MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be inclined to think something is psychologically "off" about him if he is still living with his parents in middle age, but there could be other reasons for that choice.

LE can only be as smart as the information they receive.

Or as smart as the information they'll look at. If information is presented to them that may be important to this case, they have an obligation to look it. If they don't look at it, then they will lose the trust of citizens who entrust their safety to them.

In Jacob's case, I do not believe they've looked at some important pieces of evidence. (modsnip)

This is a public forum, and viewable by the general public. This means potential POIs can see what we post, and so can LE.

DR has been publically named a person of interest.

It's my personal opinion he's being used as a fall guy. I've read a lot about this case, and it's not adding up. I've heard other things about this case that helped me come to that decision.

Here's what naming a POI can do to a person:

http://writ.news.findlaw.com/lazarus/20050526.html

The rules are all over the website and the beginning of the thread. You can always ask Bessie too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DR has been publically named a person of interest.

It's my personal opinion he's being used as a fall guy. I've read a lot about this case, and it's not adding up. I've heard other things about this case that helped me come to that decision.

Here's what naming a POI can do to a person:

http://writ.news.findlaw.com/lazarus/20050526.html

The reason DR is fair game to discuss is he was named a POI by LE and his farm has been searched 3 times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The point is that there's not a lot of "facts" out there. Thinking outside the box is what helps get crimes solved. Thinking outside the box lead to more "facts".......not the facts that have lead to nothing so far.

If LE found something on DRs property, the forensics we have today is capable of finding who or what it's linked to. Five years is too long.

There's other POIs that need to be investigated with the same effort applied to DR.

Some facts lead LE to name DR as POI.

I know you think he is a fall guy, but why not name a Huber or DAH as the guy?

They are already locked up. Case closed. Public happy.

Why keep it open and have speculation ? Why a "fall guy". who does not close the case?

Some facts lead LE to name DR as POI.

I know you think he is a fall guy, but why not name a Huber or DAH as the guy?

They are already locked up. Case closed. Public happy

Why keep it open and have speculation ? Why a "fall guy". who does not close the case?

I think LE is trying, but so far it's not working out for them. They may have to dig deeper, and retool a few things.

ADMIN NOTE:

First of all, questions about the rules, and why posts are snipped or removed, should always be addressed in a private message to an admin or a mod.

"Posting in a thread to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not appropriate in a public forum. Please utilize the board’s Private Message function or email to contact staff if you wish to discuss these issues."

Secondly, alluding to information for which you cannot, or will not, provide a link is not allowed. If you can't link it, don't post it, or post about it.

This case is complicated in that it has been unresolved for so many years. DR has been named a POI by LE, and thus, he can be discussed as long as the facts are backed up by a link to MSM.

ELOC's book can be discussed. When using the book as a source, be sure to reference a chapter and page number to support your statements, just as you would with a link to MSM. The same goes for any source approved as a reference.

Convicted child predators and sexual offenders can be mentioned if you can provide a LE or MSM link, but remember to keep the discussion relevant to the Jacob Wetterling case, and limit the discussion to RSO's in the vicinity of the abduction.

Using initials in place of full names is strongly advised, even if the individual has been named in the media.

If you are unsure whether or not a topic or individual is allowed, pm a mod or admin before you post.

Also, if you quote a post which has to be removed, your post is subject to removal, as well.

Rules: Etiquette & Information

I think LE is trying, but so far it's not working out for them. They may have to dig deeper, and retool a few things.

I think the scene itself is the only concrete thing they have to work with, so they're looking at him because he's the only person they can verify as having been there at the time(and because all the other scene-related leads, or at least those that have been made public, seem to have come to nothing).

It is interesting that Father Gillespie, a child sex offender, came and gave his heartfelt condolences to the Wetterling family. So sick! No one knew of the priest abuse at that time and certainly did not know about father G.

Father G was a friend of an R brother.

And of course DR teaches at St. John's. The R family is very involved with the church.

Somewhere it was stated that the R father went to church everyday.

DR was named POI even though he has all of those connections to the church.

Still don't get if he is a "fall guy, as some have suggested, why a far more palatable person was not chosen as "fall guy".

they were not Catholic, but Jacob had his picture taken riding a horse on a ranch owned by a monk's family shortly before he went missing.

Is this ranch not a super popular place where tons and tons of people have gone over the course of years and years?

Is there a link for the picture on the horse? Any other documented connection to the Catholic Church? To a particular clergyman? If not, the topic is too broad to be relevant, and derails the discussion.

It is interesting that Father Gillespie, a child sex offender, came and gave his heartfelt condolences to the Wetterling family. So sick! No one knew of the priest abuse at that time and certainly did not know about father G.

Father G was a friend of an R brother.

And of course DR teaches at St. John's. The R family is very involved with the church.

Somewhere it was stated that the R father went to church everyday.

DR was named POI even though he has all of those connections to the church.

Still don't get if he is a "fall guy, as some have suggested, why a far more palatable person was not chosen as "fall guy".

I still say it's because D.R. is the only known connection to the abduction site.

I would think that, if he was connected to something so huge, it would explain him not "needing" a lawyer...but, Father G's actions here don't necessarily incriminate him or anyone else.

He may have been sincerely sorry to see Jacob was taken and possibly killed(rather than "merely" molested and let go); he may have also been throwing the incident in Jerry's face in some way.

Yup, I don't see how the entire community was involved here.

I still say it's because D.R. is the only known connection to the abduction site.

I would think that, if he was connected to something so huge, it would explain him not "needing" a lawyer...but, Father Gillespie's actions here don't necessarily incriminate him or anyone else.

He may have been sincerely sorry to see Jacob was taken and possibly killed(rather than "merely" molested and let go); he may have also been throwing the incident in Jerry's face in some way.

Yup, I don't see how the entire community was involved here.

I am commenting on Father G because of the absolute ick of a child molester going to the family of a kidnapped child and offering sympathy.

To me, that is so creepy.

The link about Father G is also creepy(and it gives evidence of Catholic Church corruption in the area).

I still see no reason to tie Jacob's abduction to the Church, though, despite the article(not anyone here; just the article) seeming to suggest that he might have approached the Wetterlings with condolences to keep suspicion(warranted or not) off of himself.

I don' t think there is a tie to the church as the W family is not Catholic.

And back in those days, no one knew about the priests. I am sure they had free reign with kids

As a child, we used to joke that the priests and nuns were having relationships with each other. The real situation never entered our minds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Columba64