MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I believe the investigation went awry was in the driveway. We have two possible scenarios with regard to the driveway. If there were no tire prints (and I am skeptical of the preservation of the print field), Jacob was carried away. This points directly at Jacob being taken somewhere reasonably close and held and he was missed during the search. If there are tire prints, he was removed from the area quickly before LE could react.

We have some mitigating circumstances with the investigation. 1)This was the watermark event with regard to child abductions and SC may not have been prepared and/or possessed the needed skill sets properly investigate the crime scene. 2)Waiting until the next morning for an in depth evaluation of the print field and surrounding grass allowed potential evidence to evaporate into thin air. There was as much evidence in the grass as there was in the driveway. The next morning, DR would have driven on the grass to get out, and I suspect it was also where LE and the press were walking to avoid walking in the driveway.

While I am critical of some things involving the investigation, I cannot fault them for skill sets that did not exist within the LE community or that they were unaware of at that time.

I assume that SCSD looks at this thread from time to time, it would be a huge help to know if they have detailed photographs of the print field in the driveway and surrounding grass and that an expert has looked at and evaluated them. If not, why?

Does anyone know for sure that kevin was driving? It was his girl friends car, so maybe she was driving. Depending on Kevin's size, it could shoot holes in DRs story of a small women or child on the passenger's side; which could also make law enforcement think he is not belong truthful.

Why not? I think you answered it well. It was 1989. Officers were not trained well to cope with what happened.

Why not? I think you answered it well. It was 1989. Officers were not trained well to cope with what happened.

I was referring to current day where the technology now exists to evaluate the photographs.

Does anyone know for sure that kevin was driving? It was his girl friends car, so maybe she was driving. Depending on Kevin's size, it could shoot holes in DRs story of a small women or child on the passenger's side; which could also make law enforcement think he is not belong truthful.

I would submit that we don't know much of anything about Kevin, the car and who was in it other than the responses during his interview with LE and note that the discovery that he was even in the driveway was by chance conversation.

Something else I would note, depending on the type farming the family does, there is usually trucks that go in and out on a daily basis with feed, pickup milk from the holding tank, fertilizer, etc. I was not seeing that activity in the pictures we have seen here.

I would submit that we don't know much of anything about Kevin, the car and who was in it other than the responses during his interview with LE and note that the discovery that he was even in the driveway was by chance conversation.

Something else I would note, depending on the type farming the family does, there is usually trucks that go in and out on a daily basis with feed, pickup milk from the holding tank, fertilizer, etc. I was not seeing that activity in the pictures we have seen here.

Interesting. Heavy vehicles like that would also rut the driveway. Was it a working dairy farm at that point?

Interesting. Heavy vehicles like that would also rut the driveway. Was it a working dairy farm at that point?

If it was a working dairy farm at the time Jacob was abducted, something is way off about the driveway pictures. There would be heavy truck ruts from the daily milk tanker that comes in to empty the holding tank in the milk house. Are we somehow missing a secondary access road?

Are you aware of the highways? Where would they block them? At each exit?

If you want to criticize , then please say what could have been done

Seriously? I'm not in LE, and I don't live in Minnesota, so how would I know which roads to put road blocks on? The LE who works in that county should know where they go. Main roads leading to the interstate would be a good start. The roads running off the street where the abduction happened.

If I were in LE, that would be one of the first things I did. It just seems like the logical thing to do. ;)

Were we to attack the facts of this case with the same vigor we seem to be attacking each other, we may well have solved it by now.

Who are the POIs on the Wetterling case? There's seems to be conflicting answers. We know DR is, and it seems this one is the only one that has any focus on here, other than DAH, which seems unlikely in Jacob's case.

If DR didn't do it, than what clues are being put together on other possible POIs.

To you. He was not named POI until after the search in 2010.

Do you have info that indicates he was named POI before then?

If so, please share

If you have info other than a statement from a man I can personally confirm lies to the public....please share.

Yes, Josh is a strange one. Why did the roommate delete the computer? Can't the FBI get info back?

And the R family connection with Gillespie is another mystery.

Re Wright. I answered. Use those brain cells and it should come to you

Fox9 managed to get the info back after Stearns said they couldn't.......or more like, wouldn't.

I don't recall speaking with someone who was a mother and a teacher in 1989, we must not have met

Where I believe the investigation went awry was in the driveway. We have two possible scenarios with regard to the driveway. If there were no tire prints (and I am skeptical of the preservation of the print field), Jacob was carried away. This points directly at Jacob being taken somewhere reasonably close and held and he was missed during the search. If there are tire prints, he was removed from the area quickly before LE could react.

We have some mitigating circumstances with the investigation. 1)This was the watermark event with regard to child abductions and SC may not have been prepared and/or possessed the needed skill sets properly investigate the crime scene. 2)Waiting until the next morning for an in depth evaluation of the print field and surrounding grass allowed potential evidence to evaporate into thin air. There was as much evidence in the grass as there was in the driveway. The next morning, DR would have driven on the grass to get out, and I suspect it was also where LE and the press were walking to avoid walking in the driveway.

While I am critical of some things involving the investigation, I cannot fault them for skill sets that did not exist within the LE community or that they were unaware of at that time.

I assume that SCSD looks at this thread from time to time, it would be a huge help to know if they have detailed photographs of the print field in the driveway and surrounding grass and that an expert has looked at and evaluated them. If not, why?

I know.....Because it's an open and ongoing investigation...same old, same old!

Kevin, on the other hand, decides to turn left (south) and see if there are any flashing lights down that direction. He gets as far as Rassiers’ driveway and knows it’s a dead end after that, so he decides to pull in and turn around. He pulls ALL THE WAY INTO THE DRIVEWAY and turns around by the light pole which is down by the house.
-http://www.joybaker.com/2013/03/14/kevins-story/

Seriously? I'm not in LE, and I don't live in Minnesota, so how would I know which roads to put road blocks on? The LE who works in that county should know where they go. Main roads leading to the interstate would be a good start. The roads running off the street where the abduction happened.

If I were in LE, that would be one of the first things I did. It just seems like the logical thing to do. ;)

I was wondering as you were very critical of LE. That area is on Google maps so please share how it could have been improved

Who are the POIs on the Wetterling case? There's seems to be conflicting answers. We know DR is, and it seems this one is the only one that has any focus on here, other than DAH, which seems unlikely in Jacob's case.

If DR didn't do it, than what clues are being put together on other possible POIs.

There is one POI. No other people have been named. Some have been eliminated by LE.

I know.....Because it's an open and ongoing investigation...same old, same old!

Bummer. We should all quit talking and then Jacob can disappear off of WS like so many other children. Remember Kyron who is still missing? People do not seem to remember.

So Jacob lives on for many of us. If it is too boring, there are so many other missing children and adults that maybe are more exciting on here

This is a photo from just before noon the following morning. I see NO crime scene tape securing the driveway in any way. As you can see the area where the bikes were is secured, why isn't the driveway? It was suggested earlier in this thread the driveway was secured beyond this photo. Why would that be as the area containing the evidence was within the first 120'?

Daylight shot of driveway not secured.jpg

Bummer. We should all quit talking and then Jacob can disappear off of WS like so many other children. Remember Kyron who is still missing? People do not seem to remember.

So Jacob lives on for many of us. If it is too boring, there are so many other missing children and adults that maybe are more exciting on here

Didn't say it was too boring, what I'm getting at is it would be nice to receive some info from SCSO, because they've proved time and time again they can't solve cases themselves. Show the public what you have so we can help!

Kevin, on the other hand, decides to turn left (south) and see if there are any flashing lights down that direction. He gets as far as Rassiers’ driveway and knows it’s a dead end after that, so he decides to pull in and turn around. He pulls ALL THE WAY INTO THE DRIVEWAY and turns around by the light pole which is down by the house.
-http://www.joybaker.com/2013/03/14/kevins-story/

Why wouldn't he have just pulled into the driveway and then backed out onto the road like most people would have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966