MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. According to the evidence we know of, Jacob was brought to a parked car on the rassier driveway.

2. It was pitch black out.

3. Because that is what the evidence is saying.

And the tire tracks of which there are none that are mysterious?

Federal judge to rule on future of Minnesota Sex Offender Program (MSOP)

The ruling, due Wednesday, is expected to set off a series of monumental changes to a program that has long been criticized as inhumane for indefinitely confining sex offenders after their prison terms have ended and without regular reviews.

Experts on sexual deviancy who have worked with offenders at MSOP estimate that as many as 25 percent to 35 percent of those confined at Moose Lake and St. Peter no longer meet the state’s statutory criteria for confinement.

Those most likely to be considered for expedited release, say these experts, are some 60 detainees who have no adult sex-crime convictions but were committed to the program based solely on their behavior as juveniles; and another 70 offenders who are over age 65.

He described his assailant as a white man, 40 to 50 years old . . .

In the Cold Spring incident, the suspect was described as being 40 to 50 years old . . .

Jared described him as being from 40's to 50's age range.

They've released sketches of a 40-to50-year-old man who last year kidnapped, sexually assaulted, then released a boy 10 miles away . . .

The boys who were with Jacob described the gunman as a white male, 40 to 50 years old . . .

The boys described the man as being approximately 40 to 50 years old . . .

The abductor was described as a Caucasian male that was between 40 and 50 years old . . .

The boys described the man as being approximately 40 - 50 years old . . .

Prov. 11:14

Hwy. 2 (which runs between Cold Spring and St. Joe) is being realigned this year and there are some proposed areas of development up for grabs. Hwy. 2 connects with Hwy. 75 on the west edge of St. Joe and also connects with Minnesota Street which runs through town. Some of these maps (link below) featuring the development area are interesting because the area is between St. Joe and St. John's. The various maps give those unfamiliar with the St. Joe area a good overall view of the lay of the land, parks, colleges, etc. in St. Joseph, MN. Highway 2 is the route believed to have been used by a couple of the early suspects in Jacob's case.* *(See page 232, last full paragraph in ELOC's book "It Can't Happen Here".)

Maps:
http://www.cbre.us/o/minneapolis/AssetLibrary/St. Joseph Brochure[5].pdf

So sad about the poor sex offenders. Wah wah. How about the lifetime of horror they left with their victims?

I wonder if abything will be found when they start digging in the development area?

So sad about the poor sex offenders. Wah wah. How about the lifetime of horror they left with their victims?

I found it interesting that Wisconsin has released 118 of them. Just wonderful.

Federal judge to rule on future of Minnesota Sex Offender Program (MSOP)

The ruling, due Wednesday, is expected to set off a series of monumental changes to a program that has long been criticized as inhumane for indefinitely confining sex offenders after their prison terms have ended and without regular reviews.

Experts on sexual deviancy who have worked with offenders at MSOP estimate that as many as 25 percent to 35 percent of those confined at Moose Lake and St. Peter no longer meet the state’s statutory criteria for confinement.

Those most likely to be considered for expedited release, say these experts, are some 60 detainees who have no adult sex-crime convictions but were committed to the program based solely on their behavior as juveniles; and another 70 offenders who are over age 65.

He described his assailant as a white man, 40 to 50 years old . . .

In the Cold Spring incident, the suspect was described as being 40 to 50 years old . . .

Jared described him as being from 40's to 50's age range.

They've released sketches of a 40-to50-year-old man who last year kidnapped, sexually assaulted, then released a boy 10 miles away . . .

The boys who were with Jacob described the gunman as a white male, 40 to 50 years old . . .

The abductor was described as a Caucasian male that was between 40 and 50 years old . . .

The boys described the man as being approximately 40 - 50 years old . . .

Prov. 11:14

Meh, how do you get an accurate age from a disguised person in the dark of night. They went soley off the sound of his voice.

We discussed this before. I looked at my yearbooks and noticed the teachers I thought to be old were actually in their mid to late 20's. Now I think everyone is a teenager.

Maybe I am the only ine with no concept iof age? I don't think kids have a clue

I've put together a comprehensive summary of all incidents where cars were reported as possibly involved in abduction attempts or the Wetterling investigation. The sightings / incidents are listed in chronological order of when they occurred. Note that the dates the cars were actually reported publicly can vary significantly from incident dates.

A lot of red in these cars, and a few of them are station wagons.

Attachments

• Car Summary.pdf
    84.1 KB · Views: 44
I wonder if all of those reports are true

I've put together a comprehensive summary of all incidents where cars were reported as possibly involved in abduction attempts or the Wetterling investigation. The sightings / incidents are listed in chronological order of when they occurred. Note that the dates the cars were actually reported publicly can vary significantly from incident dates.

Very detailed and thorough report on the cars, ELOC, thank you! The guy with black ski mask with blue around openings sounded like Jacob's abductor.

Incredible list, ELOC!!!! Thank you so much. I wonder if LE is as organized as you are.

I'm curious about the 10/25/89 incident, where the abandoned red car was found near the lake. Did they drain/search the lake for a body? And what if the tire tracks were on that driveway but were driven over by Kevin or LE?!?! Is that suspect still on LE's list today?

Incredible list, ELOC!!!! Thank you so much. I wonder if LE is as organized as you are.

I'm curious about the 10/25/89 incident, where the abandoned red car was found near the lake. Did they drain/search the lake for a body? And what if the tire tracks were on that driveway but were driven over by Kevin or LE?!?! Is that suspect still on LE's list today?

Is it possble to drive over the tracks? I think that LE would not be driving up the driveway. That is highly unlikely.

Wondering the same thing. I'm also wondering if people and vehicles were ruled out simply because tire tracks/current vehicle colour did not match? Did LE ensure they checked previously owned vehicles (noticed they did in Jared's case) or check to make sure a paint job hadn't been done.

I am surprised at how many attempted abductions happened in that area during that time frame. I wonder if anyone has ever taken the time to map out (attempted) abductions based on dates to see if there are clusters that occur across the country.

Updated file attached, I forgot to include one car. All cars are referenced in the book "It Can't Happen Here", with the exception of the car cited in Owatanna, MN.

Attachments

• Car Summary.pdf
    85.8 KB · Views: 21
Wondering the same thing. I'm also wondering if people and vehicles were ruled out simply because tire tracks/current vehicle colour did not match? Did LE ensure they checked previously owned vehicles (noticed they did in Jared's case) or check to make sure a paint job hadn't been done.

I am surprised at how many attempted abductions happened in that area during that time frame. I wonder if anyone has ever taken the time to map out (attempted) abductions based on dates to see if there are clusters that occur across the country.

I think some of these attempted abductions have to be taken with a huge huge grain of salt.

Is it possble to drive over the tracks? I think that LE would not be driving up the driveway. That is highly unlikely.

I disagree. I would bet that LE drove up the driveway that night to talk to DR at the house. I highly doubt they had the foresight to park on the road and walk in the grass all the way up to DR's house. I would guess that several police cars drove up the driveway.

Remember that hindsight is 20/20. They had no idea how little evidence there was at the scene and that the driveway itself would basically prove to be the only small area with Jacob's prints and tire tracks for evidence. It was late at night and they had no idea this case would span 26 years and a cross country search. I'm pretty dang sure they drove up that driveway to talk to DR.

I agree about the clusters. If you look back at missing children cases from the 80's and 90's, there seemed to be huge clusters in Washington/Oregon and then another big bunch in Missouri. I hope that LE has noticed the same type of thing.

I think some of these attempted abductions have to be taken with a huge huge grain of salt.

I agree, however there may be a small number that went unreported as well. Something was going on in the mid to late 80's and early 90's in regards to young boys across the United States. That can't be denied.

I agree, however there may be a small number that went unreported as well. Something was going on in the mid to late 80's and early 90's in regards to young boys across the United States. That can't be denied.

Maybe people started reporting ? Before it was kept secret because of the fear of being labelled homosexual. Huge underreporting of acts against boys.

Look at the stuff coming out about priests! And that has been going on for years, probably centuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member