MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The perp sees Jacob, follows them all the way home, then at about 830pm comes back with a gun and a mask and passes the three boys on the way to the store.

Because he knows the boys are going to go to the store? And nobody notices a car going to the cul de sac abd wonders who the stranger is following them?

The pedophile ring idea is hypothetical. A lot of these ideas on here are hypothetical. Why would a priest be out waiting on that one road with a gun and a mask. Hypothetical. So yes the hockey (skating) idea is just a hypothetical idea thrown out there. Have fun solving this with all your human trafficking ring ideas.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The pedophile ring idea is hypothetical. A lot of these ideas on here are hypothetical. Why would a priest be out waiting on that one road with a gun and a mask. Hypothetical. So yes the hockey (skating) idea is just a hypothetical idea thrown out there. Have fun solving this with all your human trafficking ring ideas.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I think ELOC did his research and it was open skate. Jacob was having trouble skating because the blades were sharpened incorrectly.

Why can't we get this important piece of information clear after twenty five years?
https://books.google.com/books?id=g...nepage&q=jacob wetterling hockey rink&f=false

The book at your link has several things wrong. They even have the date of Jacob's abduction wrong. Aaron could hardly have "looked back from Wetterlings driveway" either. They also have the date for Jared wrong, and Cold Spring is more than 10 miles from St. Joe. So IMO, this is not a book to use for accurate info. As Trino and human said, ELOC researched this and found it was an open skate.

Oh. Thanks. His person was totally visible, though, and nothing stands out? Then I am mystified why everyone agrees he is cleared.

IMO, Having both LE and Patty Wetterling say he is cleared and had no involvement at all is good enough for me.

Question for the locals, or anyone else that is familiar with the abduction area.

If the boys were observed by a passing car on the way to the Tom Thumb (not in the Wetterling cul de sac), would the logical assumption be that they would be returning the same way?

Question for the locals, or anyone else that is familiar with the abduction area.

If the boys were observed by a passing car on the way to the Tom Thumb (not in the Wetterling cul de sac), would the logical assumption be that they would be returning the same way?

Where exactly are you talking about? And not necessarily. They could be going to a friend's for all anyone would know.

The topography by the DR driveway is a hill. This has been shown and discussed . This would totally impact visiblitiy.

I think ELOC did his research and it was open skate. Jacob was having trouble skating because the blades were sharpened incorrectly.

Jacob was having difficulty because he was previously in a goalie position, using goalie skates. At open skate he was using regular hockey skates.

Jacob was having difficulty because he was previously in a goalie position, using goalie skates. At open skate he was using regular hockey skates.

I believe it was stated that they were sharpened incorrectly and that is why he was having troubke skating.
I had zero idea that there were such a thing as goalie skates

Trino and Human, you are both correct on the skates according to what ELOC has posted.

In his book in Chapter 1, on page 3, ELOC states:
"With the Vikings in command of the game, Jacob and Trevor decided to forgo part of the second half and put in some extra practice time at the ice rink. Jacob and Trevor were both hockey players. Jacob had recently switched from his traditional goalie position to regular hockey skates, and he was struggling with the transition. It had been a disappointing week of hockey practice for Jacob, and the extra time on skates would be good for him, he thought. Jerry loaded the boys’ hockey gear into the car and drove them to the Municipal Ice Arena in St. Cloud. (7)
Hockey was an extremely popular sport in Minnesota. There was hockey, and then there were "other" sports. Although the season was already underway in St. Joseph and the surrounding communities, there were very few people at the rink that day. People were outside enjoying the beautiful afternoon weather instead. The Wetterlings took advantage of the light crowd at the rink, and skated hard. Jacob, still uncomfortable with the switch from goalie skates to regular skates, struggled somewhat."

And in a previous post on thread 7, page 4, post # 46 ELOC stated:
Trouble Skating
Jacob had trouble switching from his traditional goalie skates, to regular hockey skates. It turns out, his skates were sharpened incorrectly. That's why he struggled with the transition.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Joseph-22-Oct-1989-7&p=10204941#post10204941

Do you have verifiable proof that the car is going towards the cul de sac and not away from it?

Because he knows the boys are going to go to the store? And nobody notices a car going to the cul de sac abd wonders who the stranger is following them?

Do you have verifiable proof that the car is going towards the cul de sac and not away from it?

Um, someone was talking about stalking after skating. Therefore, using logic but no verification, I am thinking the stalker would be going into the cul de sac and not from it.

I cannot see it going from the cul de sac to stalk from the skating rink. But maybe someone else sees how that would work

I was replying to your comment questioning if he knew the boys were going to the store. That person could have been parked behind them at the party spot as well.

Um, someone was talking about stalking after skating. Therefore, using logic but no verification, I am thinking the stalker would be going into the cul de sac and not from it.

I cannot see it going from the cul de sac to stalk from the skating rink. But maybe someone else sees how that would work

I was replying to your comment questioning if he knew the boys were going to the store. That person could have been parked behind them at the party spot as well.

Not gud Englush on my part, I meant the stalking.

We know there were cars that passed them on the way.

Where exactly is this party spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member