MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 items of notice:

1. fenceline is on north side of driveway so Mund is facing north....his prints are perpendicular to the road.
2. crime tape...is on the east....thus this area is secured. Not sure what time of day this picture was taken....mid to late morning it appears

This photo shows the area was secured also, tape is across road where DR would have stopped his car the next day when coming form the house. This looks like early Monday morning, before casts were made from the shadows. And these guys walking along taking photos (one of whom appears to be Steve Mund) were probably making a lot of those prints as they walked also. One guy is in the grass, one on road. They both appear to be holding cameras. They are walking East on the driveway and are both looking at the south half of the driveway.

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/walkdriveway.jpg.html?sort=4&o=30

Advancing public knowledge of the crime scene. Is Steve Mund still alive? Would he be sworn to secrecy over his analysis of what happened on the driveway? We need someone like Joy to get an interview with this guy. Is it correct that LE is supposed to release all crime scene knowledge to the public? I guess he may be sworn to secrecy if they are at a conclusion that the prints are planted. If not, I don't know why we cant know more.

DAH was only 5ft. 6in. tall. Short and stubby. The boys said the perp was taller, at around 6ft. tall.

DAH may be who assaulted Jared, but even then he couldn't pick him out of a line up.

The boys reported the perp to be approx. 5' 8" tall, about the same height as the Wetterling family neighbor.

This photo shows the area was secured also, tape is across road where DR would have stopped his car the next day when coming form the house. This looks like early Monday morning, before casts were made from the shadows. And these guys walking along taking photos (one of whom appears to be Steve Mund) were probably making a lot of those prints as they walked also. One guy is in the grass, one on road. They both appear to be holding cameras. They are walking East on the driveway and are both looking at the south half of the driveway.

http://s100.photobucket.com/user/shergal1/media/walkdriveway.jpg.html?sort=4&o=30

I suppose securing one side of the scene is better than securing none. Personally if I had to pick one, I would have picked the public side. I've seen no photos that show road side of the driveway sealed.

The boys reported the perp to be approx. 5' 8" tall, about the same height as the Wetterling families neighbor.

The boys had no height reference to fix the height in their terrified minds at that moment. Being shorter than the abductor, they would have had to look up at him. I would not get too caught up in the height they described. I would put a lot more into the physical description.

One of the biggest gripes I have is how many people walk around in a crime or missing person scene before I get there. I have to look at the peoples shoes so I can rule out their prints in the print field. If there are more than two, it becomes a nightmare.

Wow! You lived very close to the TT. Do you know anything regarding the witness that stated he saw the B brothers at the abduction site? Apparently he saw the boys COMING and GOING from the TT(and prior to that, seeing the B brothers in the ditch near the abduction site).....and it seems his only vantage point for that would be somewhere West + South of your residence.

Yes, there was a witness, and each one of the Bahners were interviewed, and the person interviewing was wearing a wire with two cops present. There was also a cop from the SCSO involved. Each one of the Bahners did not know the interviewer was talking to the others.

All their stories corroborated. The sister changed her story, then later told the interviewer she lied when she changed her story because she was afraid. When the SCSO investigator interviewed the Bahners, the Bahners denied being involved, and they were never told that the SCSO was aware of their confessions, and that they had been recorded. Then they just let them go. Bahners said Lou Kohls took Jacob.

The rest of the interviews/tapes, documents, and other research has not been looked at, although it has been made available to them for years, and some of it was physically taken to the Sheriff's office. Pam Jensen claimed the tapes were not in evidence, when she checked.

The boys reported the perp to be approx. 5' 8" tall, about the same height as the Wetterling family neighbor.

You may want to read the transcript. He is taller than 5'8". The neighbor

The boys had no height reference to fix the height in their terrified minds at that moment. Being shorter than the abductor, they would have had to look up at him. I would not get too caught up in the height they described. I would put a lot more into the physical description.

Jerry is pretty tall so they were used to height from their Dad. No idea about Aaron's dad.

Not much in the line of a description

I suppose securing one side of the scene is better than securing none. Personally if I had to pick one, I would have picked the public side. I've seen no photos that show road side of the driveway sealed.

