MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan likes to crack jokes. After you laugh about the skunk, you wonder why after the 911 operator and Deputy Bechtold told him it was a kidnapping, why he would think it's just a skunk still.

Q. Here is a good question for Dan if it hasn’t come up before. It really has to do with his mindset on supposedly telling the officer that he would go back and search his outbuildings. If it were me and it was dark outside and a person just abducted a child near my property with a gun I would be thinking there is a strong possibility they could actually be in one of those outbuildings and wouldn’t even consider searching them by myself even if I was armed. I think the entire situation would’ve been very scary and unnerving and the average person wouldn’t be able to go back to bed.

Dan’s response:

A. After making my 911 call and hearing a child was kidnapped, my reaction was immediately to leave the house and walk up the hill to see if I could do anything. I remember having no sense of any danger whatsoever. I am sure I didn’t even lock the house door behind me. Of course, at that time, I had no idea a gun was involved or what really happened. I grabbed the flashlight and walked through a grassy area leading to the road that goes up the hill. When I got to Deputy Sheriff Bruce Bechtold, I remember it was just a short exchange that a boy was taken up the road. I didn’t even know the kidnapping took place so near (or on) our farm driveway… So, searching the farm buildings in the dark was just not connected to any kind of a fear except for maybe running into a skunk.

http://www.joybaker.com/2013/04/16/a-meaningful-encounter/

RBBM

Interesting that he cut through the grass up the hill and didn't walk on the driveway at all.

RBBM

Interesting that he cut through the grass up the hill and didn't walk on the driveway at all.

I didn't even notice that...!

Another reason not to believe him when he says he didn't know the location of the abduction.

And how could he not at least suspect a gun was(well, might have been) involved?

Did he think the perp just said, "Alright, one of you get in my car," and Jacob took him up on the offer?

RBBM

He's backtracking on a previous trail he had made through the grass. The one that was leading LE towards the woodpile, and what looked to dan as coming straight to him. So he calls 911.

Things Dr knows he can't talk about (except to Joy), LE never explaining why they searched the farm or ruled out certain people. Never really found out who was threatning Joy in her investigation, LE won't talk about any evidence they found on the farm search or what they're waiting for in forensic science advances. It's been 25 years, no sign of Jacob, no further forward (or so it seems), what is everyone waiting for?. If LE are holding back info when are they going to do anything?. It's so frustrating, it's been too long

LE is waiting for what they have said. Technology to advance. And of course more evidence or a confession.

What can they do? I think they know who did it but don't have enough for a good verdict. They may have enough for an arrest, but the trial may be difficult.

Everyone has dismissed Kevin as having anything to do with it. So, he has to have something that puts him out of the running for any involvement.

Was he in an accident and has issues such as difficulty walking or speaking?

Is he incredibly tall or incredibly short? There is something because Patty, Joy, and LE all dismissed him .

Who is everyone??? I for one have never been at ease with Kevin's stories, from pulling all the way into a driveway that you knew was a driveway just to turn around, to the story of a cop just sitting in the dental office parking lot taking a break while there is a missing 11 year old, to the lightning fast FBI agents that were on the scene pouring casts at 12:30 an mere 3 hours after the abduction as he was told by his brothers phone call.

Thanks for posting that Sas. That was my question to Dan on Joy's site and the response definitely was a head scratcher.

I don't see what's so confusing about that answer. He had no idea the perp had a weapon. I wouldn't be concerned about running into someone who is unarmed that just abducted a child, especially with LE only an earshot away. Now a skunk on the other hand....I don't want anything to do with one of those either.

This comment was copied from the link below. Does anyone remember seeing this original sketch with the nylons and horn rimmed glasses that ran for a day or so? The glasses detail is what i'm curious about.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Renee Judkins I would love for this case to be solved, but as i recall, the very 1st composit licture shown in this case was of a man wearin a nylon over his head , & he had horn rimmed glasses on .... it ran for 1 day only ..... then .... lo and behold, Never seen again, Then..... all of a sudden the composite of the guy with the hat .... they were not the same person, but nobody ever explained away the 1st.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.facebook.com/CBSMinnesota/posts/10152518675598825

Now where in the world could someone find a white van these days with all the possible suspects??? Did DR have a white van....I don't think so.

Would anyone like to venture a guess???

How about at 1:42 into the video in the link posted by Wisdom in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. http://cbsloc.al/1k32jZj

All of you and the reporters just passed right by the white van......

Screenshot (9).jpg

And there’s a window van . . .

And a license plate . . .

But how does white become blue, and blue become red?

