MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the most compelling piece of evidence for everyone?

Trish Van Pilsum: “Why would you go to bed when a kid had just disappeared?”

The Man: “I wanted to get some sleep. I wasn’t going to waste my time.”

Honestly, there is absolutely nothing new to discuss. The case hasn't had movement since 2010. Just about every possibility has been discussed on some previous post. Newbie posters would do well to review posts that are already out there.

16 threads worth would be rather taxing?

I'm not a newbie but I have no issue with someone sharing their views on the case. So what if it's been posted before?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still think the mementos in his possession are pretty damning. They just don't square with me given his "I need some sleep" attitude.

I'm not a newbie but I have no issue with someone sharing their views on the case. So what if it's been posted before?

It keeps the case alive to us. I also welcome newbies to look at the evidence.

What is the most compelling piece of evidence for everyone?

It isn't "evidence," per se, but the thing I find most compelling is the possible connection between this case and all the other attacks on boys in the general area. I'd want to explore that as much as possible if I was an investigator.

Agreed! My internet connection would never have allowed me to browse all those threads.

Any on-topic post "bumps up" this thread and keeps it relevant. So many threads just disappear into oblivion after the usual things have been discussed, and that's sad.

Whether he's guilty or not, his attitude makes me want to throw up.

He must really, really be confident that they won't find anything that would even begin to be able to convict him.

I wish they could even make up their minds about them in the first place.

I wish we knew more about the tracks

1. Stop and go prints at point of last footprint?
2. Perp footprints, exiting/entering, following Jacob?

LE has said all tire tracks are mostlikely accounted for after kevin came forward, but at least one detective believes another vehicle is a possibility.

In another statement from LE "We were able to capture at least one of Jacobs prints"

It isn't "evidence," per se, but the thing I find most compelling is the possible connection between this case and all the other attacks on boys in the general area. I'd want to explore that as much as possible if I was an investigator.
I wish Joy would release some verifiable info, it still feels like Internet rumors to use the parlance of our times

People find it suspicious that DR did not want to help search for the missing. In fact, there was no "search" at that time, at least one involving civilians. I can guarantee that the response from Law Enforcement at an active crime scene to the inquiry of a concerned neighbor would be to tell him to go home or otherwise leave the area at once.

Far too much has been made of DR's behavior at the time of the abduction based on reporter's accounts of what DR told them 15 years after the fact. What DR said during the 911 call and and account of his contact at the crime scene would be interesting. The 911 tape was destroyed, presumably because no one thought it was terribly important and all indications suggest that there was nothing about DR interaction with any Law Enforcement officer at the crime scene that night that aroused any suspicion.

People find it suspicious that DR did not want to help search for the missing. In fact, there was no "search" at that time, at least one involving civilians. I can guarantee that the response from Law Enforcement at an active crime scene to the inquiry of a concerned neighbor would be to tell him to go home or otherwise leave the area at once.

Far too much has been made of DR's behavior at the time of the abduction based on reporter's accounts of what DR told them 15 years after the fact. What DR said during the 911 call and and account of his contact at the crime scene would be interesting. The 911 tape was destroyed, presumably because no one thought it was terribly important and all indications suggest that there was nothing about DR interaction with any Law Enforcement officer at the crime scene that night that aroused any suspicion.
He didn't say the police told him to go inside and wait.

He didn't say the police told him to go inside and wait.

he said "well I'll go check it out down here" or something to that effect. He didn't say "well about 45 minutes ago a small dark car turned around in my building site, with maybe a passenher inside" did he? Instead he thinks Jacob could be in the barn or sheds on his property and goes to each of them alone "Jacob, are you here" This man is supposed to be a professional, its not adding up.

he said "well I'll go check it out down here" or something to that effect. He didn't say "well about 45 minutes ago a small dark car turned around in my building site, with maybe a passenher inside" did he? Instead he thinks Jacob could be in the barn or sheds on his property and goes to each of them alone "Jacob, are you here" This man is supposed to be a professional, its not adding up.
Given St Joes, this is an unbelievable reaction. DR'S DAD would have been looking around if he'd been there.

And the perp was armed. DR looks around by himself, in the dark, and the kidnapper had a gun.

I would like to see the transcript from the interview DR had with 2 investigators the next morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Columba64