Maybe they just wanted to make sure that DR would not drive over it when he came out? It did stop him.

Yes, there was a witness, and each one of the Bahners were interviewed, and the person interviewing was wearing a wire with two cops present. There was also a cop from the SCSO involved. Each one of the Bahners did not know the interviewer was talking to the others.

All their stories corroborated. The sister changed her story, then later told the interviewer she lied when she changed her story because she was afraid. When the SCSO investigator interviewed the Bahners, the Bahners denied being involved, and they were never told that the SCSO was aware of their confessions, and that they had been recorded. Then they just let them go. Bahners said Lou Kohls took Jacob.

The rest of the interviews/tapes, documents, and other research has not been looked at, although it has been made available to them for years, and some of it was physically taken to the Sheriff's office. Pam Jensen claimed the tapes were not in evidence, when she checked.

It's on youtube if anyone wants to hear it

At least the one footprint has been identified! Yay.

He was probably doing a demo for reporters. I doubt if there were reporters there when they were doing the crime scene.

LE has probably had a chuckle over the footprint caper on here.

It's on youtube if anyone wants to hear it

That is correct. Google Bahners, or Stearns truth. However, this is just a small portion of the information, and the rest has yet to be looked at. It will be difficult to make sense out of it, until the other information is heard/seen.

What else is involved no one knows, except for NCMEC. All LE parties have been notified through the last 18 years, since the initial recordings were done.

All parties have been notified by NCMEC....AGAIN. This is an on going process.

At the very least, these B brothers know something, and it's alleged LK is the abductor. LE needs to just look into it, and hopefully they will now.

Hello? Trevor? Yeah. You are talking to the sheriff’s office ok? Mmhmm. I want you to give me anything you can recall about this male party that approached you guys, ok? Well, he was, he was like, kind of, he was like a man. He was kind of like… He was large? Sort of. OK. He had like uh kind of like looks like these nylon things, as a mask. Do you know what color it was? Black. A black mask? Do you know what color jacket he had on? I think it was black too. Ok. Did you notice any jeans or anything? Yeah, just a second (asking others inaudible) Trevor, do you know what happened to your friend’s bicycle? Um no, we don’t know. Nobody knows what happened to that? Cause we had to just like run off into the woods. OK, you guys ran off into the woods but nobody knows what happened to Jacob, right? Yeah. OK. Can you think of anything else? Did the guy have… What? Did the guy have like a deep voice or anything like that you could remember? (Trevor asks others) It was very cold(?) OK, can you tell me, how big, compared to your dad or somebody how big would you say this guy was. He was about the size of Merle, the guy you were just talking to. OK, same height, same weight? Yeah. OK. Do you remember, and he had on a black mask and a black jacket. Do you know if the jacket was leather or nylon, did it have anything written on it? We couldn’t tell because it was so dark. OK. Can I talk to Merlin again real quick? Thank you. Yes? Merlin, how big are you? (laughs) OK, uh I am about 195 pounds and 5’10”. I know that’s hard for kids to pinpoint, but I have to try to figure out who he looks like. I am keeping you guys on hold because I am trying to talk to the officers at the same time, OK? So hang on just a second.

At least the one footprint has been identified! Yay.

He was probably doing a demo for reporters. I doubt if there were reporters there when they were doing the crime scene.

LE has probably had a chuckle over the footprint caper on here.

We do not have all the evidence they do. We have to stumble along and either confirm or eliminate what we discover based on photographs that are not nearly as clear and comprehensive as the ones they have.

We do not have all the evidence they do. We have to stumble along and either confirm or eliminate what we discover based on photographs that are not nearly as clear and comprehensive as the ones they have.

Any thoughts on direction of JW's last print Tracker? I put photos together to illustrate. Match the boxes in side by side Orange to orange, purple to purple, pink to pink. You'll see the painted circle stays on the gravel on that side being the southside.

Print side by side showing direction of prints.jpg

Painted circle stays on gravel to the south.jpg
Painted circle off of driveway.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads