MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blom was eliminated.

The suspect in Jared's case was identified by Jared as having dark pock marked skin. Does Hollander have that kind of skin? dark?

If people read Eloc's book, which I am not done reading at all, you will be ASTOUNDED as to the lengths that were gone to to find this child. It is mind boggling. I am only up to the part where the Gov ordered searches by the National Guard. 100 who walked side by side through swamps, etc

The things the sports teams did. The community and the 1000 volunteers. The businesses that supplied posters, envelopes, stamps. The billboards. The States Attorneys general of the neighboring midwest states.

It is unreal.

I think people who are criticizing LE may wish to read Eloc's accounts before they go that route

Hollander definitely has pock marked skin, you can still see it now, many years later.

Yes, searches were very thorough and were repeated in different seasons also.

Blom was eliminated.

The suspect in Jared's case was identified by Jared as having dark pock marked skin. Does Hollander have that kind of skin? dark?

If people read Eloc's book, which I am not done reading at all, you will be ASTOUNDED as to the lengths that were gone to to find this child. It is mind boggling. I am only up to the part where the Gov ordered searches by the National Guard. 100 who walked side by side through swamps, etc

The things the sports teams did. The community and the 1000 volunteers. The businesses that supplied posters, envelopes, stamps. The billboards. The States Attorneys general of the neighboring midwest states.

It is unreal.

I think people who are criticizing LE may wish to read Eloc's accounts before they go that route

I really admire Eloc's dedication to the Wetterling case, but not all information is necessarily correct.

One thing I'd like to know, is since all of this has taken place on Jacob's case, I don't get why leads have been nothing but dead ends for 25 years. When I read the timeline on Joy Baker's Blog, it's states several FBI agents were put on the case, and then pulled off the case.

Josh Guimond is missing also, is the national guard involved? From what I understand, not much is going on with this case. How long has he been gone?.....about 13 years? Has anyone in Stearns County been convicted for child molestation crimes, and put into jail for a significant amount of time? Is there a way to get some kind of report showing actual convictions? Is there a sex offenders list in Stearns County? I'm not saying it's FACT, that they aren't doing their job, but not all cops are good cops, and it only take a couple of them to make things disappear.

I really admire Eloc's dedication to the Wetterling case, but not all information is necessarily correct.

One thing I'd like to know, is since all of this has taken place on Jacob's case, I don't get why leads have been nothing but dead ends for 25 years. When I read the timeline on Joy Baker's Blog, it's states several FBI agents were put on the case, and then pulled off the case.

Josh Guimond is missing also, is the national guard involved? From what I understand, not much is going on with this case. How long has he been gone?.....about 13 years? Has anyone in Stearns County been convicted for child molestation crimes, and put into jail for a significant amount of time? Is there a way to get some kind of report showing actual convictions? Is there a sex offenders list in Stearns County? I'm not saying it's FACT, that they aren't doing their job, but not all cops are good cops, and it only take a couple of them to make things disappear.

Have you read his book? All of it?

Have you read the book? If not, don't comment on his information.

There have been many pedophiles put away from the area, do some research.

A sex ring isn't necessary when there are plenty of offenders roaming the area. Did admin give you a hand starting that thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In ELOC's book on pp. 163-165 he discusses a couple known criminals who were looked at in Jacob's case. Because Weiss was a first aid instructor and traveled throughout MN, I wondered if he could have been the guy at Tom Thumb who told Kevin he was a "medical cop".

"In August 1997, St. Paul police served forty-four-year-old David Paul Weiss with a search warrant after Weiss was arrested on August 6th on charges of sexually assaulting a fifteen-year-old boy. According to the search warrant documents, Weiss had discussed the Wetterling case with at least one of his assault victims. Weiss’ roommate told investigators that Weiss had confided to him that Weiss knew of a body that had been hidden in the cemetery at Fort Snelling. The police took Weiss to search the cemetery but no evidence was found. [SUP]55[/SUP]
Police reportedly found child *advertiser censored*, movies, a digital camera, boys’ clothing, and a youth jock strap in Weiss’ possession. Media reports also stated that a jar containing testicles was found, but they were later determined to be canine testicles. DNA testing was done and after six months of waiting, the results came back and there was no connection established between Weiss and Jacob’s kidnapping. [SUP]56[/SUP]

Weiss frequently traveled across the state of Minnesota during his twenty-two years as a first-aid instructor. Authorities suspected that he might have assaulted many children across the state over the years. [SUP]57[/SUP]

Information about the Weiss case was forwarded to the Stearns County Sheriff's office and Sheriff Jim Kostreba acknowledged that several people had contacted his office about possible ties between Weiss and the Wetterling case."
(pg. 163)

David Blom (who murdered Katie Poirier and burned her body in his fire pit) and whose real name was Donald Pince, was also looked at in Jacob's case.

"The 50 year-old Blom, whose birth name was Donald Pince, admitted to investigators that he had kidnapped and killed Poirier. Investigators revisited the files on Blom for a possible connection to Jacob's abduction... Pince had been imprisoned for six years on a rape conviction, and had been released in March 1989. Investigators questioned him and his wife, Kathy Pince, about the Wetterling kidnapping." (pg. 156)

Blom's property is 4 miles as the crow flies from our cabin, her kidnapping and murder rocked the area in a similar way that Jacobs disappearance did. They had closure though that helped the community heal. The scariest thing was finding out he had done similar things before and is even being looked at in unsolved murders that he was in the same area as.

These lone offenders are the worst kind, they creep around and don't say a word to anyone and can get away with it for many, many years. Some are still getting away with it.

Hollander definitely has pock marked skin, you can still see it now, many years later.

Yes, searches were very thorough and were repeated in different seasons also.

Hollander is a creep, I can't believe that he wasn't investigated further, he's like a celebrity now. Grr.

Hollander is a creep, I can't believe that he wasn't investigated further, he's like a celebrity now. Grr.

Do you mean with his business and creepy YouTube videos or is there more?

I also wonder if the trailer he lived in is still around and could be searched if if hasn't been already.

Do you mean with his business and creepy YouTube videos or is there more?

I also wonder if the trailer he lived in is still around and could be searched if if hasn't been already.

His whole "uber manly" persona that he portrays, ick.

Good question about his trailer.

What in particular do you think is incorrect?

Have you read the book? If not, don't comment on his information.

k

I think what they meant was, just because it's in print, doesn't make it accurate or true. I don't think they were suggesting it wasn't accurate. Maybe there are pieces missing that someone can help find, that's the intent of the book.

Everyone is free to draw their own conclusions about the information in the book, especially coupled with their own research and intuition. I've tried very hard to present information and let the reader decide.

Blom's property is 4 miles as the crow flies from our cabin, her kidnapping and murder rocked the area in a similar way that Jacobs disappearance did. They had closure though that helped the community heal. The scariest thing was finding out he had done similar things before and is even being looked at in unsolved murders that he was in the same area as.

These lone offenders are the worst kind, they creep around and don't say a word to anyone and can get away with it for many, many years. Some are still getting away with it.

It rocked the area here in Wisconsin too. Katie had family here, in fact I coached baseball and football with one of her uncles.

Hollander seems to have been flourishing as a result of the reinvention of his persona. But nothing can change the dead eyes, display of over the top macho bravado, and the obvious discomfort some of his "protoges"appear to feel when he stands too close to them. Yuk. You can run but you can't hide -- not forever

Jewelia, I appreciate you posting here. <modsnip> Keep a stiff upper lip and please continue to contribute your information!

Jewelia, I too appreciate your thoughts and contributions.

Lots of men look like Jared's sketch. Hopefully we can get this conversation back to Jacob Wetterling sometime soon.

Granted there are a lot of "groom and seduce" type pedophiles that had geographic ties to central Minn around the time of Jacob's disappearance. Still, can anyone find an example of a "groom and seduce" pedophile who went on to forcibly abduct a child he did not know.

Granted there are a lot of "groom and seduce" type pedophiles that had geographic ties to central Minn around the time of Jacob's disappearance. Still, can anyone find an example of a "groom and seduce" pedophile who went on to forcibly abduct a child he did not know.
Interesting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member