MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think it could be a roaming predator. Yes, it was Sunday night, but I travel for business. Unfortunately, you have to get to meetings on Monday.

I was actually considering asking if there was a place in any of these threads in which someone had listed suspects with their backgrounds and motives, to make comparisons...so, thank you.

It seems to me like neither of these two, but sometimes it does turn out to be the one who seemed easy to rule out.
It's either DR or someone we don't know about. I would say that we don't know about Hollinger.

Who knows DR that says he could not have done it? I have not seen thar anyone knows him

There is a poster on here who lives real close by that doesn't think he's the one. Don't remember the poster's name

Really? I do not recall anyone saying they know him.

The only one who is a neighbor that I have read anything about is Patty W. She asked him if it was a prank and something happened to Jacob accidentally

Everyone I have spoken to that lives in the area. He is weird but not someone people worry about.

It is a problem when looking at him.

Could you be somewhat more specific? Do these people know him? What did you ask? What do they think?

The only one who is a neighbor that I have read anything about is Patty W. She asked him if it was a prank and something happened to Jacob accidentally

I believe it was Tinner but he's in time out

I still think it could be a roaming predator. Yes, it was Sunday night, but I travel for business. Unfortunately, you have to get to meetings on Monday.

I think so, too. There was that unidentified person who fit the description of the perp, who witnesses claimed had been loitering in nearby stores(and glaring at them) on the day of Jacob's abduction.

Could you be somewhat more specific? Do these people know him? What did you ask? What do they think?
People appreciate him and really like his parents. I think ELOC has found the same. This does not come exclusively from Tinner, although his attitude is similar to a lot of local people.

They just don't think DR did it and will tell you. They also think he has mishandled the media and can look like an jerk. They suspect he has low emotional intelligence, but not that he's a murderer. He is a different guy but would likely help you if your car broke down.

Of the post Kevin JW case, he is the strongest candidate. But, weaknesses are evident in the case against DR.

As pathetic as it is, this is a hobby of mine and I speak people about the case off the internet. I have been to St Joe's a number of times and talk to people there. It's not a big place. For those who have not been there, I very strongly believe you need to go and see the abduction site.

I don't think a roaming predator would've used a mask in the pitch black cover of night...also the perp had to be very confident that nobody would be coming or going from the Rassier farm while he carried out an abduction. If it were anyone other than DR a vehicle would've been parked on the driveway some where near Jacob's last print otherwise it made no sense to walk Jacob up the driveway if a vehicle was parked in any other direction. Parking a vehicle far up a farm drive plus doing the abduction was an extreme risk....and in my opinion the abductor had to see the kids on their way to Tom Thumb just to observe that their wasn't an adult riding in the group which would mean the perp was in place on that driveway for quite some time. Too risky. JMHO.

More than 14 years passed. Why the renewed interest in this man now?
The FOX 9 Investigators have learned that investigators now doubt one
of the main theories of Jacob Wetterling's disappearance. That theory:
While Jacob, his brother and a friend walked their bikes and scooter
home from a convenience store, somebody got out of a car, grabbed
Jacob. and fled in his car.

Stearns County investigators are steering away from the car.. leaving
their suspect on foot. and local. That fits with the other boys said..

This is a copy of a statement Jacob's best friend Aaron gave police.

Statement: "Was there any vehicles or anything around at this point
that you observed? uh uh. Not that we could see."

How did the car come into play. Remember the witness turned possible
suspect? It was his account that placed a car at the scene that night.
He said it turned around a sped away about the time jacob disappeared.

The FOX 9 Investigators also have learned there was a car nearby that
night. We found the driver. He is not a suspect.

"A now-retired detective told FOX 9 on Friday there may have been another car at the scene
and Jacob's footprints appear to have led to the tire tracks of a parked car."

I think so, too. There was that unidentified person who fit the description of the perp, who witnesses claimed had been loitering in nearby stores(and glaring at them) on the day of Jacob's abduction.

I believe ELOC's book addresses that guy. And he is out of it

As pathetic as it is, this is a hobby of mine and I speak people about the case off the internet. I have been to St Joe's a number of times and talk to people there. It's not a big place. For those who have not been there, I very strongly believe you need to go and see the abduction site.
I searched and was there several times. It certainly does make a difference to see the isolation and how it was the perfect spot for what happened.

"A now-retired detective told FOX 9 on Friday there may have been another car at the scene
and Jacob's footprints appear to have led to the tire tracks of a parked car."

Do you have more info on this?

Do you have more info on this?

Why can't we prove by now what happened on that driveway? What do they see? With the print field we see, how was it logical to change to someone on foot? I see the evidence of a parked car as well.

Is there any reason why both can't be true? By Foot and By Vehicle

People appreciate him and really like his parents. I think ELOC has found the same. This does not come exclusively from Tinner, although his attitude is similar to a lot of local people.

They just don't think DR did it and will tell you. They also think he has mishandled the media and can look like an jerk. They suspect he has low emotional intelligence, but not that he's a murderer. He is a different guy but would likely help you if your car broke down.

Of the post Kevin JW case, he is the strongest candidate. But, weaknesses are evident in the case against DR.

I think you have expressed very well the Achille's Heel of the the DR as perp theory.

IDK...but Why not? Why either/or? Something's amiss in all of this....I can't place my finger on it....IMHO....LE has something in this realm which would cause them to make an abrupt 180 degree turn....the 'on foot' description could be a euphemism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Askmetomorrow2