MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ELOCs book simply reports what was looked at and investigated in the early days regarding the pseudonyms that you mentioned. He doesn't accuse them of anything that wasn't investigated previously.

Mossad, it surprises me that you don't like the book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He should have published names and ask them for their input. Do the Lawrence brother still say they were involved?

It's hard to take them seriously(esp. B, if I should be writing out his name...if not, please snip).

People try to fabricate some connection to the victim in virtually every case...like I said before, I'm surprised more inmates haven't come forward to claim some sort of involvement.

It's just an attention plea(or some creepy form of "media/celebrity stalking")...it might even be a plea for a reduced sentence in exchange for the "inside knowledge" of where the body is(and, during the actual trip to the site, they'd then just say, "Oh, darn! I just can't seem to remember the exact location!").

I have never heard such dishonest and rehearsed voices. If these people actually abducted Jacob(or even knew him, really, at all), I'll eat my hat.

I think they have all the evidence they could shake out of DR at this time. If it can't convict nor clear him, then lose to win and release the entire story to the public.

Ah, okay.

Nobody's winning anything if they compromise their own investigation, though - even if a lot of us are probably very curious about what's been going on(and/or about why the case has come to the "standstill" mentioned earlier).

I don't think they'll ever be able to convict D.R. of anything, based on the information that's currently available...but, he could remain a POI until they find someone who can be labeled, more conclusively, as a "real" suspect.

(Or, until he gets a lawyer and says, "What's wrong with you people? Get off my back.")

This case is at a standstill I don't think there is anything active going on. Doesn't appear that there has been for years.

Can you clarify this? It says one brother unplugged, yet didn't know they were being recorded - what did he think he was plugged in to? Am I missing something?

The younger brother says that he was with his mother making a newspaper drop in the Wetterling neighborhood at 8:30 PM on the night of October 22nd. Was there a paper delivered at that hour on a Sunday night back in 1989? I wonder what that would be.

In one tape a brother says the car used in the kidnapping was burned, in another tape, it was crushed. These are the kinds of inconsistencies that are very difficult to reconcile.

There's some in LE that have deemed the tapes as authentic, and at least partly credible. That's good. So at this point, it's up to LE to sort this out.

MB unplugged electronic devices in her home. He didn't know she was wearing a wire. ;)

ADMIN NOTE: This thread is locked once again.

Discussing information that one cannot link to an appropriate source is OFF LIMITS. Plain and simple. It has been stated numerous times in the Wetterling threads. If a researcher, investigator, or reporter would like to post information s/he has uncovered, s/he can register as a member, and become verified. PERIOD!

Otherwise, such information is RUMOR and not allowed for discussion. PERIOD!

Discussing other members in the third person is not only rude, but disruptive and a violation of TOS. PERIOD!

This thread is intended for the purpose of discussing JACOB WETTERLING'S disappearance. It is NOT intended for GENERAL discussion of child predators, sex offenders, conspiracies, sex rings, unrelated victims, violence against women, or the Catholic Church. PERIOD!

The above topics apply ONLY if one can provide documentation linking them to the disappearance of, and/or the investigation surrounding the disappearance of, Jacob Wetterling. PERIOD!

ETA:
Creating a post which one knows, or suspects, is off limits, and adding that a mod can remove if not allowed, does not fly.

The thread is open again for posting.

This case has to be solved by evidence. The answer is in the tracks or something that has yet to be found.

With limited evidence, I have a hard time dismissing the news cache DR had in his room.

Or it would have been solved by DNA that is long lost to the elements. :(

The thread is open again for posting.

Honestly, there is absolutely nothing new to discuss. The case hasn't had movement since 2010. Just about every possibility has been discussed on some previous post. Newbie posters would do well to review posts that are already out there.

Sas posted a link a few days ago,

http://lifetobecontinued.com/tag/jacob-wetterling/

Notice this statement:

"On occasion, Immelman brings the Wetterling case into the classroom. In past years around the time of the anniversary, he has taken his criminal psychology students to the site of the abduction. He parks his car next to the road, not quite on the person-of-interest’s driveway, and has his students move about 50 yards away and walk towards him while he stands in the road, as a type of reenactment.

“One time the moon wasn’t out,” Immelman said. “They almost walked right into me without seeing me, and never saw the car, which was two yards from road. There are not a lot of lights in the area and it was even darker then, when there were almost no houses.”

Perhaps there was a car closer to the road on DRs driveway... like it had backed in and was ready to just take off?

Now that many have read the book, I'll throw this out there...

In May of 1990, the reward for Jacob's safe return and information leading to his abductor was suddenly increased to $200,000. The increase was established to draw out a woman who had called in November about about a man who changed the tires on his car right after the kidnapping.

I've always thought it was interesting that this lead caught fire six months later. Was it overlooked when it first came in?

Also, after Kevin came forward in 2003 we learned that LE had been focusing on tire tracks found near the scene. Kevin's tires were new, less than a week old.

Is anyone else having trouble reconciling all these bits? It doesn't add up quite right for me. How could they be looking at prints from new tires, and at the same time be interested in a car whose tires were changed right after the kidnapping? I would think they could have traced new tires pretty easily if bought locally as Kevin's were.

Now that many have read the book, I'll throw this out there...

In May of 1990, the reward for Jacob's safe return and information leading to his abductor was suddenly increased to $200,000. The increase was established to draw out a woman who had called in November about about a man who changed the tires on his car right after the kidnapping.

I've always thought it was interesting that this lead caught fire six months later. Was it overlooked when it first came in?

Also, after Kevin came forward in 2003 we learned that LE had been focusing on tire tracks found near the scene. Kevin's tires were new, less than a week old.

Is anyone else having trouble reconciling all these bits? It doesn't add up quite right for me. How could they be looking at prints from new tires, and at the same time be interested in a car whose tires were changed right after the kidnapping? I would think they could have traced new tires pretty easily if bought locally as Kevin's were.

Th tire tracks did not come with a receipt. They could have checked locally at every tire place and garage in St Joe, St cloud, sauk rapids or Sartell. But then you are looking at possibly hundreds of people with new tires. or maybe he bought them from Sears and put the tires on himself, months after the purchase. Maybe the new tire tacks belonged to someone in Kansas.

Has Tracker confirmed that the pictures of the prints look like new tires? I know tires can get imperfections after they roll over rocks, the tread wears down, etc. Do the tracks show this?

Employees at tire shops make note of customers who buy new tires when the ones they have are perfectly good. Less high profile cases have been solved through information from tire shop employees. There couldn't have been that many tire shops in the St Cloud area and the FBI certainly had the resources to extend the search to the Twin Cities. Did they check that angle?

Employees at tire shops make note of customers who buy new tires when the ones they have are perfectly good. Less high profile cases have been solved through information from tire shop employees. There couldn't have been that many tire shops in the St Cloud area and the FBI certainly had the resources to extend the search to the Twin Cities. Did they check that angle?

The fact is they were only accounted for 15 years later via a confession.Suddenly all of the goofy things DR said and did held alot more weight. 7 years after the confession they dig up a part of his farm, remove items, and label him a POI. 5 years today, LE is still under order from a judge to not discuss the details yet.

What is the most compelling piece of evidence for everyone?

The possible fact that DR went through up to 4 contacts with LE, to sleep, and to work the next day before helping LE with eyewitness testimony of 2 suspicious vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Columba64