MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, keep in mind that we have a mishmash of print pictures from varying times during the investigation. Some are stills and some are screen shots from videos. None of them are particularly clear and have no size reference or orientation markers. I am doing my best to make educated guesses based on my experience on photographs that are 26 years old and where I do not have all LE's photographs in one place along with the plaster casts.

Wow! You lived very close to the TT. Do you know anything regarding the witness that stated he saw the B brothers at the abduction site? Apparently he saw the boys COMING and GOING from the TT(and prior to that, seeing the B brothers in the ditch near the abduction site).....and it seems his only vantage point for that would be somewhere West + South of your residence.

Yes, BB. He lived with his family in the old farmstead just behind the TT, it's an empty lot now. I believe the family that owned the farm originally had the name Scherer, Schaefer, it started with an S I'm positive and I know for sure I've read the correct name on this thread before. It's possible he seen them as I can assure you the boys would have taken 91st and went right on East Baker, past BB house, then left to the Tom Thumb, and the same way on their return trip home. Whether he knew the B brothers, I never seen him with them.

Folks, keep in mind that we have a mishmash of print pictures from varying times during the investigation. Some are stills and some are screen shots from videos. None of them are particularly clear and have no size reference or orientation markers. I am doing my best to make educated guesses based on my experience on photographs that are 26 years old and where I do not have all LE's photographs in one place along with the plaster casts.

Could the footprints be from,some kind of shoe covering an investigator wore to work the crime scene? The flatness of the print may be because it is not a shoe?

Count the total # of horizontal tread lines for the prints in this photo (can you figure out how many per shoe?), and compare with the earlier pic ~Nike running shoes. Are the # of treads the same?

I count 31 on the print and 38 on the shoe. Not sure what size the shoe in the pic is or the size of the print. I could be counting wrong too being photo could be clearer. What does everyone else come up with???

Good source for this style of tread: https://www.facebook.com/classic.era.running/timeline - Good 'ol Facebook....LE's new best friend!!!!!!

As far as direction goes the comparison I've been making is the Mund photo of him pouring casts, you'll notice the circle on the ground stays on the driveway on the southside, where as the north side it seems to extend into the grass a bit. Now compare that to the pic of JW footprint with the wavy pattern print and the print that goes into the tire track, it would seem JW last print faced south. In the photo of Mund, notice the looping tire track behind him as well.

Mund pouring casts.jpg

You'll notice here the shadows are being cast from the top of the pic which indicates that direction to be south and the circle stays in the driveway on the southside

Track and prints - DR driveway 3 questions.jpg

I cannot believe what I just seen! SMH....
Mund pouring casts.jpg

Our perp is Mund!

Mund wearing Nike's.jpg

Back to square 1... Thanks for taking photos of your own prints Mund!

Well, I'm still seeing JW's print facing south, kinda changes things....Objections anyone???

Could the footprints be from,some kind of shoe covering an investigator wore to work the crime scene? The flatness of the print may be because it is not a shoe?

Nope, well kind of, just Mund's shoes

Wow... If Mund was wearing Nike runners, those might be his prints. The thing is I am not seeing signs of the plaster cast pour in Jacobs print unless the picture was taken by Mund before he poured the plaster.

Wow... If Mund was wearing Nike runners, those might be his prints. The thing is I am not seeing signs of the plaster cast pour in Jacobs print unless the picture was taken by Mund before he poured the plaster.

Sorry, whatever he is spraying in the photo posted

Tracker, I want you to take over the investigation. Your knowledge has exceeded those of years of investigators who supposedly are super-well trained. Thanks. Yes, there were "fresh eyes" in 2010, and we know where that investigation went...

View attachment 74001

Our perp is Mund!

View attachment 74002

Well, I'm still seeing JW's print facing south, kinda changes things....Objections anyone???

2 items of notice:

1. fenceline is on north side of driveway so Mund is facing north....his prints are perpendicular to the road.
2. crime tape...is on the east....thus this area is secured. Not sure what time of day this picture was taken....mid to late morning it appears

View attachment 74001

Our perp is Mund!

View attachment 74002

Congratulations, that is an exceptional discovery. Here you had speculated they were nike running shoes and then you were able to confirm it.

2 items of notice:

1. fenceline is on north side of driveway so Mund is facing north....his prints are perpendicular to the road.
2. crime tape...is on the east....thus this area is secured. Not sure what time of day this picture was taken....mid to late morning it appears

Right look at the circle on the ground. Behind him (South), circle stays in the gravel. In front of him (North) goes into the grass. When you compare Shergal's photo of driveway and photo of JW's print, I believe JW's print faces south. Why wouldn't the driveway not be secured on the public sector side?

Sorry, whatever he is spraying in the photo posted

He is spraying a "fixing agent" on the prints so subtle nuances in the print will not be damaged by the heavy plaster of Paris. This is a normal procedure. There are now a lot of other things we can use to make casts from that vary from dental plaster to spray wax to liquid sodium.

Tracker, I want you to take over the investigation. Your knowledge has exceeded those of years of investigators who supposedly are super-well trained. Thanks. Yes, there were "fresh eyes" in 2010, and we know where that investigation went...

I think if that were to happen, I would want all of you along as well. I'm gettin kind of old... ;)

I just interpret what you folks give me. Tinner gets most of the credit on this latest revelation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie