguided by some of the things I learned from my father." But he claims not to have sexually assaulted the young boys. He said he had them touch him while he masturbated. DeVillion was civilly committed because a judge found that he presents a clear danger to the safety of others and there is a substantial likelihood that he will engage in acts capable of inflicting serious physical harm to young males.

(5/16/1996 Duluth, MN, News Tribune at 01A)

BRADLEY WAYNE FOSTER
(born December 1970) In February 1990, Foster, who was 19 years of age, was convicted of one count of third-degree criminal sexual conduct for sexually assaulting a 13-year-old female stranger. Foster observed the child walking on the street and invited her into his house. When she returned later, appellant provided her with alcohol and then forcibly raped her. In January 1991, Foster, who was 20 years of age, was convicted of fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct for sexually assaulting a 19-year-old female. In March 1991, Foster was convicted of second-degree criminal sexual conduct for sexually assaulting an 11-year-old female. In June 1993, appellant, who was 22 years of age, was convicted of one count of second-degree criminal sexual conduct for sexually assaulting two other victims. Foster was committed in 2007 as a sexually-dangerous person and a sexual-psychopathic personality.

[hxxp://mn.gov/web/prod/static/lawlib/live/archive/ctapun/0801/opa071564-0115.pdf]

PETER GERARD LONERGAN
In 1984, Lonergan pleaded guilty to second-degree criminal sexual conduct in connection with an incident involving the eight-year-old daughter of his sister-in-law. In 1992, he was convicted of first-degree criminal sexual conduct involving the eight-year-old son of his cousin. In 2006, a petition was filed in Dakota County District Court seeking appellant's commitment as a sexual psychopathic personality (SPP) and/or an Sexually Dangerous Person (SDP). After a five-day hearing, the district court ordered appellant's initial commitment as an SDP to the MSOP at St. Peter and Moose Lake, MN.

[hxxp://caselaw.findlaw.com/mn-court-of-appeals/1551207.html]

DENNIS RICHARD STEINER
1991, at age 41, Steiner pleaded guilty to repeated sexual abuse of four teen-age boys in Ramsey County, Minnesota. He admitted that he had sexual relations with the four teenage boys who, on occasion, lived in his house. Steiner previously had served one year in the Ramsey County workhouse after pleading guilty to having sex with a minor.

(5/21/1992 St. Paul Pioneer Press (Minnesota) at 2D)
(10/1/91 Star Tribune (Minneapolis-St. Paul) at 03B)

CRAIG ALLEN BOLTE
(born June 1987) In February 1993, at five and one-half years of age, Bolte was admitted into a hospital in Helena, Montana, after he smashed another child’s fingers and threatened to set a house on fire. His parents noted that he had been sexually abused by a maternal uncle. In February 2003, at 15 years of age, Bolte was hospitalized in Billings, Montana after sexually propositioning an 11-year-old girl. When Bolte was confronted by the girl’s father, Bolte threatened to kill him. In March 2003, Bolte was taken into custody at the Dakota County Juvenile Center after his 11-year-old sister reported that he had sexually abused her over the past two and one-half to three years.

[hxxp://mn.gov/web/prod/static/lawlib/live/archive/ctapun/0801/opa071413-0129.pdf]

KEVIN SCOTT KARSJENS
Convicted of first-degree criminal sexual conduct, terroristic threats, and kidnapping.

[hxxp://mn.gov/web/prod/static/lawlib/live/archive/ctapun/9608/c6952548.htm]

JAMES MATTHEW NOYER
In 1991 and 1995, Noyer pled guilty to criminal sexual conduct involving girls he knew. One victim was age 6, the other age 14.

(2/23/1998 St. Paul Pioneer Press (Minnesota) at 1B)

Prov. 11:14

Is the abductor of Jacob Wetterling among those who now seek release from the Minnesota Sex Offender Program (MSOP) after years of "Indeterminate Commitment"?

Below is a small sampling of the plaintiffs in the KARSJENS, et. al., v. JESSON, et. al., Civil No. 11-3659, (United States District Court, D. Minnesota), bench trial that commenced today February 9, 2015.

JAMES JOHN RUD
In 1983, Rud was charged with more than 75 counts of criminal sexual conduct, and pled guilty on August 15, 1984, to ten counts of criminal sexual conduct in connection with investigation of child sexual abuse cases involving two dozen adults in Jordan, Minnesota, at Valley Green Trailer Park, and the Quarry Campgrounds. Rud was committed as a sexually dangerous person (SDP) and a sexual psychopathic personality (SPP) in September 2010.

