MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're going in circles here. (JMO) Kevin was cleared by LE, and Patty has also stated he was cleared and had nothing to do with it.

"Investigators spent considerable time over the next few months, interviewing Kevin, members of his family, and others. They concluded that Kevin was telling the truth and they cleared him of involvement in Jacob's kidnapping. This new information startled investigators because it meant that the fresh tracks they had focused on for so many years were actually made by someone other than the abductor, and they were made several minutes after the crime had been committed."

From "it Can't Happen Here", pg. 183.

Shergal could you please post the best picture we have of Jacobs footprint next to the tire track.

a0821ed5-1e7e-455e-a3d4-a8434bb0b403.jpg

If kevin was there several minutes after the abduction, who kicked the dirt up and onto his tire tracks?

View attachment 78002

If kevin was there several minutes after the abduction, who kicked the dirt up and onto his tire tracks?

Probably Steve Mund who made the castings. The video I got these stills from was taken after Steve Mund had completed his castings. We saw a photo earlier where he had his foot right in the print area while making castings also.

Do we even know those tire tracks are from Kevin's car?

We don't. It's one of those secrets LE holds from the public.

There were accusations on here that noted that DR lifted the tape in the morning and drove over the print field. Is this substantiated? And if so, can someone post the source? What time of day is Steve Mund creating the casts?

Follow me on this strictly hypothetical scenario.

Two perps scouting St Joseph for kids drive past the boys while they were on their way to the store. Knowing that they would have to return that way, they begin to scout for a place to hide. They find DR's driveway and drive up and around the turnaround near the house. DR sees two people in the cab, a driver and either a child or woman. They park the car a couple hundred feet shy of 91 as to not be detected by other passing potential motorists. On the way back the kids are easy to spot with their fluttering flashlight. One of the perps walks down to the end of the driveway beginning the abduction. Jacob is selected and walked back to the car and placed in the trunk (notice the foot cast on top of track in Shergals image). The abductors drive down the remaining part of the driveway with their lights off. Once securely on 91 they turn their lights back on. Both Trevor and Aaron would have been in a mad sprint towards home, most likely not turning around to see if there were any vehicles exiting the crime scene.

In this scenario the two parties DR saw in the car are explained. Also, anyone who's ever spent a long time in the dark knows that their eyes begin to adjust. It wouldn't be hard at all to guide a car a couple hundred feet down a straight driveway with the lights off. That would account for the boys not seeing any lights directly after the abduction.

The only loopholes in this scenario are the tire tracks that LE says are now all accounted for. However, I think it's been WELL established that the Stearns County Police Department has made substantial errors in the past. So my scenario is adjusted and catered towards this being the case. Curious to see what your responses are.

Do we even know those tire tracks are from Kevin's car?

It has been on here several times that DR went down tbe driveway that morning.

I think you would have to drive in the total dark to see how it works to drive in the total dark. I can't see it.

Why would these people be driving down this road? Do they know someone ? How many adults lived past DR's? 15 ?

And it was the FBI there as well. Was the BCA there as well?

There were accusations on here that noted that DR lifted the tape in the morning and drove over the print field. Is this substantiated? And if so, can someone post the source? What time of day is Steve Mund creating the casts?

Two perps scouting St Joseph for kids drive past the boys while they were on their way to the store. Knowing that they would have to return that way, they begin to scout for a place to hide. They find DR's driveway and drive up and around the turnaround near the house. DR sees two people in the cab, a driver and either a child or woman. They park the car a couple hundred feet shy of 91 as to not be detected by other passing potential motorists. On the way back the kids are easy to spot with their fluttering flashlight. One of the perps walks down to the end of the driveway beginning the abduction. Jacob is selected and walked back to the car and placed in the trunk (notice the foot cast on top of track in Shergals image). The abductors drive down the remaining part of the driveway with their lights off. Once securely on 91 they turn their lights back on. Both Trevor and Aaron would have been in a mad sprint towards home, most likely not turning around to see if there were any vehicles exiting the crime scene.

In this scenario the two parties DR saw in the car are explained. Also, anyone who's ever spent a long time in the dark knows that their eyes begin to adjust. It wouldn't be hard at all to guide a car a couple hundred feet down a straight driveway with the lights off. That would account for the boys not seeing any lights directly after the abduction.

The only loopholes in this scenario are the tire tracks that LE says are now all accounted for. However, I think it's been WELL established that the Stearns County Police Department has made substantial errors in the past. So my scenario is adjusted and catered towards this being the case. Curious to see what your responses are.

DR walked into the crime scene and then was granted permission to drive around it using the ditch.

DR says he had a trunk full of big boxes when he left that morning. But when two investigators showed up at his work an hour later and asked him to open his trunk, the boxes were gone. I'm assuming DR Maybe never told them he had unloaded a trunk full of boxes that morning, because they did not search the band room. DR was able to get away with this due to LE's mistakes.

DR walked into the crime scene and then was granted permission to drive around it using the ditch.

DR says he had a trunk full of big boxes when he left that morning. But when two investigators showed up at his work an hour later and asked him to open his trunk, the boxes were gone. I'm assuming DR Maybe never told them he had unloaded a trunk full of boxes that morning, because they did not search the band room. DR was able to get away with this due to LE's mistakes.

Boxes? A trunk full of BOXES? As I recall, the "boxes" were musical instrument cases. Quite a difference.

Boxes? A trunk full of BOXES? As I recall, the "boxes" were musical instrument cases. Quite a difference.

Boxes, instrument cases, instrument cases in boxes so as to carry more at once. It's DR's word only, as LE failed to confirm by not searching the band room. But did DR tell the investigators who looked in the trunk that he had just unloaded such?

Thank you StinkSprings...DR definitely didn't do this imo

It had been reported that there were a few other times that kids around Jacob's age had been followed, including on 91st. Why is it so hard to imagine that the perp wasn't scouting these kids and came across Jacob, Trevor and Aaron?
http://www.joybaker.com/2014/07/09/tidbits/

It has been on here several times that DR went down tbe driveway that morning.

I think you would have to drive in the total dark to see how it works to drive in the total dark. I can't see it.

Why would these people be driving down this road? Do they know someone ? How many adults lived past DR's? 15 ?

And it was the FBI there as well. Was the BCA there as well?

Exactly. A Sunday evening at 9pm in a remote area is not prime time to be scouting for 10 or 11 year old boys.

Unless you're an existing pervert who happened to be attending the Polka festival at the Del-Win ballroom, right next to Tom Thumb. That would give people a reason to be in the area. I think we can all agree this was a crime of opportunity.

Did people from the local radio station attend the polka festival that night?

Unless you're an existing pervert who happened to be attending the Polka festival at the Del-Win ballroom, right next to Tom Thumb. That would give people a reason to be in the area. I think we can all agree this was a crime of opportunity.

Did people from the local radio station attend the polka festival that night?

The del win was important to investigators because they were able to track down a man from japan that attended that night. He was cleared. The fact several cars passed them made that very important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho