Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His parents were gone to Europe.

He was shown on TV saying his mother did not have black hose, but right in the video, there are black hose hanging.

He may have some himself for running. Men have discovered that they are good for wearinf when it is cold. Even burly construction workers.

Thank you - I didn't know they were in Europe. That'd definitely leave him ample time/space, IF he did it. I'm still not sure(mostly because it seems to me like he'd have "easier" ways to gain control over children around him than confronting them with a gun), but lying doesn't really endear suspects to LE, or to most other people.

And, really, if he's going to lie, why not hide the item he's lying about? I suppose the family could say he thought they were navy blue stockings, instead, or something. :liar:

I wonder if he was meaning to taunt Jacob's family(or LE, for suspecting him) in some way.

Thank you - I didn't know they were in Europe. That'd definitely leave him ample time/space, IF he did it. I'm still not sure(mostly because it seems to me like he'd have "easier" ways to gain control over children around him than confronting them with a gun), but lying doesn't really endear suspects to LE, or to most other people.

And, really, if he's going to lie, why not hide the item he's lying about? I suppose the family could say he thought they were navy blue stockings, instead, or something. :liar:

I wonder if he was meaning to taunt Jacob's family(or LE, for suspecting him) in some way.
He was interviewed on TV saying he didn't have access to stocking with them on the door.

N
I forgot that the perp was wearing black nylon stockings over his face, and not a "robber mask" or balaclava that leaves the eyes free and allows clear vision and etc.

How in the world did he manage to navigate that scene at night with that sort of thing

over his eyes? I can barely find my car in a lit area at night, much less in the woods with a bunch of stockings on my head(not that I'm saying I've tried that!).

Was it something he had lying around in his car that he decided to use spur-of-the-moment when he saw the boys, I wonder, or did he actually plan to show up in stockings? Why would he have stockings on hand to use as a mask to begin with? Is he married, is he a cross-dresser who might normally appear as a woman in day-to-day life, or is he just some weird guy who likes collecting stockings?

If D.R. lives with his parents, he could have borrowed his mother's stockings, I guess...but, then, if he lives with his parents, I'm inclined to believe he didn't commit this crime. I'm inclined to believe he didn't, anyway, though I agree with everyone who's saying he seems a bit "off" and has a certain cloud of suspicion around him.

I am of the same era as DR and his siblings, we used to put nylon stockings on our heads and run around outisde at night on the farm and play night games and scare the heck out of those we were playing with, it was hide and seek on steroids, and your voice sounded like you had a cold because your nose was squished. That type of disguise would not surprise me for his era.

I would certainly like absolute verification. I have never heard the Rassiers have a cabin, and in Avon? Avon is just up the street, so to speak.

Farmers often have cabins close, it is a get away when you really can't get away if you have cows to milk 7 days a week.

Does anyone know if either aaron or Trevor did hypnosis after 2004 and could they then have thought the person was DR? And that was the reason for Patty's planned encounter with Dr at the gym?

Let's hope for a miracle today for Patty. That would be the best Mothers Day ever for me. My son is the same age as jacob and that is why I follow this thread to this day. Say your prayers.

Does anyone know if either aaron or Trevor did hypnosis after 2004 and could they then have thought the person was DR? And that was the reason for Patty's planned encounter with Dr at the gym?

The only person I have heard about undergoing hypnosis is D.R.(or else, that's what he said in some interview, but it seems pretty well-established that he doesn't always tell the truth, if he was willing to go on television and lie so boldly and obviously).

I do remember reading an article that quoted Trevor for having mentioned that he has had many dreams over the years(which probably includes recently, post-2004) about the incident - but, he sees the guy as an "unknown" each time. I suppose dreams could be considered similar to hypnosis, in that they can also reveal some long-buried subconscious impressions.

I think D.R. met with Patty to "clear his name" or something. I wonder how that went, and what she might think of him.

I follow this thread for similar personal reasons - I, myself, am very close to the age that Jacob would be today, so the "he should also have been allowed to live this long" factor of this case keeps me focused on it.

Somewhere it said that the boys were hypnotized, but it was soon after the horror.

I don't recall what was said about that.

Patty did meet with DR. She bumped into him at a gym and spoke with him somewhere?

I think she asked him if it was a prank.

It sounds like at that time she thought it was him. I forget when that was that they met

DR has acted very nonchalant about the case (Some would even say uncaring). I find it significant given this history that he kept a box of mementos to have in his private space. We know "trophies"are kept by a lot serial killers, say Ed Gein; and for print, btk.

Having a shoebox full of mementos is probably the most damning piece of circumstantial evidence that has been released by the police.

Which, in my own opinion, is why DR is considered a POI. Unless they (LE) know other things.

I keep coming back to what Mossad was saying in post #927 of 12-25-2014. Second and third paragraph. He might not know anything specific but I wonder if he suspects someone or someones. And the novel idea of using crowdfunding to jumpstart a cold case is really an interesting idea.

so who would you get to start investigating?

so who would you get to start investigating?

A private investigator was used. The FBI was on the case. State officials were part of the investigation. New posters went up. The case was featured on The Hunt. A reward was offered. Thousands and thousands (more?) of flyers were distributed nationwide, including by truckers. A 25 mile radius search was conducted. Hundreds were interviewed. Sex offenders were questioned. A book has been written. The Wetterling Foundation made the case nationally known. And, of course, there was local LE, including a couple of investigators who thought in 2010 they would blow the case wide open but, of course, did not do so. I'm sure I've missed much more.

Currently, two theories seem to be prevalent.

1) DR did it. He had the opportunity, space and land knowledge to hide a body. He has acted strangely in press interviews and collected memorabilia about the case in his bedroom. In light of the fact he has acted like he does not particularly care about this case, it is strange to collect newspaper articles.
PRO: DR was in the area and had the time and opportunity. Solves vehicle issues.
Con: Seems against his character. Most who know him can't imagine his involvement. Lives with parents, believed to be a typical Norwegian bachelor farmer (asexuality is common in the culture).

Nothing conclusive ever found in searches.

2) DAH did it. Serial child molester currently in Moose Lake. Despicable human being by all accounts. Jared and Joy believe he raped Jared which has certain similarities to the case (sans car).
PRO: motive is clear and was sexual. Known sex predator
CON: DAH seems to have been good at grooming victims by giving them pot, alcohol or treats. His victim count is thought to be between 50-100. JW does not fit his MO. It is rumored he was molesting another child when JW was taken.

Has been a suspect since day 1, nothing conclusive has ever been found in searches.

Furthermore, a man of his intelligence would have left clues.

1) DR did it. He had the opportunity, space and land knowledge to hide a body. He has acted strangely in press interviews and collected memorabilia about the case in his bedroom. In light of the fact he has acted like he does not particularly care about this case, it is strange to collect newspaper articles.
PRO: DR was in the area and had the time and opportunity. Solves vehicle issues.
Con: Seems against his character. Most who know him can't imagine his involvement. Lives with parents, believed to be a typical Norwegian bachelor farmer (asexuality is common in the culture).

2) DAH did it. Serial child molester currently in Moose Lake. Despicable human being by all accounts. Jared and Joy believe he raped Jared which has certain similarities to the case (sans car).
CON: DAH seems to have been good at grooming victims by giving them pot, alcohol or treats. His victim count is thought to be between 50-100. JW does not fit his MO. It is rumored he was molesting another child when JW was taken.

Has been a suspect since day 1, nothing conclusive has ever been found in searches.

3. Hollinger did it.

Who knows DR that says he could not have done it? I have not seen thar anyone knows him

I was actually considering asking if there was a place in any of these threads in which someone had listed suspects with their backgrounds and motives, to make comparisons...so, thank you.

It seems to me like neither of these two, but sometimes it does turn out to be the one who seemed easy to rule out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019