[hxxp://rogerwilliamslawreview.org/files/2014/04/cheitpdf.pdf]
[hxxp://law.justia.com/cases/minnesota/court-of-appeals/2007/opa062381-1231.html]
[hxxp://mn.gov/lawlib//archive/ctapun/2014/opa131158-030314.pdf]

JAMES ALLEN BARBER
(born August 13, 1964) In 1982, appellant sexually assaulted a 10-year-old girl. The sexual abuse occurred twice during a one-week period. Appellant was found guilty of second-degree criminal sexual conduct, and placed on probation, which he successfully completed. In 1986, appellant sexually abused an eight-year-old niece and threatened to kill her and her family if she told anyone. In the spring of 1988, appellant sexually abused an eight-year-old nephew while he was babysitting him. Appellant stuck a knife in the bathroom door to lock it, got into the bathtub with his nephew, and sexually assaulted him. Barber completed his actual prison time in November 2003 for a 1991 first-degree criminal sexual conduct conviction for molesting a 7-year old female.

[hxxp://mn.gov/lawlib//archive/ctapun/0504/opa042089-0405.htm]

KENNETH “KENNY” STEVEN DAYWITT
At age 14, he was convicted of sexually abusing two 5-year-old children. At 18, he was convicted of false imprisonment and convicted of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old boy. The mother of the victim reported the molestation of her son by Daywitt, who was a friend and neighbor. Daywitt went to the home that morning to see the boy, who was sleeping. The boy allegedly awakened to find Daywitt fondling his genitals, his hand inside the boy's boxer shorts. Daywitt admitted to touching the boy's genitals to investigators. He said he is "not gay," but acted on an "urge." In 2014, at age 32, Daywitt ran for Moose Lake, Minnesota, City Council via a write-in campaign from inside the Minnesota Sex Offender Program.

[hxxp://www.winonapost.com/archive/072501/4news072501.html]
[hxxp://www.kare11.com/story/news/local/2014/10/17/moose-lake-sex-offenders-wage-write-in-campaigns/17478561/]

KEVIN JOHN DEVILLION
(born 1964) Devillion sexually assaulted boys aged 7, 12 and 13 years. Devillion blamed his own father for horrendously beating him when he was young and setting him on his road to violence. DeVillion, who is 6-foot-3, and 260-pounds, said he was "misguided by some of the things I learned from my father." But he claims not to have sexually assaulted the young boys. He said he had them touch him while he masturbated. DeVillion was civilly committed because a judge found that he presents a clear danger to the safety of others and there is a substantial likelihood that he will engage in acts capable of inflicting serious physical harm to young males.

(5/16/1996 Duluth, MN, News Tribune at 01A)

BRADLEY WAYNE FOSTER
(born December 1970) In February 1990, Foster, who was 19 years of age, was convicted of one count of third-degree criminal sexual conduct for sexually assaulting a 13-year-old female stranger. Foster observed the child walking on the street and invited her into his house. When she returned later, appellant provided her with alcohol and then forcibly raped her. In January 1991, Foster, who was 20 years of age, was convicted of fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct for sexually assaulting a 19-year-old female. In March 1991, Foster was convicted of second-degree criminal sexual conduct for sexually assaulting an 11-year-old female. In June 1993, appellant, who was 22 years of age, was convicted of one count of second-degree criminal sexual conduct for sexually assaulting two other victims. Foster was committed in 2007 as a sexually-dangerous person and a sexual-psychopathic personality.

[hxxp://mn.gov/web/prod/static/lawlib/live/archive/ctapun/0801/opa071564-0115.pdf]

PETER GERARD LONERGAN
In 1984, Lonergan pleaded guilty to second-degree criminal sexual conduct in connection with an incident involving the eight-year-old daughter of his sister-in-law. In 1992, he was convicted of first-degree criminal sexual conduct involving the eight-year-old son of his cousin. In 2006, a petition was filed in Dakota County District Court seeking appellant's commitment as a sexual psychopathic personality (SPP) and/or an Sexually Dangerous Person (SDP). After a five-day hearing, the district court ordered appellant's initial commitment as an SDP to the MSOP at St. Peter and Moose Lake, MN.

[hxxp://caselaw.findlaw.com/mn-court-of-appeals/1551207.html]

DENNIS RICHARD STEINER
1991, at age 41, Steiner pleaded guilty to repeated sexual abuse of four teen-age boys in Ramsey County, Minnesota. He admitted that he had sexual relations with the four teenage boys who, on occasion, lived in his house. Steiner previously had served one year in the Ramsey County workhouse after pleading guilty to having sex with a minor.

(5/21/1992 St. Paul Pioneer Press (Minnesota) at 2D)
(10/1/91 Star Tribune (Minneapolis-St. Paul) at 03B)

CRAIG ALLEN BOLTE
(born June 1987) In February 1993, at five and one-half years of age, Bolte was admitted into a hospital in Helena, Montana, after he smashed another child’s fingers and threatened to set a house on fire. His parents noted that he had been sexually abused by a maternal uncle. In February 2003, at 15 years of age, Bolte was hospitalized in Billings, Montana after sexually propositioning an 11-year-old girl. When Bolte was confronted by the girl’s father, Bolte threatened to kill him. In March 2003, Bolte was taken into custody at the Dakota County Juvenile Center after his 11-year-old sister reported that he had sexually abused her over the past two and one-half to three years.

[hxxp://mn.gov/web/prod/static/lawlib/live/archive/ctapun/0801/opa071413-0129.pdf]

KEVIN SCOTT KARSJENS
Convicted of first-degree criminal sexual conduct, terroristic threats, and kidnapping.

[hxxp://mn.gov/web/prod/static/lawlib/live/archive/ctapun/9608/c6952548.htm]

JAMES MATTHEW NOYER
In 1991 and 1995, Noyer pled guilty to criminal sexual conduct involving girls he knew. One victim was age 6, the other age 14.

(2/23/1998 St. Paul Pioneer Press (Minnesota) at 1B)

Prov. 11:14

Just goes to show ya`, we have too many darned lawyers!

however, if you are of the belief like I am that Jacob's abductor was not the same person as Jared's and who was not the same person as the Paynesville victims, maybe the person in the sketch does resemble the person we are looking for who took Jacob? Or the person in the sketch was someone different altogether. Wasn't the sketch of someone who was seen at the store? Trevor and Aaron said the man had a mask, so I don't think they were able to give a good description.
I am glad Joy is digging stuff up and stirring the pot.
Are you still thinking they are linked through sex trafficking?

My firm belief is that there is a deep seated culture in that portion of MN that extends up into very powerful circles and most likely extends into the legal community. Much like a house infested with cockroaches that has to be evacuated and fumigated, they need to be routed out, exposed and sent packing. That culture is by act or omission is hampering the investigation.

Just listened to Joy and Jared. Sounds like Jared has done a lot of work in therapy. I wish he would have said more about two logical questions;
1) why didn't you recognize DAH in the lineups or through police questioning earlier?
2) if you were the same age as most the Paynesville victims (300-400) and went to the same school, why didn't you know anything about it?

Finally, I can't wait for the Dan and Kevin podcast! She is definitely trying to build a media profile.

My firm belief is that there is a deep seated culture in that portion of MN that extends up into very powerful circles and most likely extends into the legal community. Much like a house infested with cockroaches that has to be evacuated and fumigated, they need to be routed out, exposed and sent packing. That culture is by act or omission is hampering the investigation.
I thought you said you had never been to Stearns County.

Trackergd I agree, I have experienced it myself. Chaplain, one need not live there to encounter the full measure of arrogant, entitled, myopic, indifferent attitudes on the part of certain "leaders" in the community --

I have to wonder how accurately Jared is able to remember the perp decades later. It seems the optimum time would have been closer to the crime. But he was so young and in shock -- it's possible he blocked parts of the nightmare out, to the point where getting an accurate portrayal of the perp might have been difficult.

It's also challenging for us to have a clear grasp on why POI's were seemingly eliminated as potential suspects since we don't know LE's specific reasons for eliminating them.

I thought you said you had never been to Stearns County.

I search, poke, read and listen. I learn a lot that way. I don't get the same satisfaction doing digital detective work as I do when I am boots on the ground, but the information is just as valuable. :)

I search, poke, read and listen. I learn a lot that way. I don't get the same satisfaction doing digital detective work as I do when I am boots on the ground, but the information is just as valuable. :)
A very, very sweeping statement to be made about police leadership when you have not meet them. But, I believe that there is some truth to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Columba64