MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a new opinion. Bear with me because I wont be able to provide a link until later. Patty recently was in the media and saying "people keep telling us to look at the monks" "I think they had plenty of access to kids on campus" something to that effect. Well we had just been discussing the monks and when I read that it took me by surprise. I was starting to think, you know what, maybe one of those sickos did stray from campus and did this. How can patty basically discount the possibility? I think it is clear to me now, they and the boys do not believe a vehicle was involved any longer, they are with LE in that the perp was on foot. Basically discounts the monks.

In February of 1989 the Abbey implemented a policy on sexual abuse. Clearly that is something that was being developed over time. Could attention to abuse have driven a dirty monk off campus??

Is it at all likely that Jacob was physically carried or moved more than a few dozen feet from the point of contact without a vehicle or fast acting sedative being used? Has anyone tried to restrain, carry, move a child that age when their adrenaline is pumping? It isn't easy, trust me. So, with that in mind, how then was he taken without the other boys hearing anything as they ran away? The kidnapper would have needed to wait to see which direction they ran (if he didn't know who they were) before he attempted to leave the area by car. Unless he walked up the driveway or grassy area along it.

In February of 1989 the Abbey implemented a policy on sexual abuse. Clearly that is something that was being developed over time. Could attention to abuse have driven a dirty monk off campus??

Leave the buffet to go and forage for a meal on your own??? Maybe. Anything and anyone are POI's when looking at evidence at hand. Nothing points to anyone in particular.

Two pieces of information would help narrow the field a great deal:

1) What size shoe prints were left in the driveway? All prints, not one in specific.

2) What hand did the perpetrator carry his weapon. It would be very unusual (not impossible) for someone not to carry a handgun with their dominant hand. With 70 - 90% of people being right handed, it sure would be nice to hear the gun was in his left hand.

Is it at all likely that Jacob was physically carried or moved more than a few dozen feet from the point of contact without a vehicle or fast acting sedative being used? Has anyone tried to restrain, carry, move a child that age when their adrenaline is pumping? It isn't easy, trust me. So, with that in mind, how then was he taken without the other boys hearing anything as they ran away? The kidnapper would have needed to wait to see which direction they ran (if he didn't know who they were) before he attempted to leave the area by car. Unless he walked up the driveway or grassy area along it.

The closest building was right around 640'.

Screenshot (90).jpg

DR's driveway is right about a quarter mile.

Screenshot (89).jpg

Quarter mile is a long way to carry a 12 year old who I presume would be fighting back a little I would hope.

With heaving breathing from the adrenaline and running combined with the rustle of running through the field, that would drowned out the sound of a vehicle sooner than most would think. There was no such thing as "autolights" in vehicles back then. Drivers discretion on when those came on. Anyone want to do an experiment in that same field to get the answer???

Does anyone from the area actually know who Kevin is? I am not asking you to tell me or print his name. I just want to know if there is a human being that can say they actually know of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone from the area actually know who Kevin is? I am not asking you to tell me or print his name. I just want to know if there is a human being that can say they actually know of him.

Yes he has a last name, and Joy has personally spoken with him

Minnesota Scanner Listener Embroiled in Kidnapping Investigation

Monitoring and the Law is attempting to locate and speak with "Kevin," a Minnesota scanner listener who recently put himself at the center of a kidnapping investigation in which a boy was abducted at gunpoint from St. Joseph, Minnesota, on October 22, 1989.
Last fall, Kevin admitted to a U.S. Federal Marshal that he had heard the initial dispatch on the abduction case of 11 year old Jacob Wetterling fourteen years ago and drove to the crime scene, arriving before police did. Authorities are now investigating whether tire tracks found at the scene belonged to this scanner listener’s vehicle and not to a possible suspect. Charges have not been filed against the scanner listener and he is not considered a suspect in the disappearance. If you know Kevin, how we can contact him, or more about this story, please contact us.
- http://www.monitoringtimes.com/html/mtlaws_may04.html

No idea, they said he lived behind Kays Kitchen in St. Joseph. Well if you go there and look you will see a big trailer park behind Kays Kitchen. Not sure if thats where he lived or the lone house across the street.

Have you seen the pics of the woodpile?

Have you seen the pics of the woodpile?

Yes I have. Not doubting the strength of an individual but rather the ability to move that far with with an uncooperative child. Unless the gun and a hand over the mouth was enough to frighten Jacob into cooperating.

Jacob could have been knocked out. But I think it's more likely a car was used.

Who are the POIs on the Wetterling case? There's seems to be conflicting answers. We know DR is, and it seems this one is the only one that has any focus on here, other than DAH, which seems unlikely in Jacob's case.

If DR didn't do it, than what clues are being put together on other possible POIs.

Why is DAH unlikely in Jacob's case?

DAH wears the 9eee shoes, the foot print can't be of that size or they could not possibly think it is DR. If you look at DRs feet on some of the FACEBOOK pictures his feet are long and not that wide, he would not be considered a suspect if the footprints were size 9eee. I think that is one of the reasons that DAH has been ruled out along with the fact he was molesting another kid that night. The foot print must match closer to DRs foot size or he would not be a poi.

The footprints on driveway (at least the ones that I have seen), believed to be left by the abductor, appear (at least to me), to be ~9EEE, or a very wide shoe size close to 9EEE. DAH's molesting alibi (if it is indeed his alibi as you claim) would fall apart if the home of the boy he was supposedly molested that night, did not have the clocks set ahead for Daylight Savings Time,(typical of many rural farms) thereby providing DAH with an extra 1 hour to get from St.Cloud to Belgrade. LE would not have been aware of that in January 1990, since those on DST would have set their clocks back in November, and all clocks would be in sync by then.

The footprints on driveway (at least the ones that I have seen), believed to be left by the abductor, appear (at least to me), to be ~9EEE, or a very wide shoe size close to 9EEE. DAH's molesting alibi (if it is indeed his alibi as you claim) would fall apart if the home of the boy he was supposedly molested that night, did not have the clocks set ahead for Daylight Savings Time,(typical of many rural farms) thereby providing DAH with an extra 1 hour to get from St.Cloud to Belgrade. LE would not have been aware of that in January 1990, since those on DST would have set their clocks back in November, and all clocks would be in sync by then.

Is it possible to get an accurate measurement of a print through a picture with no indicators of measure? I honestly don't have a clue. Is there a way to measure it without assuming? Can you post a pic of the print you are going by and do you have a style of shoe in mind that left the print?

The only footprint recovered from the scene was planted next to the tire track by DR in my honest opinion. DR put his hand in Jacobs shoe and twisted a single footprint, so as to also leave the bottom identity of that shoe pefectly visible. That footprint faces straight towards the tire track, which is not consistent with normally twisting sideways before entering. DR planted the print then took the shortcut at the woodpile back to his house. That activity must be what drew LE to the woodpile resulting in a 911 call from DR. So how about that?

Taking the time to stage footprint evidence, while the boys are in route to home, and sure to be calling police as soon as they get there? Never. What about the other prints there, and did the perp stage those too? Do you also think that DR crammed his size 11D foot into a 9EEE to make it look like DAH did it? K.I.S.S. - Jacob's print looks exactly like one would expect it to look, if Jacob had his jacket pulled over his head, and then was forcefully tossed into the backseat of a car (equipped with childproof locks) the same way as happened to Jared.

Shaking your head, that is ok. Im trying to figure out what things mean if DR had done this. While we continue to wait for LE to talk about why he is a POI. Tracker, who is a professional, agreed that with the current evidence, the footprint being planted is a possible.

Anything is "possible". Correct me if I am mistaken, but I thought Tracker stated that it was highly unlikely that the perp would stage the scene by planting footprints. Way too difficult, time-consuming, and probably be even more incriminating.

Taking the time to stage footprint evidence, while the boys are in route to home, and sure to be calling police as soon as they get there? Never. What about the other prints there, and did the perp stage those too? Do you also think that DR crammed his size 11D foot into a 9EEE to make it look like DAH did it? K.I.S.S. - Jacob's print looks exactly like one would expect it to look, if Jacob had his jacket pulled over his head, and then was forcefully tossed into the backseat of a car (equipped with childproof locks) the same way as happened to Jared.
I once thought the same thing about the print.

They aren't 9EEE, tracker posted what he thought they were some time ago, it's some of boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo