MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think forensic science can advance? Why?

Of course they can!!!!! It's advanced enough now to do what they need. It was advanced enough 10 years ago to do what they need to do with DR's stuff.

I think the SCSO loves this constant recycling of the DR drivel!
It makes it look like they're working on the case.

Meanwhile, the perp responsible is likely raping more boys!

Sickening!

Of course they can!!!!! It's advanced enough now to do what they need. It was advanced enough 10 years ago to do what they need to do with DR's stuff.

I think the SCSO loves this constant recycling of the DR drivel!
It makes it look like they're working on the case.

Meanwhile, the perp responsible is likely raping more boys!

Sickening!

Could you please share what they have? I have only read what DR says they have.

It would like to see the more detailed and comprehensive list as I have never seen it. TIA

I believe the only investigators now are those with Stearns Co. The FBI, etc. are no longer involved. Stearns Co. would like to save face after the 2010 fiasco.

It was the BAC that did the digging and the analysis.

Who got the cadaver dogs?

Wjat about the Wetterlings? They want LE to save face and forget it all as well?

There is plenty of intellectual room to claim that DR did not do it. But, I would say that the vast conspiracy theories simply do not make sense. "I needed some sleep."

There is plenty of intellectual room to claim that DR did not do it. But, I would say that the vast conspiracy theories simply do not make sense. "I needed some sleep."

If you look at things as black and white, you're not going to understand the grey. I'm not getting how this can go 26 years, and so many people don't think in another direction, and the chance there's possible corruption involved, and a pedophile ring that needs to be investigated.

The Sheriff's dept. ends up going after a man with no criminal record, and no known knowledge of pedophilia, just because it happened on his property? Oh, we know he's contradicted himself, and he's odd, but who wouldn't be a mess when dealing with their property being tossed around like this? Conspiracy....why not?

Dan needs to get a lawyer.

We need to look at facts. Not make up conspiracies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just thinking about the question why Jacob and not other perhaps more vulnerable kids. It's possible that the perp became fixated on him. Liked him and an obsession grew. Which of course points to someone who might see him a lot, have the opportunity to build up a fantasy. While i'm not convinced of DR's guilt, he would have the chance to see the Wetterlings a lot. Maybe see Jacob out playing with friends, around the neighbourhood.

The point is that there's not a lot of "facts" out there. Thinking outside the box is what helps get crimes solved. Thinking outside the box lead to more "facts".......not the facts that have lead to nothing so far.

If LE found something on DRs property, the forensics we have today is capable of finding who or what it's linked to. Five years is too long.

There's other POIs that need to be investigated with the same effort applied to DR.

The point is that there's not a lot of "facts" out there. Thinking outside the box is what helps get crimes solved. Thinking outside the box lead to more "facts".......not the facts that have lead to nothing so far.

If LE found something on DRs property, the forensics we have today is capable of finding who or what it's linked to. Five years is too long.

There's other POIs that need to be investigated with the same effort applied to DR.

We don't know what facts led LE to what they did.

I am sorry to bug you, but could you please list the items they took from the farrm. That would give us a little more to research, perhaps.

If you look at things as black and white, you're not going to understand the grey. I'm not getting how this can go 26 years, and so many people don't think in another direction, and the chance there's possible corruption involved, and a pedophile ring that needs to be investigated.

The Sheriff's dept. ends up going after a man with no criminal record, and no known knowledge of pedophilia, just because it happened on his property? Oh, we know he's contradicted himself, and he's odd, but who wouldn't be a mess when dealing with their property being tossed around like this? Conspiracy....why not?

I could give your theory credibility if people that lived in the area spoke about "children trading" or some form of child *advertiser censored* ring. It was/is an area where everyone know everybody else. People my age don't remember kids disappearing in classes or strange things like that. Ask them. In the parts of Milwaukee where this is happening, kids tell their parents and talk to the media.

The children that were abused were victims of family members, the Bahners (the original stearns problem) or the Church. Both of these channels seem devastatingly effective without forced abductions.

I don't care if you speculate with facts. You have a way of posting things that no one can verify.

What are the names of the retired police who believe in the Bahner tapes?

Jewelia, could you please post the items found in the search at the farm? There is nothing in the rules against that

If they found dna, he'd have an attorney

As I see it, this is the answer to all the speculation about D.R.

There are cases in which people who can barely even claim a connection to the victim have "lawyered up" and even dropped off the radar, just in case...I would think that D.R., as maligned as he's been over the years due to the circumstances of Jacob's abduction, would be in a hurry to do the same if he really did have something to hide.

It really rubs me the wrong way that his interest in Jacob being found seems to be all about clearing his own name, though - with seemingly zero compassion for his family or for how short his life was.

I can't personally argue with this. This is a sound and valuable comment.

We do need concrete facts to get a conviction, but, while I see no evidence of a lot of the theories that have been posted here, brainstorming is really the only thing that's going to get us anywhere.

Maybe someone here can come up with that one connection that LE isn't finding.

Good luck planning this in advance with multiple people when the boys just decided at the last second that they were going to bike to the Tom Thumb for the first time in their life. They must have had a crystal ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've always read and seen discussed, this was the boys' first trip to TT in the dark but not their first trip ever.

Just thinking about the question why Jacob and not other perhaps more vulnerable kids. It's possible that the perp became fixated on him. Liked him and an obsession grew. Which of course points to someone who might see him a lot, have the opportunity to build up a fantasy. While i'm not convinced of DR's guilt, he would have the chance to see the Wetterlings a lot. Maybe see Jacob out playing with friends, around the neighbourhood.

Someone who saw Jacob a lot would have reason to disguise himself. If he saw Jacob, Jacob could have seen him.

Whether or not anyone would be a mess depends on their personality and details that we probably don't have. An egotistical perp. who thinks he's smarter than LE, who is convinced he has committed the "perfect crime" may actually be amused at this point and just cocky enough to think he doesn't need an attorney. Remember, no one was focused on DR for many years because they were looking for a vehicle. Perhaps during those years he determined that he has gotten away with it and he's just "crazy" enough to think he will never be found out.

All speculation of course. I don't know if DR was involved or not, but just because he doesn't have an attorney doesn't led me personally to conclude that he is innocent. He may be just that arrogant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl