MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting to know exactly what made LE change their position on the sure link between the two cases.

I didn't know they'd decided there was a "sure link" at some point. It would be interesting to me to know what made them sure at one time.

I would expect a link, but not if they do now have reason to believe there isn't.

I didn't know they'd decided there was a "sure link" at some point. It would be interesting to me to know what made them sure at one time.

I would expect a link, but not if they do now have reason to believe there isn't.

It seemed more sure for the first 15 years, when you had the unidentified tire tracks in Jacobs case and a perp still not accounted for.

25 years later the tire tracks have been accounted for and Jared says he knows who his guy is.

It seemed more sure for the first 15 years, when you had the unidentified tire tracks in Jacobs case and a perp still not accounted for.

25 years later the tire tracks have been accounted for and Jared says he knows who his guy is.
If you listen to the second half to Joy/Jared podcast, it's pretty clear DAH is the focus of their efforts.

Disguised vs Undisguised
Vehicle vs No Confirmed Vehicle
Gun/Toy Gun vs No Gun (just a threat at least)
Kid returned to safe drop vs Kid never returned

And then you have to ask, is there proof yet it was sexual in jacobs case or just plain violent?

It's not a sure link but the M.O. is similar.
3 kids vs. 1

Just throwing this out there for abductor methodology and behavior. The abductor fondled the boys, then left two witnesses alive while abducting one. He did not kill the other two boys and did not seem concerned that he would be identified. There appeared to be no need to eliminate the witnesses, or there was something about his mentality or experience in life that prevented him from eliminating child witnesses. To me this brings into question what the abductor did to Jacob. No body has ever been located. Somehow this abductor does not initially come off as a killer, or at least not unless he is forced into it.

We all know that children can be held for many years and only discovered by accident or escape.

Edited to add: The abductor also did not seem too concerned that he would be caught.

Just throwing this out there for abductor methodology and behavior. The abductor fondled the boys, then left two witnesses alive while abducting one. He did not kill the other two boys and did not seem concerned that he would be identified. There appeared to be no need to eliminate the witnesses, or there was something about his mentality or experience in life that prevented him from eliminating child witnesses. To me this brings into question what the abductor did to Jacob. No body has ever been located. Somehow this abductor does not initially come off as a killer, or at least not unless he is forced into it.

We all know that children can be held for many years and only discovered by accident or escape.

Edited to add: The abductor also did not seem too concerned that he would be caught.

I would like to bring the fondling from rumor to fact because this is new news to the public. Can you provide the verifiable link to this information?

I don't think it is, ELOC also did not put in book. Regardless, I can't think of another reasonable motive outside of the Sexual realm. Believe "replacement son" theories are difficult to believe,

Then members are not allowed to speak about this as fact without verification. Period.

I would like to bring the fondling from rumor to fact because this is new news to the public. Can you provide the verifiable link to this information?

Quote from Patty Wetterling: ""This is a sexually motivated crime. Sometimes, you need to say that," Patty said. "So, it's not like we're in la-la land."
http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/2014/10/18/wetterlings-still-coping-heartbreak/17529251/

Quote from Donovan Mikelson (former chief of police): "The kidnapper, who I absolutely believe to be Dan Rassier, saw them drive past the end of his driveway (actually his parents farm) and knew the were going into town and knew they were coming back that same way. He stepped out in front of them with his pistol and told them to stop and choose the one he wanted. He also fondled one or all of the boys in the groin area to maybe see who had the best package? He told the boys to leave and not turn around and, look and that gave him ample time to step into the trees on his parents farm. Go to Google Earth and check it out and you will see how easily it could be done. If Law Enforcement would have made a thorough search of the Rassier farm, they might have found something. If they would have had dogs immediately, it might have led them right to Jacob. It is nearly impossible to change my mind on the killer of Jacob but I still keep an open mind. Good accurate points you made and I appreciate your posting them."
https://lightingtheirwayhome.wordpr...tober-22-1989-usmcc000001-updated-05-04-2013/

The fondling has also been confirmed by 2 retired FBI. So the fondling shows sexual motivation in the abduction.

Quote from Patty Wetterling: ""This is a sexually motivated crime. Sometimes, you need to say that," Patty said. "So, it's not like we're in la-la land."
http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/2014/10/18/wetterlings-still-coping-heartbreak/17529251/

Quote from Donovan Mikelson (former chief of police): "The kidnapper, who I absolutely believe to be Dan Rassier, saw them drive past the end of his driveway (actually his parents farm) and knew the were going into town and knew they were coming back that same way. He stepped out in front of them with his pistol and told them to stop and choose the one he wanted. He also fondled one or all of the boys in the groin area to maybe see who had the best package? He told the boys to leave and not turn around and, look and that gave him ample time to step into the trees on his parents farm. Go to Google Earth and check it out and you will see how easily it could be done. If Law Enforcement would have made a thorough search of the Rassier farm, they might have found something. If they would have had dogs immediately, it might have led them right to Jacob. It is nearly impossible to change my mind on the killer of Jacob but I still keep an open mind. Good accurate points you made and I appreciate your posting them."
https://lightingtheirwayhome.wordpr...tober-22-1989-usmcc000001-updated-05-04-2013/

The fondling has also been confirmed by 2 retired FBI. So the fondling shows sexual motivation in the abduction.

That's interesting but not entirely there for me, the fondling has not been made public in MSM. The public does not know yet. I want to hear it from the current investigation or the boys themselves. Where can I read about the two retired fbi speaking about the fondling?

That's interestin but not entirely there for me, the fondling has not been made public in MSM. The public does not know yet. I want to hear it from the current investigation or the boys themselves.

Patty's quote is in MSM. I think Patty Wetterling's quote should be good enough.

Patty's quote is in MSM. I think Patty Wetterling's quote should be good enough.

Was that quote made during the first 15 years? Were the boys clothes collected for DNA testing? Was the perp wearing gloves when he fondled them?

Is it verified as fact?

It has been discussed at least twice before and posted about once since the thread was locked and edited, so I assumed it was still in play. If I am incorrect, I will remove it from my post and smack my own hands.

It has been discussed at least twice before and posted about once since the thread was locked and edited, so I assumed it was still in play. If I am incorrect, I will remove it from my post and smack my own hands.

Where and how can it be verified right now? Patty saying this is a sexually motivated crime, doesn't say why it is.

You have to know who we are looking for. Relatives of the perp need to be aware of what we are looking for, people who can turn this guy in. If these boys were fondled why wasn't this very good information ever released by active LE as factual? In Jareds case it was.

Please leave the moderating to the moderators.

If you see a problem post, alert on it, and leave it to the moderators to handle.

Thanks.

You have to know who we are looking for. Relatives of the perp need to be aware of what we are looking for, people who can turn this guy in. If these boys were fondled why wasn't this very good information ever released by active LE as factual? In Jareds case it was.
This info would be very helpful to Joy, and I have not seen her use it. I think the Sheriff got the cases confused.

Where and how can it be verified right now? Patty saying this is a sexually motivated crime, doesn't say why it is.

I agree. I wonder if this type of crime was so unheard of back in 1989 and almost 'taboo' to talk about so they didn't specify the motive.

I think there are several things that LE needs to release and/or clarify if they ever want to see any movement on this case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlacath