MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I exchanged casual hello one time while biking by...that's it. Probably be hard pressed to find many in the neighborhood that have had extensive conversations with him. If you live on a farm, work more than one job, do some private music lessons, and do a gig in a band now and then....you don't have a whole lot of time.

Who have you spoken to with direct ties to the case? And people call DR a POI on here everyday. And according to defamation law, using the excuse your heard it from someone else or did a copy and paste doesn't work. I'm passing this info on for 2 reasons: 1) I know what it feels like, it unfairly and completely changes your life and who you are as a person. 2) I'm trying to inform to prevent anyone from going through the lawsuits in the court system....because it sucks too! It's up to each individual, their heart, and how well mom and dad taught them right from wrong and how to treat others with respect.

RBBM

People on here call DR a POI because he is one. He was publicly named a POI in 2010 AFTER the search of teh farm and his bedroom. Not on some "hunch." The hunch got them to the farm, but whatever they found made them declare DR a POI in public to both our local newspaper and local TV stations. So there is nothing wrong with us calling him a POI. You are assuming that "person of interest" means the worst. DR himself has stated he "knows things". Joy even stated on her blog that there were further things that DR couldn't reveal. That is probably why he's a POI.

RBBM

People on here call DR a POI because he is one. He was publicly named a POI in 2010 AFTER the search of teh farm and his bedroom. Not on some "hunch." The hunch got them to the farm, but whatever they found made them declare DR a POI in public to both our local newspaper and local TV stations. So there is nothing wrong with us calling him a POI. You are assuming that "person of interest" means the worst. DR himself has stated he "knows things". Joy even stated on her blog that there were further things that DR couldn't reveal. That is probably why he's a POI.

Exactly, further things he can't reveal, he knows things. When?

This case is more of a good kidnapping, since Piper was recovered alive, though of course, it is not without its negative aspects. In July 1972, Virginia Piper was kidnapped from her house and a ransom note was left with the housekeeper, who was found taped to a chair. Piper’s husband, an investment banker, paid the $1million ransom (the biggest on record at the time) promptly, and the day after, his wife was found chained to a tree in a Minnesota park. Five years later, two men were arrested for the crime and convicted, though the sentence was later overturned due to suspected tampering of evidence by the FBI. Only $4000 of the ransom was ever reclaimed.

-One would think lessons like those would be learned before they are given a badge.

Bummer. The one whose fingerprint was under question went on to murder only five people.

So you're suggesting that they may have lied to the public?!?!

Lied? Maybe they didn't want to say what they had. A hunch could have led the investigaters to look at things in the case and then they made documentation of what they found in order to get the warrant.

I don't think you liked what was said about you, right? So maybe LE did not say what they have.

Lied? Maybe they didn't want to say what they had. A hunch could have led the investigaters to look at things in the case and then they made documentation of what they found in order to get the warrant.

I don't think you liked what was said about you, right? So maybe LE did not say what they have.

Then maybe somethings should be left unsaid. If they're going to make a statement to the public, I expect the truth.

Have me and you ever spoken with each other before? Your thought process seems familiar somehow.....

So it is oK to talk about Lou, DAH, Hollinger as suspects even though they have not been named as anything.

But a POI is off limits?

it's 12 30 am, we'll talk about those cars and what happened to the abducted neighbor boy tomorrow, if they come to me. Goodnight everbody.

Please Note:

When a person has been named by law enforcement as a POI in a case they can be discussed on this forum.

You all thought I was asleep, like I wasn't going to waste my time. They're down at the gravel pit now, meh they will find out about the car tomorrow. Back to bed again.

Then maybe somethings should be left unsaid. If they're going to make a statement to the public, I expect the truth.

Have me and you ever spoken with each other before? Your thought process seems familiar somehow.....

Think Wright county

IMO, something is very wrong when road blocks aren't in place immediately when there's a suspected abduction. Wasn't it 24 hours? They have a helicopter overhead, and FBI everywhere, but they can't set up simple road blocks to check cars????

In 1989, there wasn't Amber Alert yet, but LE knew this was an abduction right away, because there were 2 witnesses....the other two boys.

Firefighters, 35 officers from SCSO, other law enforcement agencies, two local FBI agents, five FBI agents from Minneapolis, a state helicopter with a search light, and a command post set up-----------------> yet no road blocks??? And the helicopter only searches NEARBY LOCAL WOODS AND FIELDS?!?!

Why not search the main highways? Maybe they did, but I'm sure the abductor had Jacob where the wanted him, long before the road blocks were finally set up.

I think something is wrong with the SCSO, and more people should start asking questions. They're hiding something. The old excuse of the "investigation" will be compromised is getting old. If this was the case, then why the big media parade with DRs farm? Wouldn't that compromise the "investigation"??

What I have seen reading other cases on here, LE puts up roadblocks at the same time the next day when people would be traveling the same route. They want to see if anyone who is a regular in the route noticed anything.

If you look on google earth, you will see that up the road a ways is a highway that connects to points north ,south , east and west. They thought Jacob left in a car .

Where would a road block have done any good?

Think Wright county

That didn't really answer my question. You should be familiar with how investigations are conducted here in Stearns. I feel so bad for Josh's family. Jacob's case is still mention. Stearns managed to bury Josh's case right along with Bruce.

That is exactly why the story is incredibly incredibly suspect.

Only DR has stated that is what happened.

And I go back to Sher's friends who were searched so often they gave LE a key to use when THEY WERE NOT HOME!

What is the problem then. Why doesn't the R family want to cooperate then? Why?

DR was not named a POI until AFTER the search.

Until then, why isn't the R family as coooerative as Sher's friends? Why why why!!

This is nonsense. DR was obviously a POI before any of the searches and his family was acting as anyone would expect. This harping on the theme that "DR was not named a POI until AFTER the search." (Thereby suggesting that they Found something BIG) is very disingenuous. It is pretty obvious that nothing of significance was found.
J

This is nonsense. DR was obviously a POI before any of the searches and his family was acting as anyone would expect. This harping on the theme that "DR was not named a POI until AFTER the search." (Thereby suggesting that they Found something BIG) is very disingenuous. It is pretty obvious that nothing of significance was found.
J
BBM....yes he was, and DR said so himself. But it was not publicly stated. As per ELOC's book "It Can't Happen Here" page 194 the search began on June 30, 2010 and as per page 197, on July 3, 2010, Stearns County Sheriff John Sanner declared Dan Rassier, age 54, a "person of interest" in Jacob Wetterling's disappearance. How do you know nothing of significance was found?

J

To you. He was not named POI until after the search in 2010.

Do you have info that indicates he was named POI before then?

If so, please share

That didn't really answer my question. You should be familiar with how investigations are conducted here in Stearns. I feel so bad for Josh's family. Jacob's case is still mention. Stearns managed to bury Josh's case right along with Bruce.

Yes, Josh is a strange one. Why did the roommate delete the computer? Can't the FBI get info back?

And the R family connection with Gillespie is another mystery.

Re Wright. I answered. Use those brain cells and it should come to you

J

For what reason would his family think anything?

BBM....yes he was, and DR said so himself. But it was not publicly stated. As per ELOC's book "It Can't Happen Here" page 194 the search began on June 30, 2010 and as per page 197, on July 3, 2010, Stearns County Sheriff John Sanner declared Dan Rassier, age 54, a "person of interest" in Jacob Wetterling's disappearance. How do you know nothing of significance was found?

The guilty man runneth when no man pursueth.

Why would he think he is of any interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member