:jester:

“he was riding his bicycle home from a doctor's appointment about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday when he was stopped by a man driving a medium-sized, red, two-door car . . . The boy said the man wore a dark ski mask over his face and a dark jacket and ordered the boy into the car . . . the car had black rubber door guards and about three inches of masking tape along the top of the driver's side window.”

- Les Suzukamo, Staff Writer, St. Paul Pioneer Press, December 22, 1989, page 5C

:jester::jester:

"I have a very sick feeling there was a car and he was taken away," Jerry Wetterling said.

- Pat Doyle, Staff Writer, Minneapolis Star Tribune, October 24, 1989, page 01A

:jester::jester::jester:

Prov. 11:14

Minnesota does not have that license plate configuration

And there’s a window van . . .

And a license plate . . .

But how does white become blue, and blue become red?

:jester:

“he was riding his bicycle home from a doctor's appointment about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday when he was stopped by a man driving a medium-sized, red, two-door car . . . The boy said the man wore a dark ski mask over his face and a dark jacket and ordered the boy into the car . . . the car had black rubber door guards and about three inches of masking tape along the top of the driver's side window.”

- Les Suzukamo, Staff Writer, St. Paul Pioneer Press, December 22, 1989, page 5C

:jester::jester:

"I have a very sick feeling there was a car and he was taken away," Jerry Wetterling said.

- Pat Doyle, Staff Writer, Minneapolis Star Tribune, October 24, 1989, page 01A

:jester::jester::jester:

Prov. 11:14

and...the man's voice was raspy and low, and sounded like he was a smoker, or had a cold.

Minnesota does not have that license plate configuration

No...but think in terms of another type of tag..the type that one wears following having done a bad thing.

Note that the white van that Tinner pointed out (good catch) does not have windows on the side panel, but the van in the sketch does. Also, the van LE was looking for was tan, not white.

Things Dr knows he can't talk about (except to Joy), LE never explaining why they searched the farm or ruled out certain people. Never really found out who was threatning Joy in her investigation, LE won't talk about any evidence they found on the farm search or what they're waiting for in forensic science advances. It's been 25 years, no sign of Jacob, no further forward (or so it seems), what is everyone waiting for?. If LE are holding back info when are they going to do anything?. It's so frustrating, it's been too long

Cold cases are very frustrating...it's been five years since there has been any movement. Prayers to the family.

Now where in the world could someone find a white van these days with all the possible suspects??? Did DR have a white van....I don't think so.

Would anyone like to venture a guess???

How about at 1:42 into the video in the link posted by Wisdom in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. http://cbsloc.al/1k32jZj

All of you and the reporters just passed right by the white van......

View attachment 75835

And yet the man without the van remains the POI. I'm sure LE just threw some names in a bucket for a random drawing and decided that DR of all people was a good person to pick on.

No...but think in terms of another type of tag..the type that one wears following having done a bad thing.

Note that the white van that Tinner pointed out (good catch) does not have windows on the side panel, but the van in the sketch does. Also, the van LE was looking for was tan, not white.

The van I pointed out in the video does not have windows on the drivers side.... The van in the sketch is a depiction of the passengers side. I have seen vans with windows on only 1 side.

Those of us here long enough to see through Mossad's post know to look beyond the face of what's presented.....Find out a meaning for those numbers-birth dates, years, etc. It sure would be easier if Mossad would just say what he's trying to say but apparently this is more fun for him. Whatever floats his boat.

And yet the man without the van remains the POI. I'm sure LE just threw some names in a bucket for a random drawing and decided that DR of all people was a good person to pick on.

Only to those blind to the facts. And yeah.....wouldn't be the first time.

Let me provide you some quick stats on your Stearns County sheriff's office:
Murders solved through investigative process 0

Missing persons located 0

Burglaries solved in 2012 0

Case clearance rate of all cases in 2012 38%

38% overall case clearance rate in 2012. A far 22% from even a passing grade of a D. But yet somehow the residents of Stearns County are ok with paying a sheriff whom gets nothing accomplished $142,610 a year..... I just don't get it

I'm starting to think that LE doesn't even know what they are looking for anymore!

The van I pointed out in the video does not have windows on the drivers side.... The van in the sketch is a depiction of the passengers side. I have seen vans with windows on only 1 side.

Those of us here long enough to see through Mossad's post know to look beyond the face of what's presented.....Find out a meaning for those numbers-birth dates, years, etc. It sure would be easier if Mossad would just say what he's trying to say but apparently this is more fun for him. Whatever floats his boat.

If memory serves me correctly, those numbers were the numbers on Delbert Hubers identification tag for his booking photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic