MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ads used to be on the side.Now they are in the posts. That is what I was not understanding

Considering we post photos related to Jacob's abduction, murders, child molesters, and then suddenly there's a photo of a woman in an ad; throws me off for a couple seconds, until I realize it's an ad. ;)

There was an earlier Paynesville "experience" (>DAH), where a tomboyish looking girl was grabbed off her bicycle, and then let go after the attacker realized she was not a boy. Could have acquired from experiences like that - to manually check to be sure.

Oh, and Jacob was riding his Mom's bike that night.

God sent an angel, that angel is Kevin. When did the first prayer occur? LE had arrived at the scene at approx 9 45 pm, but kevin had already been there as well. Someone, either the boys, Merle, Jerry or Patty had already asked God for help. God listens, and gave kevin the instinct to drive sll the way into rassiers building site, not only to tell Dan, but to inevitably solve the case as well, imo.

More like Satan send Kevin, who screwed up the investigation for years.

A quote from the book, below:

Hart was also a serious suspect in Jared’s kidnapping and assault near Cold Spring. The Wetterling task force asked Jared to view several lineups, some of which included Hart, but Jared was not able to identify Hart as his perpetrator. According to investigative notes, Hart matched the physical description of the perpetrator in his case. He was 5’ 7” tall, had dark hair, and weighed about 170 pounds at the time of his arrest. His shoe size was 9EEE – an unusual size, and one that would be likely to leave uniquely identifiable footprints on a driveway of sand and gravel.

The FBI withdrew all but two agents from the Wetterling case on January 30, 1990. The withdrawal coincided with the dwindling supply of leads in the case and the lack of progress in connecting Hart to Jacob’s abduction. Hart has never been charged in Jacob’s case, Jared’s case, or the Paynesville assaults of 1986 and 1987.

It was not lawful to require the suspect to shave his mustache for the lineup, which may have frustrated Jared's ability to positively ID at that time.

Consistent with shoe size for prints, believed to be left by the perp at JW abduction scene (DR driveway) = 9EEE?

So do you believe the FBI was on the scene pouring casts of tracks at midnight as Kevin stated? I think that's quite a stretch and there are more things that don't quite jive with facts known.

I agree that there are some questions with Kevin's account of that night, but on this point, I think he was simply told (~1 a.m.) that the F.B.I. was going to be pouring casts (a.s.a.p.) of any tracks that were made at the scene that night. That jives with the facts known.

It was not lawful to require the suspect to shave his mustache for the lineup, which may have frustrated Jared's ability to positively ID at that time.

Consistent with shoe size for prints, believed to be left by the perp at JW abduction scene (DR driveway) = 9EEE?

Are you saying Hart was required to shave his mustache prior to the lineup? How would that have hampered the ability to recognize Hart, if indeed Jareds perpetrator didn't have a mustache? What's the source that states he was required to shave?

Are you asking a question with regards to shoe size?

see Thread #5,7-14-2013, 11:59 pm, posts #16 thru #18

Could you please repost with ALL relevant images? Attachment was not valid in quote. There has been some confusion/contradictions in previous posts - as to the exact spots on the driveway where the footprints start/end.

Could you please repost with ALL relevant images? Attachment was not valid in quote. There has been some confusion/contradictions in previous posts - as to the exact spots on the driveway where the footprints start/end.

Yes you are correct in your assessment-I apologize for the confusion. It appears I added to the confusion rather than clarifying. I think Tinner007's graphic of the poles was correct. I was only trying to show the history of the confusion by citing the old posts. In those old posts I had mistakenly labelled the poles and ELOCsoul had corrected my mistake so the 2nd pole of 1989 is the first pole of today as the first pole of 1989 was removed. The 2nd pole of 1989 is approximately 40 yards(120') from the intersection of the Rassier driveway + pavement of 91st. The footprints ended at the 2nd pole of 1989.

I agree that there are some questions with Kevin's account of that night, but on this point, I think he was simply told (~1 a.m.) that the F.B.I. was going to be pouring casts (a.s.a.p.) of any tracks that were made at the scene that night. That jives with the facts known.

I guess it would have to be known when they finally got around to sealing/taping off the driveway. Because in the photo from the search helicopter that wasn't there till right around 11 pm or midnight, you can clearly see there was no focus on that driveway yet, in fact there's nobody anywhere besides the vehicle that is the color of the sheriff vehicles at the time, but from what I see, it looks more like a hatchback. I could be wrong being a Polaroid would've probably taken a clearer picture than whatever they used for that one. All that's known for facts as of now is bikes were taped off before 11 pm - midnight roughly, driveway was not.

Wetterling_Crime_Scene_Aerial_View.jpg

There may not have been extensive planning in advance, but the events that unfolded during the abduction tell me that this is not the first rodeo for the abductor. Way too calm and organized and remained in control of the three boys from start to finish. Had to have known how he was going to exit the area without being seen not knowing how long it would take LE to respond. For all he knew, there could have been a radio car two block away.

DAH probably had more actual experience abducting and molesting, than ALL the other POI in Stearns County put together. Now couple that with some as yet unexplained associations with the Paynesville/St.Cloud police, which were supposedly sponsoring the Explorer program/Boy Scouts (according to a classmate of JW) camping in those St. Joseph woods the day/night before, where JW rode his bike on the trails, and DAH believed to also have a portable police scanner, .......,and then start wrapping your brain around the - 9EEE shoe prints, favorite Dark Blue Parka worn by this perp on multiple prior incidents described as seen by Trevor, and Aaron,....., and many of the same elements as (many)priors (assumed to be DAH): a weekend night, outside, kids on bikes, ambushed returning home, not deterred by there being more than one, the commanding Batman voice, and use of a gun to gain control, age preference 11/12 boys,strong interest in hockey,loved using the hockey fight trick - pulling the jacket over the victims head, JW was wearing his St. Cloud police hockey team jacket that night,and JW hockey tryouts were earlier in St.Cloud that day (Oct.22), used improvised masks to conceal identity (might have self crocheted the Paynesville "candy-striped carpet" looking mask - as a Scout skill?), "run, don't look back or I will shoot/blow your head off"was a favorite by-line, backseat childproof locks on his car doors to facilitate capture/abduction, known height and weight matches reports, stocky/athletic fast runner, ex military (Vietnam), residences(some with in-laws/family) coincide with many attacks, a spying MO, lying in wait/watching young boys camping in the woods at night (~Crow River),....., face (-mustache) is a very good match for Jared's sketch,

Just came across this photo taken from one of the photos available online with multiple pics of the scene. This picture would've been taken about an hour or so before noon. Being it was taken from a helicopter I'm thinking it would've had to have been the next day (Monday) if my memory serves me correctly. I only remember seeing the helicopters that night and the next day. Still, the driveway is not secured......and still....Nobody seen working the scene.

Daylight shot of driveway not secured.jpg

DAH probably had more actual experience abducting and molesting, than ALL the other POI in Stearns County put together. Now couple that with some as yet unexplained associations with the Paynesville/St.Cloud police, which were supposedly sponsoring the Explorer program/Boy Scouts (according to a classmate of JW) camping in those St. Joseph woods the day/night before, where JW rode his bike on the trails, and DAH believed to also have a portable police scanner, .......,and then start wrapping your brain around the - 9EEE shoe prints, favorite Dark Blue Parka worn by this perp on multiple prior incidents described as seen by Trevor, and Aaron,....., and many of the same elements as (many)priors (assumed to be DAH): a weekend night, outside, kids on bikes, ambushed returning home, not deterred by there being more than one, the commanding Batman voice, and use of a gun to gain control, age preference 11/12 boys,strong interest in hockey,loved using the hockey fight trick - pulling the jacket over the victims head, JW was wearing his St. Cloud police hockey team jacket that night,and JW hockey tryouts were earlier in St.Cloud that day (Oct.22), used improvised masks to conceal identity (might have self crocheted the Paynesville "candy-striped carpet" looking mask - as a Scout skill?), "run, don't look back or I will shoot/blow your head off"was a favorite by-line, backseat childproof locks on his car doors to facilitate capture/abduction, known height and weight matches reports, stocky/athletic fast runner, ex military (Vietnam), residences(some with in-laws/family) coincide with many attacks, a spying MO, lying in wait/watching young boys camping in the woods at night (~Crow River),....., face (-mustache) is a very good match for Jared's sketch,

In response to Trackergd's comment about where the police would have been. It would've been a pretty good assurance that on a Sunday night, 1989 in Saint Joseph, the one, maybe two cops in town were doing whatever it is they do at the office or parked somewhere watching the highway. Friday and Saturday nights they may have made a pass through looking for the parties at the party pits, but that's about it.

Second, has DAH been linked to anything related to the Paynesville cases (i.e. Parka, mask, means). To me he is certainly right at or around the top of the suspect list being it's already been verified he was actively pursuing boys the same age throughout 1989. Being he's a guest at one our state facilities and seems to be entitled to more protection of his personal data than certainly any law abiding citizen, it's hard, nearly impossible to get a whole lot on the guy. And if anyone does have a wealth of info, please share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member